1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

✦ ✧ A Pixilated Q&A ✧ ✦

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Pixil, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    I honestly don't expect too many questions, but I'll make this in case anyone has any questions for me ^_^

I will answer essentially anything. I'm an open book. ^_^ So ask away, don't be shy~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    What got you interested in Pokémon?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cay

Cay Ultralight Beam

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.0
    What's your favorite hobby?

4. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Well, the first bit of Pokémon I was exposed to was receiving a Jigglypuff Pokémon card on my fifth (or sixth, I can't remember) birthday, and I thought it was the cutest thing, but didn't really know anything else about the series. Then my older sister gave me her old Gameboy Pocket and copy of Pokémon Blue around that time, because she upgraded to Yellow version and a Gameboy Color. I didn't really play it though - I was super interested in her Yellow version and Gameboy Color, wondering what made it better, and I ended up sneaking it while she was taking a nap (again, I was like 5 or 6) and started a new game. I fell in love with all of it, and ended up saving, because silly little me didn't want to lose my progress (what was I thinking)... Of course, when my sister woke up she was furious, because according to her she was very far along o.o"

But after that I played through Blue, eventually got Yellow, and begged my parents for a new game/handheld every generation, and collected cards, and talked to my friends about it non-stop... so I guess it was actually my older sister who really got me into it, haha.

My favorite? Well, at this point in time, probably making graphics. It's very soothing for me, and fun to constantly learn new techniques.

I would also love to get back into digital art, but for some reason I never have the motivation for it anymore. :c I see LV has a lot of art-related events going on, so maybe I'll try to participate, to get my drawing juices flowing again c:

5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    How much money have you had at one time?

6. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Do you mean... what is the most amount? o.o Probably just over a thousand, from working + college financial aid, which I decided to spend on my laptop since I seriously needed one. I didn't have anything else to spend the money on anyway. The laptop is still going strong, and I love it to bits haha. No regrets :)

7. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    What inspired you to come back to LV?

If you could change anything about the internet, what would you change and why?

8. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    I came back online to contact the administrators about something, and logging back into my account/peeking around reminded me of how nice this place is. In addition, I haven't been feeling comfortable anymore at my home forum, so I've been sort of wanting a new home. Hanging around here is like a breath of fresh air for me heheh.

It's really hard to say, as the possibilities with the internet are literally endless, and that's what makes it what it is. My mind immediately went to a "Troll Filter", but I have a feeling anything put out to silence anyone on the internet is probably a terrible idea in practice. If it was completely perfect, and somehow ONLY detected and removed legitimate trolls (people who post negative things just to get a reaction) and cyberbullies as well, I think I'd be in favor of something like that. (Though again, of course it would be essentially impossible to pull off perfectly, and any realistic rendition of it would not work out at all, I'm sure.)

I just hate all the unnecessary negativity on the internet. Obviously, freedom of speech and being able to share your opinion is part of what makes the internet so great, it's just those pointless/unnecessarily hateful comments like "this is terrible you should kill yourself" and "why don't you go die in a hole lol" that I'd love to eliminate if it were possible.

9. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    What inspired your shhmew username?

10. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Well,

At the end of high school, my friends and I spotted a license plate that said "SHHMOO". For some reason, we found it to be extremely funny, and it became kind of an inside joke. I started trying to use the username "Shhmoo" online, but it seemed to usually be taken. So I altered it slightly to "Shhmew", since I really like cats (and the legendary Pokémon Mew). And I guess it kinda stuck, at least a lot more than I thought it would.

11. Totalheartsboy

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.3
    Hello there ^_^

What's your favorite Pokémon?

Why your username is named Pixil?

12. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Hello! ^_^

It's very difficult to just choose one! But if I had to, I'd say Ninetales.

I actually just explained this today, in this thread. Click if you're interested ^_^

13. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Ever been an actual part of a real world event that is notable to history?

14. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    uhhh I don't think so. :(

15. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    How did you meet your boyfriend?

16. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    We went to high school together, though he was a Sophomore and I was a Senior when we got to know each other. (For the record, he was a bit old for his grade, and I was a bit young for my grade, so we're pretty much the same age haha)

We probably would have never talked, but I met one of his good friends in my Creative Writing class and we became fast friends. Then, through him, I found out that my boyfriend (then pretty much a stranger) lived right down the street from me. So, when his/my friend came over to his house, it was easy to meet up and do stuff. We spent the whole summer after my senior year hanging out, getting to know each other, and having the time of our lives. :3

17. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    What type of writing do you like doing most?

18. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Probably sounds boring, but I absolutely love writing informative things, such as reviews, guides, articles, rules, etc.

Probably because I'm not actually that creative, haha. I prefer collecting information and putting it together, rather than, say, coming up with some sort of story completely from my head. I'm not good at that.

Though, I haven't even attempted writing anything completely from my own mind in a long time, so maybe if I tried to get back into it, I'd enjoy it just as much, if not more. I dunno.

19. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Has Lake Valor had any influence on your mental state? (because it sure did affect mine xD)

20. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Hmm, I would say so, I've been feeling a lot happier since I came back here. Everyone's been friendly, and they're a lot of fun to talk to! (I didn't really have any friends to talk to before.) Plus, trying out some of the events here has encouraged me to do some more art, which almost always boosts my mood~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.