1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Yuki League (YL), Sign Up Now :O

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Apawn, Oct 1, 2016.

?

Do you like the idea of the Yuki League being part Showdown League?

1. I Do

50.0%
  2. I Don't

25.0%
  3. Both :P

25.0%
  1. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    [SIZE=14.6667px]I assure you this is an actual league it just starts with a bit of Fanfiction, skip ahead if you must.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]A long time ago on the far off Yuki Region, a very small Island where there was one of the greatest leagues ever know in the world of Pokémon. This league had some much credibility that many called it the "True Ultimate Test" for a Pokémon Trainer to take. However, over time many grew bitter about how hard the league was or the fact it was pretty much impossible to be or rise rank. Thus the league because obscurely unknown, and was later disbanded by the Rusty One at the time, Apawn. Apawn had loved the league, so much that he even stayed for a few days to defy the disbanding of it. I need of something to do with his life, he went on a journey to Kalos and Hoenn, both had which been growing popular at the time. Using the money he had raised on these journeys, he attempted to revive the league once more...... [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]A League Unlike Many....:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Unlike most leagues that are Pokémon Showdown based, the Yuki League is WAS [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]COMPLETELY 3DS BASED [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px](All Battles are done via 3DS). This type of format is unfavored by some due to the fact that people who don't own the games can't play and it's easier to use Showdown. However a 3DS league does have its benefits; it shows the true fruits of a trainers labor by them using Pokémon they could truly own (Really no Softboiled Clefables) on a fair, non-glitching server that can never be down (Under maintenance {As long as league is going} for example) and also never has to leave the forum.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]But not that new word was. It is really hard to make these leagues in all actuality not many people, even the high latterers in Showdown, have competitive teams (- the VGC, but they got some of their own problems *cough*[/SIZE][SIZE=10.6667px]Hacked Pokémon[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]*cough*) . So to open it up to more of the Valor Community it is now a part Showdown League as well. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]However, 3DS battles are still [/SIZE]encouraged and have 3x the normal reward!

[SIZE=14.6667px]But even being a part-3DS league still makes it as it said, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]A League Unlike Many![/SIZE]
    How The Yuki League Works:
    [SIZE=14.6667px]The Yuki League is an interesting league indeed, as it gives reasons for challengers as well as Type Jobs (Gym Leaders) to be part of it. I think it be easier to start with the things to challenge:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Type Jobs:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]The "Gym Leaders" of the league and the first challenge of the league for challengers. They (Like Gym Leaders) specialize in one type. If one is able to conquer one of the gyms with a Mono-typed team then they become the Gym Leader of that type, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Unless [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]the "Gyms" type is taken by another user, you must beat the leader of the same type you are wanting to be.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Mechanical 3:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]The "Elite 4" of the league; they specialize in a theme (Such as but not limited to Halloween, Pokémon With Multiple Final Evolution, Eeveelutions, Evolve By Trading, Evolve by Stones, Gen 1, UU, Not Fully Evolved, ect. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]BUT NOT [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]things like Shinies, OU {Or anything that allows any Pokémon to be on one's team}). You can become one by gaining enough [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]credibility[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] (To be explained later). Challengers battle them after getting [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]AT LEAST [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]8 Gears (Gym Badges) and must battle all three and win them all without losing to any of them to be able to battle the "Champion"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Rusty 1:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]The "Champion" of the league who can use any Pokémon on His/Her team. You Must beat the current Rusty One to gain the role.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Credibility:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]After becoming a Type Job, battling other "Gym Leaders" and Challengers gains you one point of Credibility for every battle won. The three users with the most credibility become the Mechanical 3. A user with at least 8 points of Credibility may use all of their points of Credibility to drop his/her role as Type Job to battle the Mechanical 3 and Champion, but if one were to lose they'd not be able to rechallenge until they gained the credibility again or if they get at least 8 gears like normal challengers[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Rules:[/SIZE]

1. [SIZE=14.6667px]Upon Joining, EVERYONE[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] must choose a Signature Pokémon, that Pokémon [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]CAN'T[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] be one anyone elts choses and [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]MUST [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]be on your team (The Pokémon Species) at [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]ALL TIMES, NO EXCEPTIONS [/SIZE]

2. [SIZE=14.6667px]Official Positions (Such as Type Job) Make Certain Rules Of Their Said Gym, those being on the format (Single, Double, ect.) and if it's Kalos or Hoenn Rules (Explained below).[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE]All Showdown Teams Follow Hoenn Rules, [SIZE=14.6667px]No Exceptions![/SIZE]

3. [SIZE=14.6667px]A Challenger may only have a total of 8 Pokémon (A team of 6 and two substitutes {OTAS Mega Substitute highly recommended}). Official Positions may only have 6 (Unless Hoenn Rules are broken). All of these must be listed in application and for a team to count Monotype all of the Pokémon must be the same type, EVEN[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] substitutes[/SIZE]

4. Showdown Team may be different than the 3DS Teams in any way but the Signature Pokémon (Still has to be Monotype for Type Jobs and people wishing to become one)

5. [SIZE=14.6667px]If a challenger wishes to change his/her team, they must give up all Gears they have if they have any, otherwise they can PM me to make the change. Official Positions Must give said Positions up If they wish to change the team they made for that Position.[/SIZE]

6. [SIZE=14.6667px]No Duplicate Items[/SIZE]

7. [SIZE=14.6667px]Put "I'm Really Feeling It" Somewhere in your post to show you have read these rules[/SIZE]

8. [SIZE=14.6667px]Blaziken with Blaze (No Mega) and Greninja with Torrent (But No Tutor moves on it!) can be used[/SIZE]

9. [SIZE=14.6667px]Battle rules otherwise follow OU[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Kalos/Hoenn Rules:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]In Kalos Rules, ORAS Megas and Hoopa-U are banned, but Aegislash and Protean Greninja (Without Move Tutor Moves). Hoenn rules allow ORAS Megas and Hoopa-U (Under the case one cannot have those in play because they only have XY, then the Position can replace those Pokémon with anyone they wish {Doesn't even have to follow type or theme}) but bans Aegislash and Protean Greninja. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]HOOPA AND AEGISLASH CANNOT BE SIGNATURE Pokémon[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Sign Up Example:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Username: Apawn[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]FC: [/SIZE]0061-0809-4165
    [SIZE=14.6667px]IGN: Hayden (Y)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Showdown Username: QuilChess[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Signature Pokémon: Mismagius [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Pokémon Team: Mismagius, Gorgeist, Doublade, Aegislash, Chandelure, Jellicent[/SIZE]
    Showdown Team: Mismagius, Shuppet, Duskull, Honedge, Gengar, Haunter
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Role**: Ghost Job[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Characters Saying*: "I am Truly a Pawn, the will of those passed can become mine!!!"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Battle Music*: Quest Battle - Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Image Of Trainer*: N/A For Now[/SIZE]
    Region Rules***: Kalos
    Type Job Battle Format***: Single Battle

[SIZE=14.6667px]*:Optional[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]** or ***:[/SIZE]No Longer Available/Needed

Blank:
    Username:
    IGN:
    Showdown Username:
    Signature Pokémon:
    Pokémon Team:
    Showdown Team:
    Characters Saying*:
    Battle Music*:
    Image Of Trainer*:

[SIZE=14.6667px]The League will start on Oct 17; You can still apply as a normal challenger even as the league runs. This first run of the league will see if both its popular to continue in Jan/Feb 2017 in SM as well as [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]MECHANICAL 3 AND RUSTY ONE WILL NOT BE DONE IN THIS RUN[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px], at least in the beginning of this run (If popular and stable I will consider doing so).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]-New Type Job Applications are [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]NO LONGER[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] being accepted-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Sign Ups:[/SIZE]
    Username: Apawn
    FC: 0061-0809-4165
    IGN: Hayden (Y)
    Showdown Username: QuilChess
    Signature Pokémon: Mismagius
    Pokémon Team: Mismagius, Gorgeist, Hoopa, Aegislash, Chandelure, Banette
    Showdown Team: Mismagius, Gorgeist, Doublade, Gengar, Hoopa, Dusknoir
    Role**: Ghost Job
    Characters Saying*: "I am Truly a Pawn, the will of those passed can become mine!!!"
    Battle Music*: Quest Battle - Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE
    Image Of Trainer*: [​IMG]
    Region Rules***: Kalos
    Type Job Battle Format***: Single Battle

Username: DrGetus
    FC: 1135-1470-0750
    IGN: Marc (OR, assuming this is where you put your game version)
    Signature Pokémon: Kingdra
    Pokémon Team (Both): Kingdra, Mantine, Azumarill, Lapras, Lanturn, Feraligatr
    Role**: Water Job
    Characters Saying*: "Watch as the mighty current that is my team, show you their strength"
    Battle Music*: SM - Arcade (Epic Battle Music)
    Image Of Trainer*: N/A For Now
    Region Rules***: Hoenn
    Type Job Battle Format***:

Username: AzurAurora
    FC: 2852-7862-5167
    IGN: Aurora (AS)
    Signature Pokémon: Ninetales
    Pokémon Team (Both): Ninetales, Houndoom, Talonflame, Chandelure, Volcarona, Blaziken
    Role**: Fire Job
    Characters Saying*: "I am the Azure Dawn. Show me the flames of your will."
    Battle Music*: Alight (Storm) - Fire Emblem Fates OST
    Region Rules***: Hoenn
    Type Job Battle Format***:

Username: Weavile Sly
    [SIZE=14.6667px]FC: 4957-5951-9964[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]IGN: Comet[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Signature Pokémon: Beheeyem[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Pokémon Team (Both): [/SIZE]Beheeyem, Malamar, Slowbro, Sigilyph, Gardevoir, Exeggutor
    Role**: Psychic Job
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Characters Saying*: "Battling requires a clear mind as well as a strong heart!"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Battle Music*: Team Plasma Grunt Battle Theme - Pokémon Black and White[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Image Of Trainer*: N/A for now[/SIZE]
    Region Rules***: Hoenn (I Assume)
    Type Job Battle Format***: Rotation Battles

Username: Toxic
    Showdown Username: Toxicc
    Signature Pokémon: Hariyama
    Showdown Team (Both): Primeape, Toxicroak, Poliwrath, Emboar, Hariyama, Hitmontop
    Role**: Fighting Job
    Characters Saying*: "Is it power that you seek?"
    Battle Music*: Battle! Team Galactic - Diamond/Pearl
    Image Of Trainer*: N/A
    Region Rules: Kalos
    Battle Format: Single Battle

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Username: DrGetus
    FC: 1135-1470-0750
    IGN: Marc (OR, assuming this is where you put your game version)
    Showdown: DrGetus
    Signature Pokémon: Kingdra
    Showdown and Game Pokémon Team: Kingdra, M-Gyarados, Azumarill, Lapras, Lanturn, Ludicolo
    Role**: Water Job (Single battle)
    Characters Saying*: "Watch as the mighty current that is my team, show you their strength"
    Battle Music*: SM - Arcade (Epic Battle Music)

Let me know if there's any problems with this, hopefully not as I'm really feeling it will be a good experience and league :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Username: AzurAurora
    FC: 2852-7862-5167
    IGN: Aurora (AS)
    Signature Pokémon: Ninetales
    Pokémon Team: Ninetales, Houndoom, Talonflame, Chandelure, Volcarona, Blaziken
    Role**: Fire Job
    Characters Saying*: "I am the Azure Dawn. Show me the flames of your will."
    Battle Music*: Alight (Storm) - Fire Emblem Fates OST

I'm Really Feeling It

4. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Username: Weavile Sly[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]FC: 4957-5951-9964[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]IGN: Comet (OR)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Signature Pokémon: Beheeyem[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Pokémon Team:[/SIZE]

Beheeyem Malamar Slowbro Sigilyph Gardevoir Exeggutor
    [3D='beheeyem'][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE][3D='malamar'][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE][3D='slowbro'] [3D='sigilyph'] [3D='gardevoir'][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE][3D='exeggutor']

Role**: Psychic Job
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Characters Saying*: "Battling requires a clear mind as well as a strong heart!"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Battle Music*: Team Plasma Grunt Battle Theme - Pokémon Black and White[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Image Of Trainer*: N/A for now[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Battle Format: Rotation Battles[/SIZE]

5. Apawn

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    @[member="DrGetus"] Kingdra nice Rain Team choice, but on your Team you put down Seadra, I assume you meant Kingdra and made the edit when I added it to the Sign Ups

@[member="AzurAurora"] Nintails, so we have a Sun Team now as well.... :P

@[member="Weavile Sly"] That's what I'm talking about, A Mono team with a strange Pokémon like mine as its Signiture

I updated my Pokémon Team as well as add for People to put down the Region Rules as Well, I assumed all of you wanted Hoenn rules. To answer Weavile Sly's question Items, Move and EV's are only Set on the Pokémon if You Are the Rusty One, you can have many sets of the same Pokémon, you just have to use the Pokémon you've set as a Type Job till you are defeated and can take the place of that said Type Job with a different team or give up you badges if you are a Challenger (To change the Pokémon you can make different sets with). So yes, you can hold multiple Mega Stones in one battle, I wouldn't recommend it thou.

And I need you guys to Put down what battle format You want your Type Job to be as well, Multi-Battle and FFA are not options this time around.

6. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    @[member="Apawn"] I edited my post to have the game and battle format

Apawn likes this.
  7. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    I was wondering this before, but never asked about it bevause I didn't think I would hit this dilema. What do you mean by "unless Hoenn rules are broken"?

8. Apawn

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    [SIZE=14.6667px]I have now added a poll to the thread, I am now adding Showdown Mode to the Yuki League. In other words Showdown is part of the Yuki League now! This is an attempt to get more people to join, because if this is how many people are going to join then this league is doomed![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]However, there is a catch, the 3DS part of the league would be considered a burden to use if it worked the same as the showdown part did, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]so "Points" gained from 3DS battles are worth 3x than normal[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] (3 Gears or Credibility in other words).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]All Showdown Battles follow Hoenn Rules! (No Exceptions) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]All applicants must add their [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Showdown Team and Showdown Username[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] to their [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Previous[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] or [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]New [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]sign up post like so:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Showdown Username: MilktankingTTar[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Showdown Team (Example): Magikarp, Dunsparce, Feebas, Jigglypuff, Cleffa, Nosepass[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Challengers and Type Jobs Showdown teams can be completely different Pokémon then their 3DS team (Doesn't have to, but is recommended), but both must have your signature Pokémon and at least one shared type (Type Jobs only)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Spots for Type Jobs are now closed, but remember if you beat any "Gym" with a Monotyped Team (Or the Old one if you want to take over, like Fire Mono Challenger V.S Fire Type Job). Challengers are still (and always will be) accepted.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Have a nice day,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]@Apawn[/SIZE]

9. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    Well crap. I'm currently stuck to an iPad for the time being, so I probably won't be able to do any Showdown matches...

10. Apawn

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Well that's fine, there still are the 3DS Matches :)

11. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    Username: Toxic
    Showdown Username: Toxicc
    Signature Pokémon: Hariyama
    Showdown Team: Primeape, Toxicroak, Poliwrath, Emboar, Hariyama, Hitmontop
    Role**: Fighting Job
    Characters Saying*: "Is it power that you seek?"
    Battle Music*: Battle! Team Galactic - Diamond/Pearl
    Image Of Trainer*: N/A
    Region Rules: Kalos

12. Apawn

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    @[member="Toxic"] while the post for Type Job was A BIT late (Applications were closed), I'll let it go and you can have the Type Job, there is some new stuff as well you need to add to your application (If you can use Showdown, otherwise Let me know).

[SIZE=14.6667px]Thanks to scheduled maintenance on Lake Valor, I wasn't able to post yesterday that the league, thanks to some changes and the Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo, won't be starting till the 22, team changes can now also be done till that date as well. BUT HAVE THEM DONE![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]@Apawn[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Edit (10/22/16):[/SIZE]
    The Battle Replay Thread of the Yuki League has been posted here (AKA you can do your battles starting today):
    http://lakevalor.net/topic/15352-yuki-league-battle-replay-thread/
    [SIZE=14.6667px]Starting Now all teams (3DS and Showdown) MUST be finalized, I'll be lenient and say by 11:59 GMT-7 time. IF one of the two teams are missing, then the other one is assumed and SET to be the same as the other one.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]I recommend to sent battle request via PM as that is the easiest way [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]-I also added my chill 8-Bit Sprite for my trainer, I was (and still am) making a full art version, But I've not really been up for it-[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14.6667px]May The Evens Be Ever In Your Favor, @Apawn[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Edit (11/17/16):[/SIZE]
    Thank You for Your Participation, But the Yuki League is now closed and likely never to open again so I can help restart the Lake Valor League, But I'm always up for a battle if yah ever feel like it! I'm asking the room mod to lock this thread and the battle replay thread as well.