1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Xiano Fakedex

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by PixelPics, Aug 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PixelPics

PixelPics School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Krautie > Krautle > Krauton [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Fuegi > Fuegon > Fuegops [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Aquachin > Waturchin > Ohchin [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

MORE TO COME!
    These are my first new Pokémon sprites, so I would like some feedback pl0x.

Let's try this again.
    I didn't really see a full evolution chain for an urchin, so I just made one.
    No, it is not a mine. -_-

WATURCHIN REMAKE:

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    The water type starter should be a sea-urchin. There's still no sea-urchin Pokémon.

3. Trainer_Ebony

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I gotta be honest with you. None of them are very creative. The first one just adds more leaves, the second looks like a cut and paste mess, and the 3rd is a spikey blob that becomes a bigger spikey blob. Pokémon have more to them then that, evolving into things that are similar, but unique from eachother. They didnt simply attatch wings to a charmeleon and call it charizard afterall.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Fooze

Fooze Rival

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    ^This and the fact that your sprites are enlarged. Enlarged sprites are really unattractive and are a no-no when it comes to spriting. Reduce them back to their 100% size to change this problem.

But enough negativity. I wish you luck with your project and as for a water-type starter, I'd go with Dioma and say either a sea-urchin or a dolphin-type Pokémon.

5. Mr.Slowpoke

PokéPoints:
    ₽32.9
    What is The pink thing supossed to be my opinion make a turtle Pokémon for the water type

6. atr3mis

atr3mis Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I have to agree with Ebony. It looks like you're pretty good with spriting if you just reduce the size, but it lacks creativity.

Pokémon were originally based off of animals (Now for some reason they're based off of ice cream cones and lamps, but whatever).
    I think the grass type looks fine(Maybe add some vines to be used as arms/legs), but for water type maybe a Turtle would be better for a starter, and a sea urchin as just a general water type (Or dual water/psychic would be cool) without any evolutions.

As for the fire-type starter, are you going for some kind of magma rock? There's plenty of fire type dog-like Pokémon out there, maybe think about making a feline fire-type, or keep the idea you have and add more elements to it, such as more appendages in it's starter evolution, maybe try a different color scheme as well.

I think you're on the right track! Good luck!

7. Cobalt

Cobalt I'M A HURRICANE

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.6
    Basically, what's been said above. I can't lie, I don't think they're good designs. The spriting itself isn't bad by any means, but the Pokémon's designs just irk me. They're not really creative.

8. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    ...I think you should Google "sea urchin" before you try to sprite one, that pink blob thing with a couple of spikes jutting out of it is nothing like one.

9. GarchompIsBlaziken

PokéPoints:
    ₽44.8
    Once again just like in your other thread I say again just bring the sprites to regular size then use the snipping tool.

10. eeveeongirl

eeveeongirl Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.6
    The sprites aren't too bad, but I can agree with people that they could use a little more creativity. And i think that a cool water starter would be a wolf, their just aren't enough water mammals in my opinion. Plus I just like wolves :)

11. DarkLightKnight

DarkLightKnight Dragon Tamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.4
    They aren't too creative, but with a little fixing, they'll be better! :D With the grass final evolution, my advice is to, just add something else than leaves. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.