1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Your favorite 3DS Pokémon game

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Sheep, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Out of all available 3DS Pokémon games, which title is your favorite and why?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I myself like Pokémon Sun. Feraligatr gets a special item that’s the closet he’ll get to mega’s. However, Y is a favorite as it was the first time I got into being somewhat decent at the game and gaining knowledge.

Sun does make it hard to get Mega Zard though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AutumnsDusk

Fennekin
    (Fennekin)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Sun was amazing. I like Sun a lot but I also like Diamond. It's not strictly a 3ds title but it has a special place in my heart as well

4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    There's not really that many to pick from tbh and none of them have made the same impact as some of the DS games did. But I suppose Sun would be the closes I have to a favorite considering the amount of time I spend in it.

5. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Gotta say Moon. I downloaded the game at midnight, and was able to play at my leisure.
    I also really enjoyed Pokémon Rangers.
    Pokémon Moon did something rather special, by showing you which moves were effective, before you used them. As I'm not really good at remembering type match-ups, this was super helpful for me. I could do without the extra-long tutorial (in any game.) And seeing Alolan Executor (spelling?) was a severe let-down for me. Also not being able to evolve Crabrawler for a ridiculously long time! I'm hoping that with the new Pokémon game coming to the Switch, (not LET'S GO PIKACHU & EEVEE.) a tutorial will not be necessary, stoppable even.

6. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I'm going to assume we're excluding backwards compatibility with this, so...Super Mystery Dungeon. It's either that or Super Pokémon Rumble and, as strangely satisfying as that game was, it was still a port of a mobile title that could have used a lot more polish...even if it WAS better than Rumble Blast, which was a nightmare of RNG.

But really, SMD wasn't all THAT bad. Being forced through the main story was a bit aggravating - I like to grind, and there was a certain pressure at times with inventory management - but the Connection Orb was no worse than Chimecho Assembly from the Explorer games (in that it was fine but massively inferior to Friend Areas) and being able to recruit EVERYTHING was nice. Postgame wise it was a lot easier than the DS versions, but still enjoyable nonetheless. Beautiful visuals, fantastic soundtrack - Fire Island Volcano is one of the best pieces of music in any Pokémon game, ever - and that Mystery Dungeon charm. A welcome reprieve from all the terrible core games the 3DS was assaulted with.

7. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    Pokémon Picross!
    Okay, not really (I do like it, though). In terms of story, Sun wins by a long shot. In terms of gameplay, probably OmegaRuby. It had a lot of features that I loved that didn't make it into Gen VII (the DexNav, Secret Bases, having a bike, etc.).

8. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    ORAS for me. I adored Hoenn during the RSE days and loved what they did with the remakes. Fantastic music, interesting post-game arc with Zinnia, contests continued to be extra fun, and Steven's redesign was great too. Got me very immersed in his character. The Super-Secret Bases were also one of my absolute favorite things to mess around in. Can replay that game all day. =)

9. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    ORAS for sure. As somebody who started in Gen. 3, this game was a dream come true. I like XY and SM/USUM, but these games hit nostalgia for me, which usually isn't a big factor. Even beyond that, the games took Gen. 3 and expanded on it without overhauling what was already in the games. The Delta Episode was incredible, I loved getting to know the "bad guys" a little more personally, and I loved the slightly updated Pokédex with the updated evolutions. Phenomenal game, all in all.

10. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    omega ruby for nostalgia reasons

11. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    A tie between Sun and Alpha Sapphire.
    Alpha Sapphire because Sapphire was my first Pokémon game, and exploring the Hoenn region again in 3d was amazing.
    Sun because I really loved the feel of the Alola region and the Pokémon introduced in it.

12. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Probably ORAS
    Because the Pokédex is very big and there are so many waifus!

13. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Oras, Gen 3 was da bomb and the remakes were great!

14. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    ORAS. I'm a Gen3er and proud of it, and ORAS was my dream come true.

15. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Probably Sun, it had a great story

16. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    ORAS. I have always loved gen 3 and seen it as the best series in my eyes. I hadn't played Emerald in a long time by the moment I picked it up so it was a blast of nostalgia. I liked X and Y but it always felt empty and empty to me. ORAS fixed that problem by filling it with all the great things Hoenn had to offer. My only gripe with the game is that sealing on the seas feels a lot more limiting in 3D.

17. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Definitely ORAS. Hoenn's always been one of my favorite regions, so I was super excited when Gen 3 got a remake.

18. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Ultra Sun. While I liked the plot of Sun better, Ultra Sun brought in the URS which made a huge difference to me. While they played disappointingly minor roles in the games, they’ve inspired me to try and write more about the culture and life in Ultra Space. I think they could’ve been expanded on a lot further, but I guess I’ll just have to write their backgrounds myself...

19. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    So far...I still really loved Pokémon Ultra moon but...I don't how I'd feel about ORAS.
    Mainly cos I haven't gotten to play them yet. I know I loved the original Sapphire. (Sapphire's my birthstone though so I'm biased) So I assume I'd probably enjoy Alpha Sapphire guess that's just something I'll have to save up for seeing as the only problem I have with Ultra moon is I got it the thursday of my birthday and by the time the next monday came I had beaten the entire game and after story...which is sad since before then I had never even beaten the elite four...I guess it felt too easy but still fun?

20. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    Favorite 3DS title? Umm... I think Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon would take that place. It's not like original Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, but it was fairly well done and clean of a "horribly designed story" like Gate to Infinity. And it probably takes the cake because it's a PMD game. Otherwise, it would have to be X. I liked Xerneas, and it actually had an okay villain team with nice plot twists on the enemy team (like how Lysandre was really your enemy when he treated you like a pal).