1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Wraithcaller's Spooky Seance

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Wraithcaller, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    Ask me anything!

2. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    If you were a My Hero Academia character, what would your Quirk be?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Are there any Pokémon in the catcher that you want, but haven't found yet?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Friskian

Friskian Hex Maniac

Enemy Stand
    (Trickster)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Any favourite PMD Games?

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,236.9
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    What's your least favourite Pokémon? Pokémon generation?

6. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    I gave this one a lot of thought, and I think my quirk would be something like:
    Fade- I can become completely intangible, allowing me to pass through objects and objects to pass through me. Obviously wouldn't be able to make attacks with it, so I'd use it for defense or travel. I think it'd be a pretty useful stealth ability. Maybe it'd have a limited duration, like a minute or two at a time, with a short cooldown? Either way, it'd be dope.

Giratina! I mostly want/need more Ghosts and Fairies, though I'll catch any legend I see.

Explorers of Sky. It tugs my heartstrings no matter what, and the ending always gets me. I also like the bonus content that was added after Time/Darkness.

My least favorite Pokémon is either the Skitty line or Spinda. As a big proponent of "all Pokémon can be good,"they've certainly made that difficult to prove. I hope they get a little boost in gen 8--no Pokémon should be completely useless.

As for generations, I like 6 the least, even if it was the one that introduced the Fairy type. The story is bad, the villain is bad, and the gameplay is too easy. It felt like such a let down after gen 5.

7. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Which of the Pokémon rivals would you say is your favorite? Least favorite? Which rival battle theme do you like the most?

8. Friskian

Friskian Hex Maniac

Enemy Stand
    (Trickster)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Opinion on Gen 5?

Do you like Puzzles?

9. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    I'd have to say my favorite rival is probably Silver, though Barry of gen 4 is a pretty close second. Silver has a lot of narrative potential for being the son of Giovanni and all, and I'd love to see that explored now that Giovanni himself has gone interdimensional with Rainbow Rocket.

My least favorite rivals are definitely the gen 6 rivals. They're all bland cut-outs that might have done better if all their one-note character traits were combined into one character. They're a prime example of quantity over quality, and the game suffers for it.

I've never really given much thought about the rival's themes, to be honest. I think if I had to pick, Wally's proud remix when you face him in Victory Road in OR/AS is very prominent. The way the cutscene seamlessly transitions to the battle using the music to catch your attention was pretty clever and memorable.

I love gen 5. It's probably my favorite generation overall. The music, the world, and the story were all at their best with both B/W and B2/W2. Ghetsis is my favorite villain in the franchise and I keep wishing we could get another villain like him in the future.

I love puzzles, too! I'm actually quite good at most types of puzzles, and I find them both relaxing and stimulating. They help me think and process things.

10. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Favorite monster/legendary creature (unicorn, fairy, ect)?

11. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    That's pretty difficult to answer. There's way too many super cool monsters out there. For more classical monsters, I'd have to say the werewolf. I've always loved shapeshifting as a power and the cool narrative werewolves have of struggling with a monster inside of them. Werewolf stories can be pretty interesting with that sort of conflict taken into account. You always get to think about how it must feel, or maybe reflect on your own personal demons and how they might bring out the worst in you.

For something a bit more modern... I don't know if this counts, but there was a really weird carcass that washed up from the ocean in the 18 or 1900's. It had a beak and fur, and a tail like a tentacle. Nobody ever figured out what it was. Ocean monsters in general are super cool for just how bizarre and alien they can be. Plus you're always wondering what's down there, in the deepest part where no one can see. Maybe it's something super special.

12. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,355.6
    What's your favorite rock type Pokémon?

What's a feature that you would like removed from a future Pokémon game?

What's a feature that you would like added to a future Pokémon game?

What's the last thing you ate?

13. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    That's a tough question. I don't hate rock types but I don't really use them all that often, either. I think I'd have to pick Diancie and Carbink, although midday Lycanroc and Rhyperior are both pretty close, too.

For features, I'd like to see Festival Plaza replaced by the PSS. Festival Plaza felt like a lot of hoopla over a lot of nothing, and it's rendered obsolete since Pokepelago can do literally everything the Plaza does, and better, and more. The PSS was fast and easy, but in FP we're forced to do a whole lot for the sake of perfecting our online experience. It was an odd choice on GameFreak's part.

And I am currently eating a fudge poptart. Because I'm a child in a grown adult's body.

14. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?

15. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    I accidentally swallowed three of my baby teeth all at once. I was eating a froot loop, and you know how sticky those things are? Well, all three of my loose teeth came out, and that little treat became a horrible nightmare for about four seconds. I have not eaten a froot loop ever since.

My mom said I also ate a moth once when I was a baby. Just picked the poor little dude off the wall and swallowed him before she could react.

16. Poffin

Poffin King of Destruction

Alolan Meowth
    (Alolan Meowth)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,384.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    What's your favorite Ghost Type Pokémon?

17. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    I like all of them, but the standouts are Phantump, Giratina, and Mimikyu. Phantump has one of the best origins and is cute as a button, Mimikyu is the same (but also it's Fairy type,) and Giratina is my favorite legend. Ghost types in general always seem to have the best stories.

18. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Are there any games besides Pokémon that you enjoy playing?

19. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    Tons! But I'll list the ones I play more regularly: Fallout, Skyrim, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Monster Hunter: World.

I also have some non-video games I like to play a lot, namely tabletop RPGs like Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition and Pathfinder (but probably not Pathfinder's second edition. That isn't looking so hot right now.)

20. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    What race do you usually play as in Skyrim?