1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Writing prompt: The battle of time

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Zoroarrkk, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Zoroarrkk

Zoroarrkk Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.7
    So i had a writing prompt where the first line would be twenty words, the second would be nineteen ect all the way down to one. I rushed this a little bit, due to having a sudden muse spike, but I don't think it turned out too bad. Let me know what you think!

The roar from the time god was one that shook the two heroes bodies so violently that they fell over. The Chimchar would reach for his bag and eat the seed, a burst of energy hitting the primal, corrupt deity. Dialga let out another roar as it was hit, looking down at the smaller Pokémon, full of anger. As the two Pokémon got up, a blue and green gear would fall out of their bag. Another roar of time shook the two of them, in which the Totodile could not withstand. Chimchar threw a reviver seed at his partner, before looking back at his foe angrily.A mouth full of flames burst towards the towering steel type, causing a grunt. An iron fist followed, a fury of anger in a close combat style. A water gun as a support attack from the frog behind him.

This fight to the finish would last for several long minutes. In which the two-manned exploration team prevailed, having been victorious. Struggling, the partner would insert the gears into place. Time being restored all across the Pokémon land. While the time god loses his corruption. All that's left in this tale. Minus the few hundred tears. Is three strong words. And they are. Team Pokepals. Goodbye.

Arc1Dragon and Cadbberry like this.
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I especially like the end. I think that you did a good job with the build up, and the poetic emotion sticks out in these sentences. I think the shorter lines were where your creativity is best used. You used the word 'would' several times, yet that has the wrong tense compared to the rest of the piece.
    Overall though the prompt is interesting, and the topic is well done. Brings back plenty of good memories from my own journey through explorers of time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Zoroarrkk

Zoroarrkk Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.7
    @[member="HiddenLore"] See, I thought the end was the most rushed bit and the bit I didn't like the most haha. Yeah, I use would a lot for some reason, probably because of my roleplaying background. Something I need to work on a lot, getting rid of it xD

4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    there is a chance that I liked the ending so much because It brought me memories of gameplay. It's been so long since I played it yet that story was pretty powerful. In the end though I feel that you used the word limit just right with it. while in reality you would probably use commas instead, in the context of the prompt the help build the emphasis

5. Zoroarrkk

Zoroarrkk Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.7
    @[member="HiddenLore"] Oh yeah, that's what I was going for. While I was writing it, I wanted to use commas soooooo badly. It was actually annoying how much it bugged me. But that was quite a hard, yet quick prompt.