1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Your Wife/Husband?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Junkrat, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Even though video game characters are nothing more than pixels and codes, we can't help but get attached to them and form an emotional bond with them. Sometimes we end up falling in love with them (not literally, but you know what I mean). So I have to ask- who's your waifu for laifu and/or your husbando? Mine are:

Wives
    Moira (Overwatch)
    Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
    Taokaka (BlazBlue)
    Cortana (Halo)
    Faith (Mirror's Edge)
    Judith (Tales of Vesperia)
    Miriel (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

Husbands
    Luke (The Walking Dead)
    Lon'qu (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
    Ryoma (Fire Emblem: Fates)
    Booker DeWitt (Bioshock Infinite)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Laserdragon14 likes this.
  2. Pikachushua

Mew
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽98.5
    I see what u mean
    Probably Selena from fates

3. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    A few years ago, I had a work friend who was a severe weeb, but was also very cool (those terms are not mutually exclusive). It was he who initially introduced me to the phrase waifu when gushing over one of his and I decided I wanted one too. It was probably at least two years since then that a few months ago I finally determined my numba one waifu: Aqua from Kingdom Hearts BBS. Smart, talented, good-looking, has such a good heart, and she's a gosh darn gentleman. I don't really like the Kingdom Hearts series much, but she's totally my waifu regardless.

The full list of my waifus I can think of:
    Aqua [Kingdom Hearts BBS]
    Sarah Lyons [Fallout 3]
    2B [Nier: Automata] (when she allows herself to produce emotions)
    Mercedes [Dragon's Dogma]
    Alex Drennan [The Talos Principle] (it's really easy to form an emotional bond with her if you listen to most/all of her audio logs)
    Kinzie Kensington [Saint's Row 3+4] (no comment)
    Zia [Bastion] (between her singing and her tragic story, it's hard to not fall for her)

I suppose I might also have some husbandos... Chrom from Fire Emblem Awakening comes to mind (but that might just be admiration of character instead of husbando-ness), as well as Bolin from Legend of Korra. I know this is in the Videogames subforum, but I just can't not mention him. If there is anyone in the world who can change what direction my compass points... it's Bolin. And that's all I have to say about that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    If I had one?

Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
    Cecilia (Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade)
    Sheena Fujibayashi (Tales of Symphonia)
    Natsume (Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal/HeartGold/SoulSilver)
    Makoto Nanaya (BlazBlue: Continuum Shift)
    Malon/Cremia (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask)
    Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII/Kingdom Hearts)
    Quistis Trepe (Final Fantasy VIII)

... Thinking about it, I wonder what they all have in common? o.O

#4 Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  5. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Vishnal and Leon from Rune Factory 4 <3 my babies! i also really loved Neal from the Harvest Moon series....ahhh do miss
    can't forget lovely Chrom from FE Awakening either

6. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    My first "waifu" (I hate that term) was Marin from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. Currently my main two are Malon from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Princess Peach from the Mario franchise. I'd list all of them, but that would take all day.

7. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I generally only do this with any game with in-game relationships. Actually, the only ones off the top of my head are Mass Effect and Stardew Valley (wow that genre difference though).

So for Mass Effect, Liara in ME1 and Thane in 2 and 3. That's how I played it, and I'd probably play it that way again if I ever decided to replay the series. I think Thane is probably the only video game character that I've ever legitimately felt like I had a crush on.

For Stardew Valley, Leah and Elliot are my favorites. Hmm, I wonder why. It's like they're a writer and artist, two things that I'm personally really interested in.

Oh, actually I used to really like Lance from Pokémon too. He was so cool in Gold/Silver and 2nd gen is one of my favorites.

8. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    ok here we go, I don't usually like talking about things like this, but I'll give it a shot anyway
    1. N from Pokémon black and white
    2. Chrom form Fire Emblem Awakening
    3. Ryoma from Fire Emblem Fates
    4. Zero from Megaman
    5. Lucina from Fire Emblem Awakening
    6. Heero from Gundam Wing
    And the list varies and goes on for me...

9. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    N and Lillie from Pokémon

10. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I never really had a waifu per se, but I have often shipped characters with the unnamed protagonist of the game. If that counts, I will list the ones of those.

Lillie, Pokémon Sun/Moon (not nearly as much in USUM because story was nerfed to boost gameplay).
    Sayori, Doki Doki Literature Club

Wow, I have less games than I thought where that happens. Yikes. Oh well. I guess I just don't like many games with heavy romance. Ironic considering my interests in TV shows have pairings with the main characters that I hardcore ship.

BraviaryScout likes this.