1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

You Died.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dawn, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    That might be a Dark Souls reference, but I'm pretty sure Resident Evil has something similar, if not the same.

One thing we all have in common (presumably) is that we will one day shuffle off this mortal coil. Death comes to us all, but what sort of legacy would you like to leave behind for the next generation? Would you like to be buried, cremated, or maybe even cryogenically preserved? Do you believe there is an existence beyond death, or is death the end?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    I have no reason to fear death, so here's my opinion: I don't care what happens to my body, so long as it isn't used for science, as the body is practically useless after death. If it is, then oh well. The legacy I would leave is a simple one: "All dreams are possible with enough effort and mind of hope. Don't give up even after you croak." As for an afterlife? The soul is a life force with immeasurable power, not just simple energy, so it must go somewhere, like a new body. I believe that reincarnation - the passing of a soul to a new body - is entirely possible, though rare to remember. At least, that's my opinion. Why do I keep saying that? Probably so people won't get mad at me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I have hyper-tactile dreams of my own death almost nightly for the past few weeks and then you spring this on me?

Anyway, I'm satisfied with my legacy being the people I have positive impacts on and the ripple effect onward from that. I don't need to be written into a history book or even have my name inscribed on a tomb stone, to be honest. And on that note: I don't think I want my body to be kept. I'm not using it any more, nobody else is using it, why should it be kept around? Formaldehyde gets into the soil, modern cremation spews fumes into the atmosphere, cryogenics seems like too much of a hail-mary. I think I either want one of those funerals in which my body is turned into a fertilizer pod to feed a sapling tree or have a classic viking funeral. Stack me on a wooden pyre, say something nice, then let me be consumed. Both of those sound nicer than a Tibetan sky burial, which is good in its own way.

And what comes after death? If my dreams are accurate, then a weird kind of nothingness. Or maybe I wake up before the next part happens. I don't know, and so I won't pretend to know, but it sure would be nice if there was some kind of a pleasant afterlife or other permanence.

4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I'm a Christian, so my views on this are probably obvious (although there are definitely a number of misconceptions people seem to have regarding what Christians believe the 'afterlife' is like).

Insofar as what happens to my body, I actually don't really care since it will be resurrected in its full and perfect form at the Rapture, so whether it's half-decomposed or burnt to ashes means nothing.

#4 Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Rezna likes this.
  5. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Being left to slowly decompose just sounds icky, so I don't think I want to be buried. Other than that, I don't think I care what happens to my body.
    As for the afterlife...uh, can I get back to you on that after I die? Honestly, I've got no clue what happens after we die. I like the thought of Heaven, though my opinion of it is pretty different from others'. I try not to think about death though. Anytime I do get seriously thinking about it, I begin to spiral into a panic, just because I don't know what's going to happen, but I don't just want to disappear into nothingness.

Now, I think I'm going to go listen to music to get my mind off of this before that whole spiraling thing happens.

6. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Ofcourse death is not the end!! For some people it is, and by that I mean burning in hell for forever!
    Or! Eternal life! Heaven! ♡

I'd actually wanna be burried after dying. Fire just sounds too bad even if thats something that'll happen after I die.

Rezna and ShinigamiMiroku like this.
  7. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I want to do what all great scientists have done, climb to the top of the ladder of knowledge, then add my own rung for others to climb and their rungs. I don't really care how small my contribution to science is, because in the end I know that I am helping someone climb to greater heights.

As for my death, I want to be buried with a no alternations made to my body, with a tree sapping (preferably a great pine). I have no attachment to my body, its just a mass of recycled molecules whose source is from the belly of a star. One day, my recycled material will return to the stars (when the planet blows up, yes it will happen one day) so it doesn't matter at all what happens to my body after death. That way I prefer to be apart of the cycle of recycling matter, and to be fuel for a great tree that will live for long times. What happens after death? I'll get back to you on that one.

8. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I'd like to be killed in a weird enough way and the killer never found so my case ends up on an unsolved mysteries show 10 years later with friends and loved ones hiring some PI to figure it out.

Rezna likes this.
  9. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I don't think about things like that. Honestly it's because it stresses me out to make something of myself that people would remember. Though if there was something for me to be remembered for, I would love to put a smile on as many people's faces as I can. I would really love being able to do that.
    If I could make one person smile a day and be remembered for that I wouldn't care about anything else. I'm a very simple person.

10. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    While I don’t believe there is any sort of afterlife, I am not afraid of death. Mainly because I am still fairly young and have no history of terminal health problems in my family. As long as I stay healthy and safe, there is nothing stopping me from making it to my eighties. The goals I have in life are also large, yet obtainable. Get married, become fluent in Japanese, see all 50 states, and travel to every major country in the world. The idea of seeing where the world goes and all the things I can accomplish in life keeps me going.

Much like my Mother and Grandparents, I’d like to remembered as someone who is both kind, yet down to earth.

If cytogenetic preserving becomes more affordable by the time I’m elderly, I’d be happy to oblige. If not, I’d be comfortable being buried on the family grave plot where my Uncle and cousin (who both died young) are.

11. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    If I die, I'd like it to be like they do it in the movies; person gets kidnapped, kidnapper gives last meal with whatever 'kidnappee' wants. but the difference between movies and real life is I want the, to succeed so I die on a full stomach. I still would like to live, but imagine if he shot me, then I survived while someone saved me from the kidnapper, and I was in pain still until I reach the hospital? No, no, I'd rather just die quickly if I needed to die at all.

Also, I am a Christian like @ShinigamiMiroku so I believe I'll go to Heaven. I'm actually wearing a cross necklace reading Philippians 4:13 on one side and the actual verse in the other. It's really nice, because it's pure black with bits of white and metal, and it looks great. I don't keep it hidden but I don't go around showing people, or it would sound like I'm just showing off, like 'Hey! I'm sooo holy just because I wear this cross!' I know someone who always brags about their Christianity constantly but won't allow anyone to help her ego.