1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

You ever go through this phase?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by nduns, Nov 6, 2017.

1. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I have never hated anything from my childhood, except my mistakes. I have always disliked convention and sometimes actively gone against it, even in my youth. Pokémon is one of the things I have always loved. I have played almost every game and watched every anime episode up until sun and moon. However, now I'm entering a sad phase where I don't have time for Pokémon. Life is starting to catch up and I may have to miss Ultra (of course I'll try my hardest to find time). I stopped watching the anime however because I fell that sun and moon has become too childish. Not that I don't like it, it's just harder to watch than ever before.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I never really understood the idea of liking something based on how society dictates. If you like something as a kid, the only reason you shouldn't like it as an adult is if you start noticing issues with it that weren't apparent when you were younger. I was always just sort of "if I like it, I like it".

I got into some trouble with some of my teachers back in elementary school because I didn't like stereotypically girly things and I would adamantly refused to sit with the other girls during lunch, even though there were separate boys and girls lunch tables. One of my teachers called my parents multiple times because I wanted to play with the boys too much, I guess? I acted more rowdy than what I guess was thought "acceptable" for a girl too. I tried sitting with the girls for a few days once because I started to realize that I was considered weird, but I was miserable the whole time so I stopped. Then in high school no one cared. There were plenty of other girls who liked "boyish" things too so I just kept on doing whatever I liked. Its better to find friends who like the things you do, rather than change something about yourself for friends who don't.

Then I got a degree in sociology so now this is just really interesting for me to look back on, mostly thinking, "Well the things those teachers did sure were stupid!"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...