1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

You're my best friend

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Achromatic, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Do you have a best friend? What are they like?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    This probably isn't what anyone wants to or maybe anticipates to hear from a jolly bloke me, but I don't think I have an ultra best friend: the kind of person who would open their guest room to me without hesitation while my own house is still standing, or who I can text at 2: 30 AM to say "dude, my cat just threw up twice and now I'm worried and can't get back to sleep", or who I would choose to be my best man if I suddenly got married. I become bros with people easily, but my broships wither of neglect very quickly as well because I'm bad at keeping them sunned and watered.

I'm not belittling my relationships with anyone - least of all, my bros here - but I don't think I've found the X to my Zero, the Booster Gold to my Blue Beetle, the Mako to my Bolin, the Bakugo to my Kirishima. I have my Axels, my Impulses, my Korras, my Kaminaris; but I just need to find or grow into my perfectbro.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  3. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I met my best friend back in 2014 at a school camp for distance education students. Despite her being 2 years older than me, we got along really well and had a fun time together. We kept in contact after the camp, and our friendship progressed from there I guess.

To talk about what she's like, she's like me but with a passion for friendly debating lol. We have a lot in common, which is probably why we get along so well. Despite the fact that I can count the number of times I've seen her irl on my hands, she's one of the few people I feel like I can just talk freely around.

4. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    @ChocoChicken is my best friend. She was the one who introduced me to this website.

We’ve known each other for around 9-10 years. The way we became friends was really weird. I don’t exactly remember how but it was something along the lines of
    “Hi, do you want to be friends?”
    “Yes.”
    And that was literally it.
    We quickly found a common interest: Birds, and started playing together more and more often. We eventually had to go to different schools, which was quite hard for the two of us.

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    THIS
    I would consider FChicken my closest friend of all time. She's actualyl the one who sparked my interest in birds (I found them nice but didn't think too much about it) and she's also helped me through a lot of tough situations though life. Although we still have disagreements (over stuff like whether or not to spam my threads with Logan Paul), I can say that I would trust her with my life.

Chicken likes this.
  6. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I haven't even had a friend in years, never mind a best friend. I don't really think of people that way...I mean, sure, there are always people you will get along with and interact with more than others, but that doesn't - or didn't, anyway - make them any more special to me than the other people I was close to.

7. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    online, i consider you (ben) a best friend and feel extremely comfortable being open to you about anything

offline, probably a friend from high school whom i've kept in contact with since....2005/2006 or so. then there are my two co-workers who are some of the friendliest and most understanding/supportive girls i have ever met. am very lucky =)

8. Roman

Roman Black Belt

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽43.3
    I think I have best friends, but then I get ignored in our group chat and things like that and now I'm unsure. I still keep things from them because I thought I had friends before and I told those secrets, but then they used those secrets against me or just outright told them.
    I've done everything for them but it feels like I don't get a lot in return, even the little things like only wanting to see this one exhibit at the zoo and they all saying that it's dumb.

9. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    My best friend is fun to talk to but quiet every other moment xaxaxa

10. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    i dont get to see my best friend often because we live three hours apart and the only time i get to see her is during breaks. we have a lot of the same interests and pretty similar personalities.

11. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    This is a hard question for me to answer. For the longest time, I thought the answer to this question was obvious. My best friend was the girl I've known literally since she was born. Our moms are very close - they were college roommates, and best friends themselves. We grew up together. She's a year older than my brother, so I called him by her name when my parents came home from the hospital with him. She lives about two hours away, so I don't get to see her that often, but we've only missed each others' birthdays once (I was in Ireland), and we get together as often as we can. She's a lovely human being and we have a lot of common interests.
    But a few years ago I sort of offhandedly called her my best friend? And she was genuinely surprised. It's made me worry that she doesn't consider me a best friend in the way I do. More and more I've felt like a third wheel when visiting her, especially at birthday parties when I don't know any of her friends (though I'm sure she feels the same way about my friends). I worry that I'm too clingy.

Aside from her, I have a lot of friends, and I have some good friends. But I always feel like a third wheel - or, if not a third wheel, then nothing more than A Friend they won't recognize in five years. I love my friends, but, as Zero put so well, none of them are my best friend. They're just friends.

In fact, in all aspects, my best friends have to be the ones I've met online. The person I can Snapchat in the middle of a DnD game to show her that I colored in my fingers with dry erase markers; who I can text in a panic because I think my dog got out of the backyard and I don't know where she is (she was fine); and the person I can rant to about insecurity and get advice and comfort in return. And I'd do the same for her. Some of the most supportive, caring, and sensitive people I know I've met online. And I wouldn't give them up for anything.

12. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I move around a lot so it’s hard for me to maintain friendships for geographic reasons. Namely, I’ve never had a childhood best friend and I’ve always been very envious of those who do.

Nevertheless I’ve got a circle of people around the world who I can count on and who I would tell anything. Two of them live an ocean away, and two of them live on the opposite coast. I haven’t found someone to be that close with yet here but I feel very close with my neighbor because we talk pretty openly and it feels like talking to a friend from home!