1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Nova's Gallery of Things

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by ~Nova~, May 31, 2016.

1. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    'Sup? Here is my portfolio thingy mabob! I'm still kinda of a beginner, so don't expect much.
    I draw mostly Pokémon and chibis. I mainly use ibisPaintX and the good old fashioned pencil and paper, although I am planning on getting a graphic tablet for Christmas, so there's that to look forward to.
    Anyway, on with the arts!
    (WARNING: LARGE IMAGES AHEAD)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is Jeff. He is a magical floating orb. He was originally in a PMD fanfic, and stuck around for some reason.
    [​IMG]
    Yes, I can hear all of you screaming: WOW NOVA YOU'RE SO GOOD AT THINKING OF CREATIVE NAMES WOW. I thought of her name randomly, and now that she's become my favorite and I used her so much, a name change would be weird. She's awesome. This drawing was made by tracing using a pose reference, mainly because I wanted a non-chibi drawing of her for more details.

[​IMG]
    Yes, I know the one arm is weird. This was made kinda of quickly. Anyway, it's pretty much me with solid neon blue eyes, Raichu ears, no glasses (because they are so hard to draw) and as a chibi.
    Anyway, thank you for looking at all my terrible art, and I hope you somehow enjoyed it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Thats pretty. I myself isn't good at computer painting all i do is doodling and sketching. So for me its really nice. You did a good job. Waiting for litten and popplio. ^_^

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    You did a good job, I have tried several times, though they are usually during class, when I can't look up a reference photo, but still. Anyway your drawing is super adorable.

4. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    It's an excellent place to start! Imagine how much you can grow from here! I agree, a drawing tablet would help, though. Maybe worth saving up for.

5. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    @[member="x-LadyNova-x"] That Totodile looks really good. Only one thing. His left arm, the one in front, looks a bit broken, because it's bent backwards so far. Otherwise, it looks really great!

6. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    @IridescentIsabelle Thanks! In the reference picture I was using, the arm was positioned really weird, so I failed at that XD

7. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    @[member="x-LadyNova-x"] So next time, when you make another Totodile, you can compare the two and bask in the awesomeness of your improvement. Wasn't that one of the deep quotes that floats around the internet? "No one learns anything from doing it right. By making mistakes, one learns." Or something like that.

8. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Totodile is great. As iredescent said its arm looks broken but that's okay.

9. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    Updated with people! :3

10. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    Omg, I can't wait to see your art evolve!! I was influenced a lot by Ken Sugimori's works too!! What's your favorite medium?

11. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    I drew a mermaid because reasons.

[​IMG]