1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Your opinion on Pokemon Showdown.

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sonic Ramon, Jan 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    PS has been around since the BW days, as far as I know. And it has change throughout time ever since then. Now I won't go into details on my history with PS itself, since I met it during the transitioning to Gen 6 competitive. But just to let you know right now, I was having a harsh time on PS back then. With the amounts of locks, bans and on some occasions, unfair treatments. Referring to the chats there, in case you were wondering.

Anyway, after bypassing all of that, I'd grown mature nowadays and not make as many mistakes as I did before. My overall thoughts towards that site is neutral because despite making me some wonderful friends that I cherished with me on Discord and Skype, the folks I chat with that seem like they give an rat ass about me, are there to chat with. Like a community, pretty much. As for the battles, well...I don't like doing competitive all that much because of how ridiculous it can get. But thanks to that ridiculousness, talking about it is a different story! I enjoy chatting about it with others so that's a point on that behave, I guess. So what are your opinions on PS? Do you like it? Dislike it? Or neutral towards it like me? Explain why, if you must. :3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TheChaosK

(Celebi Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽18.4
    ah showdown. me and my buds have used showdown to make mock teams and battle each other before we were able to do it in actual Pokémon. im not fond of PS as a whole...for no particular reason. but it has its uses. if you like to battle competitively or just enjoy breeding like i do. i find showdown is a perfect way to prebuild your mon before you make it in game. a kind of guideline for what you want.

3. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    hmmm.

I used to be huge into competitive Pokémon back when BW was at its peak hype, and this was also when I used PS the most. I wouldn't worry about the community if I were you; I'm not sure if it changed much these days (probably not), but when I was around and modding the main Showdown server, the community for the most part seems rather questionable. The smaller communities are probably better for looking around and making friends rather than going into the lobby in which things tend to be quite a mess on a frequent basis.

Nowadays, though, because of my disconnect with competitive Pokémon, I've just grown quite bored of it and haven't really touched it in quite a few months.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Pokémon Showdown was the place that led me to Discord and therefore this place, and I've had good memories there. PS will always hold a special place to me because of that reason.