1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Your thoughts and opinion on the Delta Episode (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by sohrob101, Dec 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    When you finally beat Omega Ruby and/or Alpha Sapphire, you get to experience the Delta episode, a special after story to give you access to Pokémon like Rayquaza.

What are your thoughts on the Delta Episode, did you like the idea of a post game that had more depth than past post games in other Pokémon games? Do you wish the Delta episode was longer? What blew your mind the most in the Delta Episode?

In my opinion, I felt happy about the Delta episode because it reminded me of the post game that the original Pokémon Ranger games offered. The post game for that game was really awesome, and the post game stuff felt so fluid as if they were just random events that occurred. Also I fudging loved going to space, best thing ever! xD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eru Iluvatar

Eru Iluvatar Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    I have mixed feelings about the Delta Episode.

On the plus side, Zinnia's theme is the best soundtrack I've heard in a Pokémon game. It was so good that I downloaded it onto my phone and I'm very selective about which songs go onto my phone. So, yeah, it was that good, for me at least. Secondly, Zinnia herself was a nice character and I liked her story and her personality as a whole. Thirdly and finally, I loved fighting Deoxys in space and that you can catch it even if you kill it.

However, on the other hand, the biggest salt I have with it is that the Mach Bike Puzzle is gone. Honestly, it's like GameFreak is designing these games for cranky nine year-olds. Oh, right, they are. I really missed the puzzle, it was one of my favourite things about the Gen III games. The second negative point is not a huge deal but I felt like it was a bit too easy. Almost like a light novel kind of game. Most of it was running around across the region and cut-scenes. It's really the first point that cheeses me off though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    sohrob101 and Rafael like this.
  3. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    The story was interesting for me. But just like my problem with the games, it was way too easy. I get that they're trying to appeal to younger players, but considering it was an end-game quest, they should have made the opponents a little challenging at least XD

sohrob101 likes this.
  4. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    It was a nice little thing to do for the aftergame, but it occured to me the levels were kinda low and most of it was just flying around, a few minutes of dialogue and then more flying around. Honestly, I preferred the BW2 after game, where a previously inaccessible area was unlocked and you could explore and wander around freely. Same goes for most other recent Pokémon games (DPP, HGSS or even FRLG). I can't say it was a letdown, though I'd hoped it would've been more (sums up my whole ORAS experience btw). The whole thing with Deoxys felt kinda slapped on too.

5. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Honestly, the delta episode felt more like the next awesome chapter in the story. It added context to the randomness of getting rayquasa in emerald. It felt like it was always there and always SHOULD be there. Not to mention is gave more life to the game. I'd say the delta episode was a pure joy and I hope they do something like that again in future games. Also the space battle was WAAAAAAAAAAAY EPIC!

6. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    It was a great way to canonically include Deoxys without an external event, and it really felt like another genuine world-saving opportunity (and a storyline event that made my initial goal for Delta Effect possible). I wish there was more exploration involved (I think we accessed a new part of Meteor Falls and that was it), so it would feel like an actual post-game, but the story of it I loved.

Plus battling in space and being a better dragon tamer than Zinnia. Those types of bigger-better things I want to see in Z and Gen7. Not just stopping eco-terrorists and taming one godlike being, but taming a mega-godlike being and saving the entire world from a disaster. It felt like an upgrade, or maybe just Nintendo testing the waters before diving into a full game with stakes that high.

7. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    For me, the Delta Episode was something that felt like a real story. I really value a good story, and I value it even more if I can combine it with my favourite things. Since this was a part of a Pokémon game that mainly contained story, I was the happiest girl in the world.
    Zinnia got a Whismur she gets to take everywhere outside the Pokéball... I'm jealous >_>

8. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    I think Delta Episode is pretty decent, because it fits the end-game story perfectly. It has many good things, like Zinnia and her pretty good battle theme, and being able to battle and catch Rayquaza and especially Deoxys, because it used to be available as the event Pokémon before this event takes place, and I wish Game Freak would put more of this in the future.

9. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    The Delta Episode was really cool in the sense that it was the first time any Pokémon game has an in depth postgame (I think of Kanto in gen 2 as part of the main game and Gen 4's wasn't that much really). I really hope they continue this. The story was rather interesting but I also didn't find it especially special. It was fun to continue my journey after the E4 though!

10. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,434.8
    Sadly, the Delta Episode got spoiled for me the morning of the day ORAS came out while I was looking at the Pokédex (thanks Serebii). However, I still enjoyed the Delta Episode thoroughly. The whole Zinnia storyline was intriguing, and there was the constant push to continue it. Also, I loved the explanation of the ancient runes and the background of Hoenn. When you cap up the lead-up with an epic battle with Zinnia and awesome battle theme and going to outer space to beat fricken' Deoxys... that's seriously some of the coolest crap that Pokémon has ever put out. Period. The only thing that I don't like is how Deoxys became super common after ORAS came out, but I'm okay with that since Deoxys is a Pokémon I hadn't owned before.

11. EchoSouls

EchoSouls Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.2
    I thought catching Rayquaza was much too easy. It took me one ultra ball to catch them. And catching deoxys is a pain, honestly.

There's too much of a gap between the difficulty of capturing those two (Is it just me who feels this way?).

Aside from that, I honestly loved playing through the Delta Episode. Zinnia's theme is amazing (I'm guilty of stopping pressing buttons mid-battle so i could hear it ;w;) and overall it was a nice little post-game story.

12. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I still wish that the Delta Episode wasn't hinted at at all before ORAS was released, since it would have been a fantastic surprise after the main story. Way too many things about ORAS were spoiled, unfortunately, it took away a lot of the hype for me (albeit I was still excited because Mega Rayquaza). Still, I did enjoy the Delta Episode, even if it was a bit easy. I caught Rayquaza with a Nest Ball at full health with a Lv.65 team, haha. It was kind of hilarious.

Regardless, I hope they do more post-game storylines like this, it was done fantastically and I hope it becomes a trend in future games.

13. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I loved the Delta Episode a lot, personally. I thought it was a great post-game event, and I kinda wish it had been a little longer. It was also a nice touch that included Rayquaza, rather than it just being a post-game legendary like in Ruby and Sapphire.
    Thankfully I hadn't been spoiled for it, though I did know that it existed. The space battle caught me completely off guard though, ahaha. I was glad I had saved before battling Zinnia.

14. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Loved it, and I hope future games would have post-game content as good as this one. That last battle with a certain legendary in space was the crowning moment for me!

Though it would be better for GF to keep it a secret until after its release so it would surprise the fans. People already knew about the Delta Episode before they even got the game when it was released, so for some people it might not be as awesome as it's supposed to be?

15. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,020.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I really liked the Delta episode the only gripe I have about it is that you face off against Deoxys right after catching Rayquaza. I would really have liked there to be a chance to save between the two fights. Like Del I think it would have been nice if they hadn't revealed it at all since it would have been a nice surprise and at that point the only surprise since everything else had already been revealed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.