1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

X items - do you use them?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sheep, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Do you use X items when playing through a Pokémon game? Have you ever used them in the past?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I don't think I've ever used them. Early in the game I don't really need them, and later on I'll have stat-boosting moves that do the exact same thing, but they do it better.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    I have only ever used them once... It wasn't worth it. I prefer statuses compared to additions to attack, defense, or critical hit chance. Maybe when it can actually help, but not right now.

4. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Are they the ones that boost stats only for the battle? I don't think I've ever used any at all lmao

5. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I rarely use them.Though to be fair, I rarely ever take advantage of stat boosts.Sometimes though, I will use them just to finish a battle faster or if I need to survive attacks easier, like when I'm catching Legendary Pokémon in Ultra.

6. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I think I may have used one or two a long time ago just to try them out. Other than that, however, I just sell them whenever I get them. The money I get from selling them is worth far more to me than the items themselves could ever be.

7. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I might have used them once or twice. I end up selling them anyway.

8. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,410.7
    X items don't seem very popular so far! As for me, I have maybe used them once or twice before. They usually end up being sold to the shops for some extra spending money. I'd much rather have a move on hand that increases the stat than an item. It is a whole turn, which can often give your opponent plenty of time to counteract.

9. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I've used them sometimes in nuzlocke runs when I'm in a tough spot or know I'm in for what could be a difficult battle.

10. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I've never bothered to use them and when I do have them, I immediately sell it for extra money on TMs or different types of potions. tbh, I've only seen them in use by scientists and one gym in the games so that gives me no confidence in the actual benefits of using such an item.

11. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I have never used them, hmn.. you have given me a idea. I'm planing to replay Black, starting tonight. I may do X items this run as soon as I get access to them.

12. jmoul18

Gwen
    (Kirlia)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽36.3
    Gardevoirite ★★★★Poké Ball ★
    No reason to use them. Why only boost one stat when you can boost multiple with a move? They're just inefficient.

13. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Not worth the turn they take up imo, I sell them off.

14. Aalacer

Moonwalk
    (Lunatone)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽484.7
    They are pretty broken, so I feel cheap even when thinking about using them :sweat:
    Regardless of how you can abuse the game with them, I don't think they are really useful as the game is already easy enough.

I hope we get some extra-hard game sometime in the future were we end up seeing us making a strategy with X items in the early game.

15. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I use them for early game cash if that's what you're asking. *_*

16. Glitxel

Mya
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽295.4
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    Maybe once when I was playing for the very first time but I didnt like using them. I either sell all X items or just keep it in my bag for some reason

17. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Me generally using special attacks more, I only use them in the beginning of a battle if needed, starting with my sp attack since I use high damaging moves, then once I'm satisfied with my health and theirs, I start using my defense/sp defense items.
    I only recently starting using them but they seem useful in that they are ending battles quicker and easier for me.

18. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Sometime I will use them early on in a play through, but I never buy them I just use what I find by chance. After I outgrow them I sell them for quick cash to buy items that better suit my needs.

19. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    I usually just sell them lol