1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Your very first Gameboy (Color, SP, Advanced, Micro) Game.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by sohrob101, Apr 6, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    So this topic came in mind when I looked back at my first ever Gameboy. I received a Gameboy Advance from my father, and I was also given a specific game with my Gameboy. After my dad saw that there was a brightness issue with the console, and that the SP was recently new, he went out and returned not only the game, but also the the Gameboy for an SP and a new game. After all these years the only thing I remember of the game were these things. The game was an RPG, and the first part of the game involved some kind of Boulder crashing down a waterfall. After so long I finally discovered my first ever Gameboy Game that I ever played, was Golden Sun.

What was your first Gameboy game? Any neat stories to go along with it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    My very first Game Boy game was on the GBC; Pokémon Blue. I vaguely remember going with my parents to buy my GBC at a local game store called Game Crazy. This is when the store was brand new at the time. I got Pokémon Blue not long after it was released, and I was only 6 at the time. I had many memories playing the game, but no memories to share of how/where I got the game. Got if from my parents, obviously, but all other details are too vague in my memory. If my brain would allow me to tell the detailed story of when/how/where I got the game, then I'd gladly share... but 17 years was a long time ago.

3. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    My very first gameboy game (for gameboy advance/sp) was actually a Kim Possible game, but the only details I remember about it are: it was a shared game with my little sister, I had a hard time beating it, and it was actually really fun haha :D
    The game I consider my first "real" Gameboy game was Pokémon Emerald. Why? Because it was the first game that I actually played actively on the gameboy~

4. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I'm not quite sure what game I had first since it wasn't my gameboy, but the first game that I REALLY played was TMNT. It is a pretty fun fighting game and I have a lot of fun with it even though it can be pretty hard. In fact, I pulled it out just a couple weeks ago and I still had a really fun time with it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    I wouldn't consider the Gameboy color mine, as my friend owned the console. The first Gameboy I actually owned was the advance. And I still have it to this day.

6. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I must be older than the average bear around here... My brother had the Gameboy Gameboy. You know, the Brick. We shared that even though it was his, and I got my own Gameboy pocket when that came out. I still remember seeing the commercial on TV. Some kind of factory assembly line where new colorful gameboys were being spraypainted up then slid down a chute and into the back pocket of super-cool dudes in baggy jeans and probably backwards-turned hats, who themselves were being moved along on a conveyor belt to get their new GBPs put directly into their Gameboy Pocket sized pockets. Oh, the 90s.

My first game was Kirby's Dreamland 1. It was, and remains to this day, one of my favorites (Incidentally, guess what my favorite Smash 3DS stage is?). The thing that grabbed me most about that game was the music, particularly King Dedede's arena music (one of my favorite soundtracks of all time).

Also, the expert mode, or whatever they called it. After you beat Dedede, you get a message saying "Try starting the game while holding select" or something, and you get to play the whole game again with tougher platforming and harder enemies. It was difficult back then, but today I could probably do it literally with one hand behind my back.

As for newer gameboys, I think my first Color game was Zelda Oracle of Ages and my first GBA game was Yoshi's Island on GBA. Both are very good and highly recommended to anyone who wants oldschool nintendo games to play.

7. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Pokémon Blue from what I remember. It was the reason I wanted a GBC to begin with since everyone in my class was into Pokémon and I was starting to feel very left out, wuh. Worthwhile purchase and what got me into playing games a little more seriously. ♥ Never got the brick Gameboy but I knew a few people who owned one and it was always awesome to look at haha.

8. CypherServine

CypherServine Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Kirby and the amazing mirror, Pacman and some Pokémon games.

Yeah... I know.
    T_T

9. Kibbeh

Kibbeh ☆ Star Warrior ☆

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.4
    My first game boy game was a game boy color, despite there being a GBA out already I think... not sure. My first game, however, was Pokémon Yellow.

10. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I'm pretty sure my first gameboy color game that I bought myself was a Pokémon silver game. One of the main reasons for choosing the game in the first place was because I really loved the art on front of the cartridge, and fell head over heels over Lugia since I had already been a Pokémon fan since the anime and my brother's Pokémon yellow game.

11. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    My first Gameboy game was Pokémon Yellow. I got it for a Christmas present together with a yellow Gameboy. I also remember owning this cartridge with a number of games crammed into it, including Pokémon Gold, Silver, Red and Blue, as well as other random games. I still have that Gameboy and Pokémon Yellow in a drawer in my room.

12. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    My first game was Pokémon Gold! It was also the first Pokémon game I ever played; a friend let me play it and I begged my parents to let me get the console and the game, promising them that I would study harder. I got a GBA SP and got the game. My obsession grew from there.

13. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I remember I played WarioLand 2 On a GBC

Those were the days

14. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    My first Gameboy game was a GBA game, Harvest Moon More Friends of Mineral Town. I still love it.

15. Aironic

Aironic PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    I got Pokémon red, for GB first game I ever got for it.

16. The.Spatula.Of.Doom

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I had a Pokémon Silver and a pink GBC I recived that from my mother as a gift but soon after my console was freakin stolen and I've never cried over something so much as I did then I swear I got over breakups faster then I got over that gameboy XD But then I saved up some money which was a lot back then when I was like 12 and I bought myself a purple GBA which I still have :3

17. Pokeman

Pokeman GERMAN SCIENCE IS ZHE FINEST IN ZHE WORLD

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    My older brother grew up and was busier in life, and therefore gave me his pink Gameboy Advanced. My first game was FireRed, then LeafGreen then Ruby and Sapphire. This was actually how I got interested in Pokémon, lol. Anyways, sadly, I do not have either ones, which sucks. :(

18. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    I think my first Gameboy game ever had to have been Game & Watch Gallery 2. I'd play it for hours on end in the mornings, and would take it with me over to my grandma's house on the weekends to stay up late beating my scores on the individual games in the collection (with Modern Vermin and Helmet being my favorites). The first GBA game I ever remember going to the store and buying, though, was Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. That game took up a lot of my time when I had nothing else to do, and I've bought every M&L game after that ever since; so many fond memories. ^^;

19. Pokeman

Pokeman GERMAN SCIENCE IS ZHE FINEST IN ZHE WORLD

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    When I was about 5, my brother had 2 GBAs; He gave me a pink one (as a child I could care less what the color was and to this day it still remains that way due to nostalgia) My first game was Super Mario World. For a long time, that was the only video game I ever had, so I took it with me almost everywhere I went. I love this game to a great extent, and it also led me to love later Super Mario games, thus commencing the video game of my childhood.

20. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    I think my first Gameboy games are for GBA. It's the bundled package of Harvest Moon: More Friends in Mineral Town, Pokémon Emerald, Power Rangers Dino Thunder and several other games, and I played them on my pink GBA SP. I still have both of them, and my mom played it a lot nowadays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.