1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Scarlet/Violet Your Path to Victory Street

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by BZRich64, Nov 27, 2022.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    One of the big selling points of Scarlet and Violet was their open world nature. For the first time in series history players are allowed to take on challenges in almost any order they wish. This system was poorly implemented, mind you, but it still makes for a unique experience and lets players find their own way through what the Paldea region has to offer. Thus, it could be fun to compare how each of us chose to tackle the three storylines that make up the bulk of the game.

As I mentioned earlier, the open world aspect wasn't handled as well as it could have been. To be more precise, the levels, difficulty and overall challenge of each gym leader/star commander/titan is set in stone instead of scaling to the player's progress in the game. As such, there is an order that could be considered 'correct' in the sense that it would be taking on these challenges in order of ascending difficulty. Here's a handy image shared by @DoctorAlakazam over on Discord which shows what that order is:
    [​IMG]
    Of course, I doubt anyone here actually ended up doing things in that order. I know I sure didn't. Now its time to share how you went through the Paldea region by either sharing a screenshot of your completed map or just telling us what order you did things in. I'll go first.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, there were definitely a few points here and there where my journey hit an unexpected difficulty spike that gave me plenty of trouble, the biggest obstacles for me being the Fire Squad and Psychic Gym which were both over-leveled for where I was at when I took them on but I was too stubborn not to beat them. I'm almost glad I didn't find the path to the poison gym leader's town the first time I tried to get to that corner of the map, otherwise she would have ended up as #5 or #6 on my challenge. There were also a few points where I just completely wiped the floor with certain challenges that I was too strong for, such as the Dark Squad or Sky Titan. One of my biggest complaints in this game that I mostly loved was the poor difficulty balance that resulted from the lack of any attempt at scaling the challenge to match progression even if overcoming those few truly difficult obstacles was satisfying.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Phew. Had to bust through the last star base. More poor team was not geared up for a powerful fighting type offensive.
    2022112722285500-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg

I agree that it would have been nice if the challenges scaled to your level. I also found that Nurse Joy's advice was very lacking as the few times I asked her where to go she sent me in way over my head. Overall. Despite quirkiness, crashes, and some all around weird bits, I've really enjoyed playing the game. As evidenced by my getting so far in a week, compared to my still incomplete Brillant Diamond run. Ah well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    I'll confess I'm one of the few actually following the "suggested" path:

--Stony Cliff Titan was cake with a Grass type
    --Katy was easy as a Kalosian silk pie (The olive roll is just as easy if you know what you're doing)
    --Brassius was just as easy (although finding the Sunfloras gave me a funny idea for how Ash completes the test)
    --Open Sky Titan was not TOO hard--you just have to be careful with an Electric type
    --Dark Star Base was fairly challenging--fine tuning movesets helped
    --Iono took me two tries to beat. (Her personality is everything you'd expect a clothes/makeup influencer or someone like that to be like, but in my remix, she's a gamer/speedrunner--and Ash gets her badge by doing a glitch she believed impossible on console)
    --Fire Star Base was an actual challenge--finally beat Mela by fighting fire with fire!
    --Lurking Steel Titan was very easy once I tracked it down.
    --Kofu was cake with Lita the wonder Pikachu and Menta the Floragato/Meowscarada
    --Poison Star Base was very much a challenge! (Atticus will be fun to write...)

To do list:

--Get Medali Badge (Thought of the Order Badge for an imagined badge name)
    --Get Montenevera Badge (Spirit Badge)
    --Track the Quaking Earth Titan
    --Finish off the Gyms
    --Raid Fairy Star Base
    --Track the False Dragon Titan
    --Raid Fighting Star Base
    --Endgame

My imagined names for the badges (so far)

Nectar Badge
    Thorn Badge
    Spark Badge
    Dew Badge
    Order Badge
    Spirit Badge
    Wish Badge
    Snowflake Badge

#3 Nov 28, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2022