1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Your Accomplishments This Year!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Eclipse, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    The year's almost over and there are probably a lot of events you have to look back on - some good, some not so good. And then there are those personal achievements, those really significant events you look back on fondly, and realise how much they contributed to your growth.

Do you have any accomplishments - big, small, or somewhere in between - that you did sometime this year, that you'd like to share?
    (Keep it to stuff from 2017. That way, next year, we'll have room for a whole new thread.)

::::

I'll start; one of the biggest things that happened to me this year (or perhaps in my entire life) is that I graduated from a four-year university. I'm out and about, and without the shackles of school to hold me back (unless I go back but that's still a future decision), it's a very significant Thing™ for me!

Absolute Zero likes this.
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    My big thing was graduating high school, moving into the dorms and starting college :3

also making it through the nor-cal fires

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Absolute Zero and BraviaryScout like this.
  3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I've lost a lot of weight, 15-17kg this year in an attempt to reach my goal in finally becoming happy with myself and get the treatments I want and need. I still have a long road ahead of me but once we hit 2018 I'm gonna pick up where I left 2 weeks ago, since the past 2 weeks of the year have been a bit of a mess for me so back in the saddle 2k18 and reach the finish line hopefully!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I think I've got two big accomplishments this year:

- Getting through all my high school applications. Finally. Results in 2018, and that's a whole 'nother ball game - but at least I did all the auditions, all the interviews, all the tests. It was a crazy couple of months and it's finally over.

- Writing a novel in November. I made a big jump in my NaNoing - from 35k to 50k, and not only did I make it, but I also finished the entire novel, which I've never done before. With school and hs apps as well, it was tough, but I used my weekends well and did something to be proud of.

5. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    2017 wasn't a good year for me, as we moved provinces by literally driving for two days, then we had to stay at my brothers for 4 months which wasn't nice ^^ But now we're in our own place so we can relax in 2018!

6. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Getting my associates degree at a community college and transferring to a four year university! Only 3 more semesters to go!

I also improved my art just a tad. I'm still not happy with it and I have a long way to go, but its better than nothing.

7. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    i learnt to draw this year! i don't draw very well but at least it's much better than it used to be :)
    i also successfully applied to the top school in the country, and i'll be going there next year! :D
    i hope 2018 will be a good year !!!

8. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I started driving!
    I started working out (i have smol muscle now)!
    I joined LV!

9. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I got a part-time job! Four years to the day after my health forced me out of my last job, which is a funny coincidence, but even so. Probably my biggest milestone this year.

My physical and mental health are both in slightly better states than compared to last year, too - I still have a long way to go with the former, but the latter has improved dramatically thanks to my relationship, and the removal of several things which were often making me consider what I was even doing living. I've had a bit of a mental cleanup this year of sorts, which has done wonders for me most of the time.

...oh, I also finished 67 games off my backlog and added about 150 more thanks to Steam sales and Humble Bundles on top of the console stuff I wanted

10. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I started and finished my first fanfiction over the course of the entire year! Just finished the editing the last chapter yesterday actually. It was a fun ride and I learned a lot about writing from it. Now I'm eager to work on my next writing project.

I started classes in a major research university! I was taking college classes before and managed to transfer in. Now I'm just glad I passed all my classes this term, especially thermodynamics.

11. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I've made huge bounds in terms of my mental health with lots of therapy and support. I've become close to people I never thought I'd become so close with, made new friends, and got accepted into a College Now class (which starts 2018, but still). The first half of 2017 was rough but I was able to turn things around and I'm happy in a way I've never been happy before.

12. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    2017 was probably one of my best years so far... I did so much this year it's kinda insane. I feel like most of these are small things though, haha.

• My art has improved by leaps and bounds!! I've been drawing almost every single day, hoping to carry that on to 2018!
    • I got my first job! It pays really well and I'm treated really well there. I get to see some of my old friends too!
    • On the topic of friends, I was able to get closer to some of my friends this year! I now have about 3 friend groups, and I make an effort to talk to at least one group every day. In that regard, I'm starting to get over my shyness but barely tbh
    • I came back to LV! It's so nice to be back I tell ya ;A;
    • I was able to stay happy for most of the year! March, July, and December were kinda rough for me, but I made it through the year without being unhappy for the most part!
    2018 better be good lmao.

13. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    - I've survived a direct hit from Hurricane Maria and lasted through the two to three month worth of no power.

14. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I graduated from college and joined LV!

15. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I came back on LV but to be honest I just keep going abd coming back so you know lol
    I won a drawing competition in my class xD
    Got to be head girl of class 12th(for a limited time only tho ;-;)
    I learned a lil bit of dance and learnt two new programming languages- Python and JavaScript. Still learning but am glad that I started on it XD

Well I think there's no big achievements accomplished this year but lil things are nice.

16. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    My biggest accomplishment was probably with my health, at least in the recent part of 2017. I had gradually worsening health beginning about the start of the year, and for most of it was barely sleeping, was out of energy after walking literally 5 minutes, and was barely eating enough to sustain a living human. At my worst (around July/August), I weighed 105 lbs (48 kg, which is positively skeletal for a 6'1" human) and could barely speak without exhausting myself and needing to catch my breath. Since then, I've gotten up to almost 130 lbs (which is still unhealthily skinny), I eat as much as a normal human, sleep pretty well, and have enough energy to officially kick of my journey to not only getting healthy, but getting strong in the coming year.

I hope to continue this trend to hit 150 lbs of healthy weight and get enough energy/cardio health to jog a 5k by 2019. Not a super high bar, but one I still have to work to reach.

Edit: I just did a New Year 12-month Tarot reading for myself, and most of the year looked good until December. 5 of Pentacles, which in this particular deck means loss, hardship, and specifically describes failing health. So my next 11 months should be good at least!

#16 Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  17. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Got a union job! Literally on January 2nd of 2017 haha. Thanks to my parents being generous and not charging rent, I was able to save a lot because of it. Definitely my biggest accomplishment of 2017. ^_^

@Zero Sifr I'm very proud of you. Can only imagine how difficult everything was for you, but it's great to hear things are picking back up =)

18. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Getting into a national honor society because of my good academics in college is the biggest thing I'm proud of! I take my education very seriously since I've slacked on it in the past so this has been an incredible accomplishment for me.