1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Writers Block

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by RainbowDashie, Jun 14, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RainbowDashie

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    All writers hate writers block. And I'm pretty sure that we've all had it at least once in our lives. I've had a very brief recovery and here I am again with writers block. If anyone has any tips for dealing with writers block, please tell me. It would be a big help for me and other writers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,937.8
    Listen to music--that always seems to help (Celtic, jazz, and 80's/90's pop are my three favorites to use)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    For me, I have to think out what idea I want to write, then go tell someone about it. Something about putting it into spoken words just clears up my mind and helps me work through the blocked mentality. My brother taught me that after a particularly long bought of the block. It also is useful for bouncing ideas off of people, so it's a win-win.

4. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I've found that if I'm struggling to come up with something, I'd go and watch tv or play a game for some inspiration. Listening to music helps considerably too.

5. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    It seems that shinygiratinaz beat me to the punch on this one. I've found that talking to someone about what you are writing helps a lot. Find someone who is interested in the topic you are writing about. It also helps if the person is a good listener who occasionally will interject with a few comments of their own. Then, just talk to them. What usually happens with me is that I will be explaining the part that I am stuck on and then shinygiratinaz will say something that clears up the mental block.

I don't know if this works for everyone, but it works great between me and ShinyG. Good luck getting around the block!

RainbowDashie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.