1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Your “Baby”

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Wings, Oct 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I think part of the excitement of writing stems from the fact that you’re writing something you truly love. When you’re wrapped up in the excitement of writing it can be hard to see the flaws because you’re so enchanted with the idea of your new story that nothing can stop your words from flowing onto the page.

And when you take a step back, and wait a couple weeks or even a MONTH, you look at it and say... “what the heck is this?!?!”

Or that’s how it usually works with me.

I allow a huge gap of time between drafting and editing specifically so I can focus on errors I missed. And even after that, I still have errors. I just got a review on fanfiction.net where someone must’ve literally combed through my story to find three grammar errors I had never caught.

Don’t worry too much about your mistake, we’re always growing and learning. If worst comes to worst, you can always edit again and revisit your baby!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SyWry likes this.
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I think honestly that my baby is the story that I am writing at the moment.

Delta Emerald.

It started about 4 years ago, but I became disatisfied and got in a fight with somone that I was really close to and had a hand in the story. It was just anger pouring out of me every time I sat down to write. So I shoved it aside, but I never could stop thinking about it.

I finally managed to pick it up again and I have a feeling it can be magnificent.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Well... it'll probably be one of my original works, coming out soon! The first child will be called Gods Aren't Perfect on Wattpad, a book that tries to let its readers (at least the signed-up ones) laugh at themselves for a bit. If you can find the book and are interested in joining, you can PM me with the form if you wish.
    The second is going under a code name called Duck Reformation. It's still early in development, but the characters have been in several RPs around LV. Some of them are part of DR, some of them aren't.
    The third is a surprise - it's nearly finished, and I'm really proud of it, but I won't reveal what it is. That will come in... probably April or so.
    But for now, it'll probably be the fancomic series that hasn't started, called I Suck At Gaming. It's just a comic-ized version of me failing to get through Hero Mode without dying infinite times.

4. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Fakemon Fate and Will is my baby pet project that I've been trying to finish. Lots of re-designing to do though >_> My art has improved a lot since it first began, and I wanna reflect that.

5. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    My 'baby' would be a universe I've been working on in my head for the last few months. It's basically a retrofuturistic/atompunk-ish alternate history of our earth were although technology advanced (hovering cars, robots, mobile phones, computers, etc), the aesthetics of the 60s never went away. Think of it like how Fallout has a retrofuturistic 50s look, only in my universe it's with the 60s.
    There are a couple of OCs from this project I really love too and that I'd consider 'babies'.

Hopefully I actually end up getting around to turning this idea into a story or something because I think it'd be a shame to let it go to waste.

6. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    my "baby" is honestly just anything i work on and actually like until something new takes that spot or i hate it a week later heh.. so i guess i dont have much to say for art??

regarding my writing, its either a fic i just did or one from freakin JANUARY. the january one was my first real attempt at writing something dark and i think it worked fairly well if i keep coming back to it today. yeah sure i hate it kinda but i admire it for having a weird quality of not being able to be replicated emotionwise

7. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    It can be hard to write when the writing has an emotional link to someone you’ve either fallen out with or lost in a way. Congratulations for recovering, though! Is it posted in the literature library?

That sounds incredible. I’d love to hear more about it and I think it would make a cool idea for a movie script!

I’ve seen some of your work and it’s amazing!! Since it’s such a big project I can imagine your art style must develop a lot.

I saw a thread where on author recommended not attempting a huge journey fic because she said that your writing style would change midway and it would be awkward to read. Really, I only see that as a path to improvement!

8. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Not yet, I am at chapter three with writing and I want to get to at least chapter 6 before I start posting DE, but I have a sort of prequel story up on my FFN and AO3, UN MarineAurora. I might post it here in the lit Library soon though.

9. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I've been working on a book for a while that's giving me a ton of trouble for various reasons. It's the biggest original thing I've ever worked on, so I guess it would have to be that. Aside from that, probably my Mystery Dungeon fic. (The first two books of it at least.) I feel kind of weird talking about them.

Wings likes this.