1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Your favourite sandwich?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Azazel, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I personally like a cold cut sub, yummy

2. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Prefer hot sandwiches. I have to say either a barbecue sandwich with pulled pork, sausage, cheese and barbecue sauce or a philly steak with beef, provo, green peppers, grilled onions, mushrooms. Each with a side of seasoned fries and sweet tea.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I like most coldcut sandwiches (personal fave is either bolonga or turkey), but none beats the perfection of...

The peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I was actually going to have one tonight, but I ony have one slice of bread. Oh well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    BLT, if you are talking about Subway though... ANYTHING

5. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I like my sandwiches simple. For me, nothing beats a good cheese and tomato toasted sandwich. (Except Subway, but there's no competition there.)

6. Sugar

Sugar Pokemon Coordinator

Deoxys Egg
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,357.1
    Nothing beats Subway for me, but if I were to make one at home...

Either PB + marshmallow fluff, or peanut butter on its own is perfectly fine as well~ I've grown less fond of PB & J, believe it or not.

Vigilance likes this.
  7. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Not a big fan of Subway. Had a bad experience which resulted in food poisoning and a very expensive doctor's visit.

8. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    My dad works for Subway, so I sometimes get free sandwiches whenever he comes home. Personally, I like cold cut meat with light mayo, cucumber and lettuce.

Pulled pork is awesome too. I once tried Korean pulled pork last summer at Subway. It's so good... I hope they bring it back.

9. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    In terms of a hot sandwich I guess it'd have to be a bacon and cheese sandwich though bacon tends to make me violently ill so it's rare for me to be willing to put up with the after effects. For a hot sandwich I can actually eat without feeling like the guy in the diner from Alien would be grilled chicken and tomato ketchup (specifying type since outside the US tomato isn't the most popular type of sauce called ketchup) preferably Hunt's Natural to avoid the overly sweet ketchup like Heinz and regular Hunt's is also sweeter than Natural.

For a cold sandwich it's a toss up between a salami, pepperoni, mozzarella, cheddar and Uncle Mike's Hot Flavored chips sandwich and a Peanut Butter and Scottish Black Currant Jelly sandwich.

For deli sandwich it'd be chicken and cheddar supplemented with a healthy dose of pink Himalayan sea salt (simply has a better flavor than regular salt or sea salt), fresh ground black pepper, and Hungarian Hot Paprika with the caveat that the chicken is fresh since old deli chicken tastes exactly how spoiled tuna smells and the sandwich is then required to be heated until the cheese melts and set to cool until it regains some of it's surface tension so it's a luke warm sandwich not a hot or cold sandwiich.

For grilled cheese sandwich it's a 25:10:15:25:25 split of mozzarella, Romano, Colby, Cheddar, and Monterrey Jack with diced pepperoni cooked in butter that has a pinch of salt until the outside just start turning crisp as I'm not too fond when it gets overly brown.

10. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Gah idk even. I love sandwiches.. I probably eat them more than I should. I love tuna salad sandwiches for cold, and roast beef + cheese has become another favorite if we're talking hot sandwiches. I'll eat almost anything. Just preferably with no mayo. >.< Ha.

11. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    Fluffernutter and nutella and peanut butter... And chicken/tuna/egg salad sandwiches... Ooh and bbq meatball sandwiches... I like sandwiches.

12. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    My step father had the same experience with Taco Bell, so I understand where you're coming from! I refuse to eat at taco bell lol

13. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Taco Bell is just nasty too.

Another thing is that I don't like lettuce or pickes on a sandwich. If its a burger, then I'm okay with the former. Don't know why, it's kinda strange.

14. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Anyone had a really good Reuben? When the corned beef and sauerkraut are just right, its perfect. :thumbsup:

15. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I'm kind of sure that this goes against all of your principles of a proper sandwich, but I'm used to folding the slice of bread in half when I only want a small sandwich XD

Anyways, I always love a good old BLT or a ham-egg-cheese sandwich. Saves me when I'm not in the mood for rice. :D

16. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽498.9
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    My favorite sandwhich? Let me show you the build!

wheat bread toasted
    miracle whip
    tomato
    lettuce
    6 strips of bacon in a crisscross pattern
    yellow american cheese
    ham
    white american cheese
    chicken
    cheddar cheese
    turkey
    miracle whip
    wheat bread toasted

For some reason I always called this a tomato sandwhich since I was a kid and yes the build has evolved with my tastes.

17. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    My school had these turkey sandwiches with cheddar on Kaiser bread that were amazing. I used to eat them nearly every day with hot Cheetos. I'm not generally too picky with sandwiches though as long as there are no onions or tomatoes.

18. Ultra5

Ultra5 Camper

(Moltres Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.8
    Sandvich! Om nom nom nom. Sandvich make you strong!

I myself prefer turkey pastrami and mild cheddar on any bread swimming in mustard.

19. Auric

Auric Platinum Addict

Another one!!??!
    (Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.6
    Black Glasses ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Soda Pop ★Oran Berry ★★
    I like pretty much anything that doesn't have any vegetables (excluding potatoes) or mustard. But here's my favorite type to eat. And it's INGREDIENTS!
    • Any type of cheese.
    • Spam, ham, burger meat or chicken.
    • (Optional)Mayonnaise, ketchup or both.
    • (Optional) Cheese spread, Bacon spread, or barbecue sauce.
    • Toasted White bread, preferably without the crust.
    • (Only if available) Bacon.

20. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Just a regular ol' ham & egg sandwich for me, though I like it when it's lightly toasted. love that crispy bread