1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Wraithcaller's Spooky Seance

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Wraithcaller, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    Khajiit has wares. If you have coin.

Jokes aside, his name's Dar'jin. He's a thief who does murder for hire on the side. He's recently run afoul of a certain Daedric lord after what was supposed to be a brief treasure hunt on Solstheim ended up leading him to a Black Book. He isn't the Dragonborn, though. Just some cat with a troubled past and even more trouble in the present. I think I'm gonna bring his narrative to a close once he faces off against Miraak. I think I'll play it off as him eventually breaking the curse(s) Mora put on him and becoming a powerful Daedra under Nocturnal's protection. Not bad for a scrappy little cat that started with nothing.

2. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    What would you do if life gave you lemons?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    Eat them.
    Invent a combustible lemon to burn life's house down! :furious:

Skullbash likes this.
  4. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Which is your favorite flying/normal bird line?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    Oh, man, I didn't expect this to be such a difficult question. I love the Pidgey line after Pidgeot's awesome mega evolution, and I have a really soft spot for Staraptor and Braviary. I also adore Pikipek's transformation from cute happy birb to very angery blasty birb. Can I just say all of them?

6. Skullbash

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    How did you stumble upon Lake Valor?

7. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    I was referred by Poffin! We're friends IRL.

8. Skullbash

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    Oh nice!

Do you have a bucket list? If not, is there something you want to do but have never gotten to?

9. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    I've never really thought about making one. I'm like most introverts--I can't stand being out in the wild for too long at a time. I guess if we're talking about goals, I have some pretty lofty ones: I want to be a bestselling author, a biologist of some kind, and maybe even work with some of my favorite game developers. For now, I think I'd just be happy writing a book, getting a degree, and maybe meeting some of those devs at a con or something. Those seem more realistic. *_*

10. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    If you could live in any Pokémon region, which would you choose? Which town?

11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Why did you choose the name "Wraithcaller"?

12. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    Probably near wherever I could catch some of my favorites, or at least observe them in the wild. I admit it's difficult to narrow down, and I might change my mind. As a happy medium I guess I'd start with Lavender Town. It's quiet, not too far from the big city, and it's full of ghosts that I could help put to rest. I could see myself working with Haunter in Pokémon Tower. Maybe I'd be much more open to some kind of worship in the magical world of Pokémon, so I'd depart every year and visit certain places all across the world on a spiritual pilgrimage. My stops would be mainly sacred spots where the dead are buried, or places with an otherwise strong connection to the afterlife. It would be my wish to help ease the sadness of death for both the departed and the left behind. I'd have a team of supernaturals to assist me that I'd have caught on my first trip, perhaps--like Psychics, Ghosts, Fairies, Darks, etc.

I've always been a fan of the dark stuff, though I was slow to warm to certain kinds of horror. Now that I've settled into my genre of choice, I think the name suits me. The name itself was invented when I signed up with another website--it's an adoptables game where you take care of magical creatures, very RP heavy. I wanted to build my identity on that site around a theme and a new OC. Did some thinking about the level of magic in the setting and eventually came up with my character: The Wraithcaller. The name kinda stuck with me after that so I've adopted it as my regular name everywhere.

13. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Whoa! Quite the backstory. I do like it!
    Do you prefer cute Sylveon or creepy dragon-slaying Sylveon? Because yes, that's a thing.

14. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    Well, I mean, both are true... I guess I'd prefer cute Sylveon by a hair because it would be very difficult to snuggle with a pink psycho who's constantly thinking about murdering those poor dragons. XD

15. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    What's your favorite scary movie? ;)

16. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    Oh, now that's a hard one. I definitely prefer classic horror films to more modern ones--modern horror is so mired down with cliches and jump scares that it's completely forgotten the value of subtlety, build-up, and actual good character development.

I guess if you forced me to pick one right now, it'd be a tossup between Hellraiser and Silence of the Lambs. I like gore and psychological horror in particular, where we get to witness the very worst of humanity in both supernatural or frighteningly realistic contexts. The unswaying coldness and brutality displayed by both of the villains is played so well that I can't help but laugh at modern blockbuster horror's juvenile attempts to recreate villains like that. That said, there are some relatively recent horror films that I really want to see, like Martyrs, or Raw.

OzoneFruit likes this.
  17. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Ohohohoho, Silence of the Lambs is definitely up there on my top 10 list of scary movies. (Probably beaten by Nightmare Before Christmas, but it's a close second!)

Favorite Halloween song BESIDES Spooky Scary Skeletons/This is Halloween? :P

18. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    Ah, jeeze, I don't really know very many at all. My family was never super big on holidays so I never really got to immerse myself in all the true holiday spirits, including Halloween. (But that's gonna change this year.) Do scary songs in general count if they don't mention Halloween? Because I have a lot of those. Ignoring the fact that I listen to them all year round, the music I use to kickstart my stories would be very appropriate. It's mostly video game and movie soundtracks.

Right now the scary music I've been listening to the most lately is The Ritual soundtrack. I've been cooking up a story revolving around just such a thing.

19. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Favourite and least favourite legendary?

Opinion on each Eeveelution?

20. Wraithcaller

Eden
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.8
    Giratina is my favorite legend, while my least favorites are probably the Musketeers. I don't dislike them, per se, but they're just so boring and I don't really feel like they have much of a point. Even gen 5's storyline completely glosses over them.

I love all of the Eeveelutions, but here's a summary of what I have to say about all of them:

Sylveon- The best one. Cute, Fairy type, and powerful. Pixilate Hyper Beam coming out of this is also hilarious. All hail the Pixie Cannon!

Espeon- My second favorite. I remember scrambling to get it when Gold/Silver came out.

Umbreon- Same as Espeon. Lower than Espeon because it's harder to get off the ground, competitively.

Vaporeon- I have very fond memories of this one. I have one from Platinum that is 8 years old now. He got +5 health every level up without even EV training.

Flareon- Adorable ball of fire that gets a lot of undeserved hate. Flareon does its job just fine, people are just salty.

Leafeon- Honestly really enjoyed training mine. Hits like a truck and takes hits, too.

Glaceon- I have one from B2/W2 that is maybe... I dunno, 5 years? 6 years? I took down someone's EV trained Zekrom with him.

Jolteon- Technically my least favorite eeveelution, but I definitely don't hate it. It just doesn't appeal to me as well as the others do.

Chicken likes this.