1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Write as you update, or write all at once?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Wings, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Tolerance

Tolerance Swimmer

Pumpkin
    (Fennekin)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽240.0
    The 'Buffer' was basically the whole 24,000 word for the experimental story, which was broken up into smaller chapters. They were all around 1000 words or so, so it wasn't too much effort to spend a day writing each, then waiting a week until I forgot what I wrote, then editing each chapter after the one week delay. The day of release saw a second editing effort, one week after the first.

Some readers complained that the chapters were very short, which they were, but the constant stream of releases, during a period of fandom downtime, quickly brought my story to the top of that forum for a while.

These numbers are pretty much the same for its sequel and my PMD-styled story, at least as far as the buffer size was concerned, word-wise. Unlike the experimental story, however, everything in those adventures were mapped out before any writing began.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Wings likes this.