1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Xbox

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dawn, Apr 16, 2019 at 11:24 PM.

1. Dawn

Dawn King of Heroes

Chiyo Sakamoto
    (Snorunt ♀)
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽807.9
    Let's talk about the Xbox, shall we? A relatively young entrance into the industry, having been introduced in 2001, the Xbox has nonetheless gone through 3 iterations (4 if you count the Xbox One X, although as it's an upgrade rather than a new system I'd say 3.5 at best) and, despite its modest success, it seems to never be talked about outside of dedicated platforms to its existence, with all focus being given to Sony and Nintendo.

Have you ever owned an Xbox console? What makes the system so un/appealing to you? Would you feel differently about Microsoft's consoles if they were cheaper, or had a bigger variety of games? What do you think the Xbox needs to do to be a more relevant gaming platform?

2. Hraesvelgr

Charmander
    (Charmander)
    Level 89
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,641.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I've never owned an Xbox and I probably never will, the games I generally want is usually released exclusively for a different console, such as Pokémon, or getting released to a console I already own, plus I also grew up with the Playstation which have probably left me a little biased as well lol. I've never had any interest in a Xbox due to this so I've never had a reason to even consider buying one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BZRich64

BZRich64 "I am the Mario!"

Gecko
    (Grovyle)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,674.7
    I have always had an irrational hatred of the XBox and I have no idea why. I'll never get one because there have never been any worthwhile exclusive titles for the XBox and I'm 99% sure that there never will be. Sony had Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, among others (though those are multi-system now), Nintendo has everything else, and XBox is just kind of there, pretending that its important. And based off of some of their resent business decisions, I'm starting to get the idea that they might be dropping out of the console market in the coming years. Which has me a little worried, only because it means less competition for Nintendo and Sony, which is not a good thing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Wizard

Wizard Jewel of the Empire

Peanut Butter
    (Bidoof)
    Level 37
    PokéPoints:
    ₽302.7
    Between the members of my family, we have had every iteration of the Xbox. I really enjoy the power of the Xbox One X, but the games that I'm interested in are all pretty much available on the Playstation. The 360 was also a really fun console with good games, and I preferred it over the PS3 for the most part. The original Xbox was a decent console with an extremely large, clunky controller for my young hands.

They make good systems, but I would rather have the consoles that Sony and Nintendo put out, especially with Microsoft now sharing some of their best exclusives with other platforms. Microsoft, to put it shortly, needs better exclusives. Power is a nice thing to have in a console, but the power hardly matters if there aren't intriguing games pulling you into the console.