1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 7 Your thoughts on the SOS system?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by colours, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I do like the sos system, however it feels like they could have done something to streamline it a little better. I also wish that some species would have been a little easier to encounter and that all sos Pokémon could have their hidden abilities.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    It’s nice and all but it gets irritating. I think that they should add the ability to choose which pokemonti throw out first, and I don’t mean the first Pokémon in your sort, let’s say that you run into a onix and you have a level 5 charmander, instead of it being first in your party and having to switch to your water type, you could just choose it throw the water type first without having to put it in the front of your party. It’d just be way nicer and convent to have this feature rather then havingilwd Pokémon call the boiz for back up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    It is good but I think it still needs some changes.
    For example: Let us aim with our pokeballs. I mean seriously. This happens in XY and ORAS. Encountering more than one shiny in a hoard battle. It is a pain to train and shiny hunt during a SOS battle

4. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    While I like the SOS system, it can be frustrating at times. I usually don't want them to call for help unless I'm shiny hunting or something.

5. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I thought it was a good system for shiny hunters, but I personally didn't use it because it got really annoying when they were ganging up on my Pokémon.
    It did help when I needed to train using the Chansey chains.

6. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Was a little tiresome when I just wanted to get through a fight without it SOSing extra Pokémon. When I'm SOSing for shinies, it's more annoying when they don't call in more mons and I have to wait another turn haha. Overall I like the feature -- much bigger chance to get a shiny, which as a collector makes me happy!

7. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I liked the idea of it for the first couple routes, and then it got tiresome when you just wanted to move on through a little patch of grass and instead you run into 3 Pokémon all SOSing. It was a cool concept, but I think there should be a way or an item that prevents SOSing for those who are speed running or just want to move through a route. Perhaps an item you can turn on and off like a sound diffuser to prevent calls- on and off in your bag like the EXP share. Another option could be like a repel system with levels of sprays.

8. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,008.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I like it, is a good way to get breeding stock if you want to get into breeding since the mons can easily get up to 4 perfect IVs. I also enjoy the occasional shiny hunt even if I can be SOS'ing for quite awhile before I get a shiny if I get a shiny.

9. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I like it, because it makes sense. Many animals call for help when they are danger so why not Pokémon.
    It is also good for shiny Hunting, but it can get frustrating if you want to catch a poke, but a second mon appears all the time.

10. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    It adds a little more challenge to the Totem battles. I remember Lurantis summoning a Comfey, which kept healing it. For shiny hunting it's essentially just a faster version of chaining, so I like it.

11. Aalacer

Moonwalk
    (Lunatone)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽484.7
    It is a cool mechanic. It helps EV training, serves as shiny hunting method and can be used even during the main story to add a new layer to wild/boss battles. The only problem is that it is likely not going to appear never again until SM remakes are a thing in a distant future, so it won't get expanded nor refined.

12. Saraceaser

Elfea
    (Honedge)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽48.0
    Love it for shiny hunting and such, can be annoying when I'm trying to level up a weaker Pokémon, however.