1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Writing Schedule

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Wings, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Do any of you stick to a daily writing schedule? Just the thought of it makes me tired...

But I read this tip to set your standards low, and aim for 100 words per day. That way, it’ll be a breeze to reach your goal and you might even easily surpass it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    On weekdays, from 1700 to 2100. Other than that, it's messaging people and doing whatever I can. On weekends, if I'm not busy, from when I wake up to when I go to bed (usually from 0900 to 2000). This gives me time to think and work, especially in the silence it gives.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Wings likes this.
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    ... My writing schedule consists of this:
    - Procrastination
    - Writer's Block
    - More Procrastination
    - Absolutely Nothing
    - Five Years Later, Put Down One Word

Saraceaser and Wings like this.
  4. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Throw in some prayers to the writing gods and you’re set!

Saraceaser likes this.
  5. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I used to have a writing schedule. One hour a day every day. It worked really well and I got a lot of work done in that hour. It was something I stuck no matter what and it really paid off. That hour could be spent either thinking or writing. I stopped doing this hour per day after I finished my last fanfic simply because I wanted a little break and developing my next story would need world building that would take time to manifest. That was like a year ago. Now I'm so far out of that schedule that I'm not sure that I'll return to it.

Wings likes this.
  6. Saraceaser

Elfea
    (Honedge)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽48.0
    In the past, I TRIED to have a writing schedule, but then this thing called 'Extreme Procrastination' kind of got in the way, and... yeah... now, I mostly just write when the inspiration hits me; not the most efficient way to do something (definitely not) but I have to admit, my writing has never been more... read-worthy, you know? Because I put actual heart and soul into it, instead of writing for the sake of keeping to a time-table; that type of writing, in my opinion, is solely for writing Thesis and Research Papers. Because there have only ever been a few times I've actually been inspired to write a 20-page paper, and I could use less fingers than on hand. So, yeah, no schedule for me.

Wings likes this.
  7. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    It went from weekly updates, to biweekly updates, to monthly updates.

Now it's whenever the hell I can finish it. Once I'm done, I proofread, edit, reread and add ANs to finalize before sending it out. Something like that can take almost an entire day!

Wings likes this.
  8. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I don't follow a schedule for writing, I write whenever I feel like it, is not like a aspire to be a author that publish stuff for a living I just like taking it chill.