1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Zed's assorted spriting portfolio.

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by ZedKalEios, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZedKalEios

TWRP
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽207.9
    So, hi there. I figure this is the place to show what I do with my spare time (spriting, sir/madam).

I've got a boat-load of sprites built up, but linking back to them all might be a bit excessive, so I'm just going to put up a few of my better pieces for the moment and gradually fill in the blanks down the road. Starting off with my primary focus, the Izaga Region.

Map and Izaga'Dex entries below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is actually two maps, Eastern/Western Izaga up top and Southern Izaga(or Ashido, the Yomi League) on the bottom. I've recently started working on Ashido again and it is finally completed!

There is a reason for all the funky dips and splits in the geography; namely the Storm Kami Hayasusa carved the (once whole) land apart because plot-demanded it(to isolate his half-brother, the Snake pseudo-Kami Organagi, away from their sisters the Sun and Moon goddesses). And boy did it screw things up for everyone.

Scycha(#11) Koalite(#13) Torphite(#14) Jimeneon(#21)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Paladeon(#23) Lucabys(#31) Seuvern(#43) Event(#49)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Kit'ten(#55) Hayasusa(#63) Mewthree, Harrow Forme(s.ID #72)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

But wait, there's more! Order now and receive this set of Trainers for free! Just cover additional S&H.
    Professors
    Davian Aspen and his counterpart Rachel Oleander.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Protagonists
    Terumi Neeburu and Tsurugi Kasshoku.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Gym Leaders
    Eighth Gym Leader, Sabata Santos, the Shadow Trainer + Yami Badge.
    [​IMG]

Elite Four
    Third Herald, Michael Shirrio
    [​IMG]

And last but not least,
    Antagonist Extraordinaire, Paladin Izaya Tenryou VS sprite.
    [​IMG]

With those out of the way I'd like to present my pride and joy, ladies and gents. I call it Creating a region from scratch.
    [​IMG]

So, thank you for your time.

2. Ashe

Ashe Silly

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.3
    These are really great! The region from scratch is amazing O_O Nice work!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ZedKalEios

TWRP
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽207.9
    Thank you kindly. I've added Koalite(Torkoal pre-evolution), Lucabys(Lucario evo), Kit'ten, and one of the Elite Four to the opening post.

4. ZedKalEios

TWRP
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽207.9
    Time for something a little different - contest entries I've put in over the past year or so.

Porygon-Q
    [​IMG]
    This was for a contest at DA. We had up to six sprites to fuse together, I chose just Steelix and Porygon2. I think it looks rather nifty.

Rattarow
    [​IMG]
    The very first contest entry I entered. We could only use three sprites, Weavile, Skuntank, and Houndour making up my selection.

Adament
    [​IMG]
    This one was kind of a dud as far as the contest goes. No one else entered and the main judge kind of vanished after the deadline. Restrictions were just to make a 'deceptive in appearance' fakemon, akin to Sudowoodo. I was rather tempted to make this guy Sudo's evo but ultimately decided against it.

Ryuveon
    [​IMG]
    Filling out the missing Eeveelutions. Had to be a pure-type and had to be with 5th gen sprites. Obviously a Dragon type.

Kyurem Origin Forme.
    [​IMG]
    I made this fella for a spriting contest last August, whose theme was to create the original Dragon of Unova myth before it split into thirds. I chose to make it Ground/Dragon to throw things off a little.

Kyurem is ready to rock things R/B/Y style, baby.
    [​IMG]
    This is probably my favorite contest sprite. IIRC we had to devamp one of our previous entries to first gen.

5. ZedKalEios

TWRP
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽207.9
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Yougre(ID #69) & Youdon(ID #70), pre-evolutions to Kyogre and Groundon respectively. Currently missing the third member of the triage, You+(something something Rayquaza, ID #70 and the end of the common-knowledge Izaga Region 'dex). Name stems from the Japanese for child.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Gojirakarp(ID #27), and Relicaiou(ID #30).

And bringing up the rear, a real monster...

[​IMG]
    Cubone's father, the Culkor(ID #17)(Very graphic description in the 'dex commentary. Open at your own risk. Seriously, this guy is evil).

6. ZedKalEios

TWRP
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽207.9
    Long time no post!

Back with some more stuff, some of it old, some of it just finished this week/month.

Wyveon(ID #26)
    [​IMG]
    The predecessor to Ryuveon up there a bit.

Kotsuba(ID #41)
    [​IMG]
    The Bone Horse monster.

Izami, Withered Forme(ID #67)
    [​IMG]
    Part of the Isle Creation Duo. Still haven't worked on her Creator Forme.

Izagi, Creator Forme(ID #68)
    [​IMG]
    And the other half of the Isle Creation Duo. I've got to refine his Withered Forme some more before I post it here.

I finally finished up the Ashido Region map about an hour ago. That has been updated in the main post.

7. ZedKalEios

TWRP
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽207.9
    Back with my latest accomplishment.

Creating another region from scratch.
    [​IMG]

8. ZedKalEios

TWRP
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽207.9
    Expanding on the post-game plot stuff, this is one of a handful of opposing Champions roaming the Izaga Region.
    Shujaku Ryoga, the Phoenix Champion.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.