1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Deltheor's Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Deltheor, Dec 9, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    [​IMG]
    I'm finally doing a Nuzlocke of Alpha Sapphire! I wanted to wait a bit longer before Nuzlocking these games, but I honestly was too excited to get started, haha. I've never done a Nuzlocke of any Hoenn game before, so this will be a new experience for me! I'll be sure to update regularly as I go through this challenge.​
    Please feel free to comment on this topic! This isn't just an update topic, I like feedback and people commenting on my challenge, as well. If you have something to say, don't hesitate to leave a comment or question!
    _ __ ___ _____________________________ ___ __ _​
    [​IMG]
    ✦ Only catch the first Pokémon you encounter on each Route. If you fail to catch it, you may not find another.​
    ✦ You may not use the DexNav or shaking spots of grass to get your first encounter. They must be random encounters to count.​
    ✦ Gift Pokémon can be used (Castform, Latias, etc), as long as it was the only Pokémon obtained in that area.​
    ✦ Dupes Clause: Duplicate Pokémon can be ignored. Duplicates include Pokémon you have caught before and their evolutionary families; including dead ones.​
    ✦ Shiny Clause: You may freely catch and use any shiny Pokémon you encounter, due to their rarity.​
    ✦ HM Clause: If you cannot proceed in the game due to having no Pokémon that can learn an HM, you may catch an extra Pokémon to use just for that HM. You may not use that Pokémon in battle.​
    ✦ You must nickname every Pokémon you catch.​
    ✦ If a Pokémon faints, it is considered dead and must be perma-boxed and never used again.​
    ✦ Keep the Battle Style to Set, not Switch.​
    ✦ Keep the EXP Share off at all times.​
    ✦ No recovery items such as potions and status-healing items. Held items are allowed.​
    ✦ Don't use Super-Training or Pokémon Amie.​
    ✦ No overlevelling. Try to stay around the current area's level, but no more than 5 levels above the next Gym.​
    _ __ ___ _____________________________ ___ __ _​
    [​IMG]
    [3D='blaziken'] [​IMG] [3D='flygon'] [​IMG] [3D='lunatone'] [​IMG]
    P'Li (Lv.58)​
    Blaziken ♀ [Naive/Blaze]​
    Orion (Lv.59)​
    Shiny Metagross [Brave/Clear Body]​
    Silbena (Lv.57)​
    Flygon ♀ [Gentle/Levitate]​
    Mariachi (Lv.58)​
    Shiny Ludicolo ♀ [Rash/Rain Dish]​
    Atlas (Lv.59)​
    Lunatone [Modest/Levitate]​
    Elethia (Lv.58)​
    Shiny Latias ♀ [Calm/Levitate]​
    In Box:
    [3D='tentacool'] [3D='magikarp'] [3D='electrike'] [3D='numel'] [3D='slugma'] [3D='spinda'] [3D='swablu'] [3D='spoink'] [3D='tropius'] [3D='absol'] [​IMG] [3D='shuppet'] [3D='duskull'] [3D='gloom'] [3D='wailmer'] [3D='spheal'] [​IMG] [3D='lairon'] [​IMG]
    Deaths:
    [3D='poochyena']​
    Marcus ♂ Poochyena (Lv.3 - Lv.6)​
    [3D='taillow']​
    Hurricane ♀ Taillow (Lv.6 - Lv.13)​
    [3D='shroomish']​
    Lichen ♂ Shroomish (Lv.5 - Lv.14)​
    [3D='zigzagoon']​
    Rocket ♂ Zigzagoon (Lv.2 - Lv.18)​
    [3D='beautifly']​
    Beau ♀ Beautifly (Lv.2 - Lv.23)​
    [3D='roselia']​
    Delphine ♀ Roselia (Lv.14 - Lv.16)​
    [​IMG]
    Jupiter ♀ Cosplay Pikachu (Lv.20 - Lv.25)​
    [3D='loudred']​
    Crescendo ♂ Loudred (Lv.7 - Lv.30)​
    [3D='crobat']​
    Xavier ♂ Crobat (Lv.12 - Lv.35)​

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Achromatic, Nate and Hraesvelgr like this.
  2. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I was really stuck on what starter to choose, since I like all 3 Hoenn starters, but I finally decided on one! So after going through the intro, getting out of the moving truck, and talking to my mom and neighbors, I went to help out Professor Birch and chose-

[3D='torchic']
    Torchic! I got pretty lucky with her, she's Naive-natured and female, as well. I usually never get a female starter unless I reset a ton, haha. I named her P'Li and went north to find May and battle her! I beat her Mudkip pretty easily, thankfully. I was worried since in my original Omega Ruby run, she got a ton of crits and killed my Treecko right off the bat. I'm happy that didn't happen here.

After that, I went back to Professor Birch's lab and got the PokéDex and some PokéBalls! I had already encountered a Pokémon on route 101, so I skipped that route, but I didn't find any Pokémon on the route where I battled May yet. So on that route, I caught-

[3D='poochyena']
    A Poochyena! He's male with a Quiet nature and Quick Feet. I named him Marcus, and I'll probably keep him in my team for a while. I like Mightyena quite a bit. I picked up a few extra PokéBalls at the PokéMart in Oldale, and went west to Route 102. My first encounter there was-

[3D='zigzagoon']
    Zigzagoon! At least I got this capture out of the way early, haha. I was bound to find a Zigzagoon/Linoone eventually. He's Adamant with Pickup though, which is pretty nice. I named him Rocket, and I'll definitely be training him up. He'll at least be useful for picking up items, if nothing else.

[​IMG]
    I also picked up this guy from the Pokémon Center. I was debating on whether or not to use the shiny event Beldum, but I decided to use him for a while because it'll be pretty difficult to train him since he won't listen half the time, plus I've never used this event Beldum and my Nuzlocke rules do allow gifts. If it becomes too OP I'll just box him. Either way, he's Brave-natured, and I'll be calling him Orion even though I can't nickname him in-game.

That's my first update, though! I'll be moving on to Petalburg City soon, after I train my lower-levelled Pokémon up a little bit. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply!

Current Team:
    [3D='torchic'] [​IMG] [3D='poochyena'] [3D='zigzagoon']​
    P'Li ♀ (Lv.8) | Orion (Lv.5) | Marcus ♂ (Lv.3) | Rocket ♂ (Lv.2)​
    Recent Deaths:
    None​

reshirams_cool likes this.
  3. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Sadly, right after my last update, my poor Poochyena died to a crit from a trainer's Wurmple. R.I.P. Marcus, you will be missed. I did help Wally catch his Ralts, and I talked with Norman a bit, so it's all good. On the next route, I had my first encounter, which was-

[3D='wurmple']
    A Wurmple! She has a neutral nature, which is cool. I named her Beau, and I like both of her evolutionary lines, so I was pretty happy with this. After some training, she evolved into a Silcoon, and later on into a Beautifly! She's awesome, I hope she sticks around for a while. I did some training on that route again and faced all the trainers before heading into Petalburg Woods, where I caught-

[3D='shroomish']
    Shroomish! I encountered another Wurmple before him, but because of dupes clause I was allowed to encounter this guy. I named him Lichen and he has a Lax nature and has Poison Heal, which is awesome. I then faced Team Aqua for the first time and met up with the Devon researcher before leaving the woods. I got the Wailmer Pail at the flower shop and did some training on that route's trainers before moving on to Rustboro.

I met up with May again and explored the city a bit before moving on to the next route to train for the gym. My first encounter on that route was-

[3D='taillow']
    A Taillow! I've never used a Taillow, so this should be interesting. I named her Hurricane, and she's Naughty-natured with Guts, which is pretty cool. I also headed into the Rusturf Tunnel briefly and I caught-

[3D='whismur']
    Whismur, obviously- it's the only Pokémon you can catch in there, haha. He's Rash with Soundproof, and I named him Crescendo. I'll be keeping him in my box unless I want to swap someone out for him, which I might later on down the line. I like Exploud quite a bit.

After training my team to Lv.12-13 (which was a pain oh god, I kept accidentally running into Lv.16+ Pokémon because of the shaking spots of grass which almost killed my Pokémon), I decided to take on Roxanne's Gym! I led with Lichen since he had Mega Drain and Leech Seed in his arsenal, which were extremely helpful in facing her. I thankfully walked out of that gym with no deaths, which was awesome! One badge down, seven to go.

That's it for now, I'll be chasing after Team Aqua and the Devon Researcher soon enough! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply!

Current Team:
    [3D='torchic'] [​IMG] [3D='zigzagoon'] [3D='beautifly'] [3D='shroomish'] [3D='taillow']​
    P'Li ♀ (Lv.14) | Orion (Lv.13) | Rocket ♂ (Lv.13) | Beau ♀ (Lv.13) | Lichen ♂ (Lv.13) | Hurricane ♀ (Lv.13)​
    Recent Deaths:
    [​IMG]
    Marcus ♂ Poochyena (Lv.3 - Lv.6)​

4. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I chased after the Aqua grunt who stole the Devon parts and beat him with Rocket, and I befriended Mr. Briney as well. I met up with Mr. Stone and got the parts to deliver as well as the letter for Steven, so I went to the route near Petalburg and set sail for Dewford!

I decided to go into the Gym first off and train Hurricane a bit since I was planning on using her in the next Gym anyway, but she sadly died to a crit from a Machop's Low Sweep. That made me really sad, I wanted to use a Swellow in this run. Lichen also died to another crit Acid from a trainer's Tentacool, so I just lost 2 team members to crits from 2 different trainers. Rest in peace, Taillow and Shroomish. You will be missed.

I did add my Whismur, Crescendo to my team that I caught in the last update, so I trained him up a bit to be on par with the rest of my team. I also went into Granite Cave to train, and I caught another team member-

[3D='zubat']
    Zubat! He's Naughty-natured with Inner Focus, and I named him Xavier. He's pretty cool, I haven't used the Zubat line too much even though I do like them. I trained my team up to Lv.15-16 before taking on Brawly's Gym again. P'Li also evolved into a Combusken during training, which is awesome! I can't wait until she becomes a Blaziken.

Xavier completely trashed Brawly's gym, though. He outsped both of Brawly's Pokémon and he KO'd both of them with Wing Attack, haha. It was a bit of payback for losing two Pokémon so quickly. I hope Xavier sticks around and eventually becomes a Crobat, that would be awesome!

I did catch two Pokémon around Dewford Town via Old Rod, as well-

[3D='tentacool'] [3D='magikarp']
    I caught a Naive Tentacool on Route 106 and named him Cthulhu, and I caught a Sassy Magikarp in Dewford Town and named her Jormungandr. I'll keep them in the PC for now until I need a water type or two!

Anyway, I'm off to Granite Cave to meet Steven, then to Slateport to deliver the Devon goods. See you guys in my next update! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply!
    Current Team:
    [3D='combusken'] [​IMG] [3D='zigzagoon'] [3D='beautifly'] [3D='whismur'] [3D='zubat']​
    P'Li ♀ (Lv.16) | Orion (Lv.16) | Rocket ♂ (Lv.16) | Beau ♀ (Lv.16) | Crescendo ♂ (Lv.16) | Xavier ♂ (Lv.16)​
    Recent Deaths:
    [​IMG]
    Hurricane ♀ Taillow (Lv.6 - Lv.13)​
    [​IMG]
    Lichen ♂ Shroomish (Lv.5 - Lv.14)​

5. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I headed back into Granite Cave after the last update and met with Steven, and observed the giant cave painting of Primal Kyogre. After that, I met up with Mr. Briney again and set sail for Slateport! I took some time battling the trainers on the beach to level my team up a bit, which was definitely useful.

I stopped off at the shipyard to talk with Dock, who told me that Captain Stern was at the Oceanic Museum. Team Aqua was there as well (the grunt I battled a while ago gave me the Thief TM), and I battled a couple of their other grunts upstairs. Sadly, Rocket fell to a crit from a Carvanha coupled with Rough Skin damage, which was a shame. I kind of forget that Carvanha have Rough Skin, which did unfortunately matter there. Rocket was a good Zigzagoon, it's sad he didn't get to make it to be a Linoone.

Archie interrupted us after that and explained about his Team's thoughts about the ocean before taking Team Aqua and leaving. I gave the parts to Stern and left, but not before checking out the Contest Hall. Lisia gave me a Contest Pass, so I tried my hand at a Beauty Contest and won with Beau! I took this really cool picture during one of her special appeals-

[​IMG]

After that, a breeder in the contest hall gave me a special Pikachu, who I gladly accepted onto my team! I haven't used the Cosplay Pikachu yet, so it'll be fun to see how she is in battle.

[​IMG]
    She's Lonely natured, and I named her Jupiter! I'm keeping her in her Rock Star outfit for now, since Meteor Mash is a pretty nice move to have. I then went north to Route 110, and had my first encounter on that route, which was-

[3D='electrike']
    An Electrike! I like Electrike, so he'll be backup if I decide to swap out Jupiter at any point. He's Bold natured, and I named him Raijin. I trained my team a bit on the routes around Slateport before heading off to Mauville, but not before battling May again! I easily swept through her team with Beau- I'm really starting to like Beautifly now. I wasn't too keen on them going into this run, but I'm very glad she's holding her own still.

May then gave me the Dowsing Machine, and I headed off to Mauville City! I love Mauville in this game, it's so awesome. I battled some trainers to the routes east and west of the city, and both Orion and Crescendo evolved into Metang and Loudred! I can't wait until they're both fully evolved. I did have an encounter on Route 117 too, which was-

[3D='roselia']
    Roselia! She's Brave-natured, and I named her Delphine. I've never used a Roselia, so I'm keeping her in my box for now.

I'm going to be challenging Wattson soon, so wish me luck! See you guys in the next update. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply!
    Current Team:
    [3D='combusken'] [​IMG] [3D='beautifly'] [3D='loudred'] [3D='zubat'] [​IMG]
    P'Li ♀ (Lv.20) | Orion (Lv.20) | Beau ♀ (Lv.20) | Crescendo ♂ (Lv.20) | Xavier ♂ (Lv.20) | Jupiter ♀ (Lv.20)​
    Recent Deaths:
    [​IMG]
    Rocket ♂ Shroomish (Lv.2 - Lv.18)​

6. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I took on Wattson's Gym after the last update (after battling Wally, of course), and Jupiter completely wrecked that gym, haha. Pikachu's Lightningrod came in ridiculously handy against Wattson, and I won the badge without any casualties yet again!

After that, I healed up and headed north. I battled the Winstrates for some extra EXP, as well as a bunch of other trainers on the route. Xavier evolved twice, into a Golbat and right afterward into a Crobat! I was surprised his friendship was that high, but I'm definitely not complaining- Crobat is awesome! On Route 112, I made another capture-

[3D='numel']
    A Numel! I named him Vesuvius, and he's Relaxed nature, which isn't bad. I'm keeping him in the box if I ever need a spare fire-type, which hopefully won't happen. I also caught another Pokémon in the Fiery Path-

[3D='slugma']
    A Slugma! So many fire-types, haha. She's Lax-natured, and I named her Blob because I'm so original. Back out on Route 111, I ran into Aarune and he gave me the run-down on Secret Bases. I doubt I'll make a secret base in this file, but it's nice to have Secret Power regardless! On Route 113, I caught another Pokémon-

[3D='spinda']
    Spinda! She's Quiet and I named her Freckles. I've never used a Spinda, so she'll probably just stay in the box, haha. I did make it to Fallarbor Town though, and I met up with May again, and we talked about Professor Cosmo going missing before heading off to Meteor Falls. On Route 114, I caught yet another Pokémon-

[3D='swablu']
    A Swablu! She's Lonely and I named her Nimbus. I like Altaria quite a lot, so I may use her in the future. Sadly though, during a battle with a trainer in which Beau used Mega Drain on an Aron and brought it down to its Sturdy, the Aron OHKO'd Beau with a crit Rock-type attack. I was devastated, I honestly grew to like Beautifly a lot in this run because of her.

I didn't really know what to replace her with, so I took my Roselia, Delphine out of the box and started to train her. However, she died two levels later to a crit from another Pokémon. These crits are out of control, dear god. I then put my Tentacool, Cthulhu, into my party and was switch-training him against wild Pokémon, when-

[​IMG]

I swear to Arceus my shiny luck in Nuzlockes is ridiculous. I did manage to catch her, though! She's Rash-natured, and I named her Mariachi. I've never used a Lombre or Ludicolo before, but what sold me on using her on my team was her characteristic- "Takes plenty of siestas". Of course my shiny Lombre would have that characteristic, haha. I'm definitely using her on my team once I train her up, though!

Wow, that update was full of ups and downs. I'm heading into Meteor Falls after I train my Lombre, so I'll see you guys soon! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply!
    Current Team:
    [3D='combusken'] [​IMG] [3D='crobat'] [3D='loudred'] [​IMG][​IMG]
    P'Li ♀ (Lv.24) | Orion (Lv.24) | Xavier ♂ (Lv.24) | Crescendo ♂ (Lv.25) | Jupiter ♀ (Lv.23) | Mariachi ♀ (Lv.18)​
    Recent Deaths:
    [​IMG]
    Beau ♀ Beautifly (Lv.2 - Lv.23)​
    [​IMG]
    Delphine ♀ Roselia (Lv.14 - Lv.16)​

Nate likes this.
  7. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I trained my newly-caught Shiny Lombre after the last update until she was on par with the rest of my team, then I went off to Meteor Falls to meet up with May. I had a double battle with her, a Team Aqua Grunt, and Aqua Admin Shelley- which I won using Jupiter and Mariachi. Maxie of Team Magma then showed up right before Team Aqua stole Professor Cosmo's Meteorite and headed off to Mt. Chimney. I started to head in that direction as well, but I did have an encounter in Meteor Falls, which was-

[3D='lunatone']
    A Lunatone! I've never used a Lunatone, but they're pretty cool. His name is Atlas and he's Modest-natured, which is nice. I then headed back to Mauville with May and headed north again to take the cable car up Mt. Chimney. I battled through one of the Aqua Grunts as well as Shelley again with Xavier and Mariachi before confronting Archie.

Jupiter took out his Mightyena easily, and nearly took out his Sharpedo as well, but he got a crit with Assurance and took out my poor Pikachu. I know Pikachu isn't the strongest Pokémon, but it was still sad, since I did like its cosplay forms. I took out Sharpedo and Golbat with Crescendo though, so at least the battle was over. Archie gave me the Meteorite after defeating him, and I headed down Jagged Pass after that. My first encounter on there was-

[3D='spoink']
    Spoink! I'm not a huge fan of Spoink, but it's alright. He's Quiet-natured and I named him Black Pearl. I did make it to Lavaridge though, and I swapped Jupiter out for Atlas, my newly-caught Lunatone. I trained him up on Jagged Pass, and he's actually pretty good. Once my team got to an adequate level, I decided to take on the Lavaridge Gym!

Mariachi took care of all of the gym trainers pretty easily, and Atlas completely destroyed Flannery herself, haha. I really like Lunatone now, it's actually pretty good in-game. May gave me the Go-Goggles after beating Flannery, and I took a quick trip into the desert on Route 111, where I caught-

[3D='trapinch']
    A Trapinch! I named her Silbena, and she's Gentle-natured. Flygon is cool, so I'm glad I caught one. I also grabbed the Claw Fossil while I was there, as well. I'm going to do a little bit of training before heading back to Petalburg, since I really don't want to lose to my father.

Hopefully I do well against Norman, I don't want to lose anyone to him. I'll see you guys in the next update! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply!

Current Team:
    [3D='combusken'] [​IMG] [3D='crobat'] [3D='loudred'] [​IMG] [3D='lunatone']​
    P'Li ♀ (Lv.28) | Orion (Lv.28) | Xavier ♂ (Lv.28) | Crescendo ♂ (Lv.28) | Mariachi ♀ (Lv.28) | Atlas (Lv.29)​
    Recent Deaths:
    [​IMG]
    Jupiter ♀ Cosplay Pikachu (Lv.20 - Lv.25)​

8. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I did a small bit of training in the desert after my last update, then I met with May to travel to Petalburg and face my father's gym. I was honestly dreading this gym, but it didn't turn out too badly. I took out the gym trainers fairly easily, and P'Li made quick work of his first Slaking and his Vigoroth, while Crescendo took out the last one. Thank god that none of them used Retaliate the turn after I KO'd one. (Also, Norman doesn't wear any shoes? I noticed that in his sprite when it zoomed in before the battle, haha.)

After that, I met up with Wally, got the Surf HM, and traveled to Mauville City again. I taught Surf to Mariachi and headed East, where I met up with Steven again, and the cutscene with Latios happened where we got taken to Southern Island. We met Latias there, and Aqua Admin Matt and another Aqua Grunt showed up to try to capture her, so me and Steven teamed up in a double battle to defeat them.

I was leading with Crescendo at that point, and Matt's Sharpedo Swaggered me right off the bat, and while I did decent damage to him, the next turn he got a crit- and Crescendo hurt himself in confusion and died from the damage. That's a really sad way to lose a Pokémon, and I feel really bad that he never got to become an Exploud.

Either way, Steven finished off the Sharpedo and won the battle, and Matt left. Latias joined my team (I named her Elethia and swapped her out for the now-dead Crescendo), and Steven gave me a Mega Bracelet, so I can finally use Mega Evolution now! I can't wait until I get the Blazikenite, haha.

Me and Steven left Southern Island and headed back to Route 118, and I checked my party to see what the Latias I received was like, and-

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What the hell is with my luck in Nuzlockes??? I didn't even know this could be shiny! I hyperventilated for 10+ minutes after I saw this, haha ( @[member="Achromatic"] and @[member="LostSpirit"] can testify to that, they were on a call with me at the time). I had to break my 'no super-training rule' just for this one time, since there was no way that I was going to not have this beauty have imperfect EVs when I use her after the Nuzlocke is over, haha. She doesn't have a bad nature either, and after running her stats through an IV checker, I think she has perfect HP, Sp.Attack, and Speed, although I'm not quite sure. Even without that, she's beautiful!

I'm definitely using her on my team from now on, although I won't be using her Mega form. That would be way too overpowered for this point in the game. (Oh, and I also tried to catch a Pelipper on Route 118, but it wouldn't stay in the ball so I just got fed up and killed it. I'm sure I'll find another one later anyway, they're pretty common.)

Sorry for the haphazard update, but I had to share this with you guys! Onto Fortree City next! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply!
    Current Team:
    [3D='combusken'] [​IMG] [3D='crobat'] [​IMG] [3D='lunatone'] [​IMG]
    P'Li ♀ (Lv.31) | Orion (Lv.31) | Xavier ♂ (Lv.31) | Mariachi ♀ (Lv.31) | Atlas (Lv.31) | Elethia ♀ (Lv.30)​
    Recent Deaths:
    [3D='loudred']​
    Crescendo ♀ Loudred (Lv.7 - Lv.30)​

LostSpirit and DIO like this.
  9. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    Good luck in Foretree next senpai! Any Pokémon you're worried about or hope to acquire along the way?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thanks Aqua! I'm worried about all of my team, really- I don't want any of them to die at this point. I'm mostly worried about my Combusken (soon-to-be-Blaziken), P'Li and my shiny Lombre, Mariachi- mostly because P'Li does have low defenses and Mariachi isn't fully-evolved because I don't have a Water Stone yet. Other than that, I feel my team is pretty solid! I don't really think there's any other Pokémon I desperately want, although fishing up a Wailmer would be nice at some point.

Anyway, I headed north up Route 119 after my last update, and I battled a lot of the trainers on the way. It was useful having Mariachi on my team on that route, since it's almost always raining and she has the Rain Dish ability, haha. I did have an encounter on that route though, and it was-

[3D='tropius']
    A Tropius! I really like Tropius, so that was a nice surprise. I named her Acacia, and she has a Hasty nature. After making my way up the route, I went into the Weather Institute since the bridge to Fortree was blocked by Team Aqua grunts. I battled through the grunts inside using Elethia, who is really fun to use, surprisingly. I've never used a Latias before, haha. I met Shelley again at the top floor of the institute, and beat her easily with P'Li and Orion.

The scientists thanked me, and I left the institute, only to be stopped again by May. I had a quick battle with her, and Xavier and Atlas made quick work of her team. She gave me the HM for Fly, and I finally made my way to Fortree! I love Fortree City, even if it is small, because it always looks so awesome. Since there was an obstacle blocking the Gym, I went east to Route 120 (my favorite route), and had another encounter there-

[3D='absol']
    Which surprisingly (after several encounters with Linoone, which are duplicates due to catching a Zigzagoon earlier) was an Absol! Absol is cool, even though I don't think I've really used one. I named him Nickelite, and he's Serious-natured. I met up with Steven again, and he gave me the Devon Scope to see invisible Pokémon with, along with the Blazikenite! I had a quick battle with a Kecleon, and I was off to the Fortree Gym.

I battled the trainers in the Gym with P'Li to get some experience, and she finally evolved into a Blaziken! I love Blaziken, it was my first-ever Hoenn starter, and she looks so cool. Winona herself was fairly easy, Elethia took care of most of her Pokémon, and Atlas finished off her Skarmory. With that, I got my 6th badge! I'm really proud of my team for making it this far.

No deaths this update, thank god. I really hope that my current team survives, I don't want anyone to die. Here's hoping for the best, and I'll see you guys in the next update! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply!

Current Team:
    [3D='blaziken'] [​IMG] [3D='crobat'] [​IMG] [3D='lunatone'] [​IMG]
    P'Li ♀ (Lv.36) | Orion (Lv.35) | Xavier ♂ (Lv.35) | Mariachi ♀ (Lv.35) | Atlas (Lv.35) | Elethia ♀ (Lv.35)​
    Recent Deaths:
    None​

11. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    First off, you guys can reply to this topic if you want! I've been a bit discouraged since this challenge hasn't been getting a lot of replies, and I've put a lot of effort into the layout and I've been having tons of fun with the actual run. If you have any feedback or just want to comment with a reply or question, go right ahead! Any kind of comments are much appreciated! :D

Anyway, a bit of sad news first after the last update- after I beat Winona and was going south on Route 120, my Crobat died to a Milotic that a trainer had. I thought he could easily take it out in 2 hits, but it just barely survived and KO'd him. Rest in piece, Xavier- you were a great team member, and you will be sorely missed.

I really didn't know who to add to my team after that, but I eventually decided on adding my Trapinch, Silbena to my team. She's pretty cool, and I've never really used a Flygon, at least not in a very long time. I didn't want the rest of my team to get a bunch of levels from switch-training her, so I put just her and the Absol I caught in the last update in my party to do some training. In the middle of training, though, I found this-

[​IMG]

I've just kind of accepted that this file has stupidly good shiny luck, haha. I did catch him though, and I named him Redtail after another shiny Linoone I had years ago and sadly lost. He'll be staying in the box for now, but I may use him later on.

I did get Silbena up to Lv.35 with the rest of my team, and she evolved into Vibrava, which was awesome! I also got a Water Stone through Secret Super Training and used it to evolve Mariachi into Ludicolo, since she was kind of the weak link on the team. After that, I headed south again towards Mt. Pyre! On Route 121 I had another encounter, which was-

[3D='shuppet']
    A Shuppet! He's Relaxed and I named him Tethys. I continued on that route and followed some Team Aqua Grunts to Mt. Pyre. I always liked Mt. Pyre's atmosphere as a kid, and I still like it now. I battled the trainers in there for some experience, and I caught another Pokémon in there-

[3D='duskull']
    Which was a Duskull! I like the Duskull line, they're neat. I named him Disastem, and he's Adamant-natured, which is nice. I then exited the interior of Mt. Pyre and scaled the outside, fighting some Team Aqua Grunts along the way. Archie and Matt were at the peak, and Archie took the Blue Orb from its pedestal before ordering Matt to stall me so he could make it to Slateport. I easily beat his Sharpedo with Elethia, and he left to follow Archie. The old couple at the peak then entrusted me with the Red Orb, and I took off after Archie.

At Slateport, Team Aqua was there again, trying to take control of Captain Stern's submarine. I fought a couple grunts there with Orion, but they sadly got away. Stern then took me to Lilycove, telling me to look for their hideout. I did meet up with May in Lilycove, and I battled with her team a bit. I took out her Swellow with P'Li, and Mariachi took care of her Swampert, Breloom, and Magcargo. After beating her, I took off for the hideout at the edge of the city.

My team swept through the base with relative ease, and I did pick up a Master Ball along the way! I would have gotten an Electrode as a capture, but it sadly Self-Destructed. Thank god it didn't kill anyone, since Orion was out front and ate it up like a champ, haha. I did battle with the 5 Aqua Grunts who all use Poochyena at the same time, but I easily destroyed them with Silbena's Earthquake, haha (which I didn't know Trapinch learns at a really low level. It surprised me). I also took out Matt with Silbena, as well, and he told me Archie was heading to the seafloor to look for the super-ancient Pokémon.

I left the hideout, and I'm currently getting ready to cross the ocean and head to Mossdeep. Hopefully my luck continues, my team is pretty solid so far!

Oh, I also caught another Pokémon on Route 123 when I headed there quickly-

[3D='gloom']
    A Gloom! He's Jolly and I named him Aloe. I'll be keeping him in my box for now, though.

Anyway, I'll see you guys in the next update! Hopefully crossing the sea isn't too much trouble. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply!
    Current Team:
    [3D='blaziken'] [​IMG] [3D='vibrava'] [​IMG] [3D='lunatone'] [​IMG]
    P'Li ♀ (Lv.40) | Orion (Lv.40) | Silbena ♀ (Lv.39) | Mariachi ♀ (Lv.39) | Atlas (Lv.39) | Elethia ♀ (Lv.39)​
    Recent Deaths:
    [3D='crobat']​
    Xavier ♂ Crobat (Lv.12 - Lv.35)​

12. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    What a shame about Xavier! Poor fat bat.
    Also, how the heck do you get so many shinies Del?
    I swear. This doesn't seem legit (though I know it is).

13. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I felt bad for Xavier, I really liked him. I honestly don't know how I get so many shinies in Nuzlockes though, haha. It doesn't seem real to me.

I did head across the sea after the last update, and I made it to Mossdeep with relative ease! I battled the trainers along the way to get some levels, but I was still a bit underlevelled for the next gym. I wanted to get everyone up to at least Lv.40, so I went to Shoal Cave to do some training! I did get the Super Rod in Mossdeep, and in the city I caught-

[3D='wailmer']
    A Wailmer! I like Wailmer, I think they're cute, haha. He's Calm and I named him Atlantic, I'll be using him for Diving and whatnot. I also caught another Pokémon in Shoal Cave, which was-

[3D='spheal']
    Spheal! He's Timid, and I named him Zeke. I did some training against the wild Pokémon in the cave until I was satisfied with everyone's levels, then I went to challenge the Mossdeep City Gym!

The gym itself has a cool layout, I really like how it looks. I completely forgot that Tate and Liza's Pokémon were at Lv.45 though, I thought they were lower. Orion and Elethia, who I led with, were only Lv.41 and Lv.40 at the time. They made it through the battle unscathed regardless, even though Tate and Liza had to use a couple Hyper Potions. Elethia's Shadow Ball (which I picked up on Mt. Pyre, thankfully) and Orion's Iron Head made quick work of their Solrock and Lunatone, haha.

After getting the badge, I left the gym and was greeted by an earthquake and a giant pillar of light that shot up from one of the sea routes. Steven found me and took me to his house and explained that the seal on the super-ancient Pokémon's lair had been broken, and I should head over there as soon as possible. He gave me the HM Dive, which I taught to my newly-caught Wailmer (along with Strength), and set off for Route 128. I did have to leave Orion behind to take my Wailmer with me, which wasn't that big of a deal. I didn't plan on using him in the upcoming area, anyway.

Once I reached the huge undersea trench that led to the undersea cavern, I dove down and made my way to the entrance. Silbena battled through a ton of Team Aqua Grunts on the way, and I had to solve some boulder puzzles as well. I finally made it into the inner chamber where Maxie was confronting Archie.

Archie showed the resting place of Kyogre, then challenged me to a battle. P'Li made quick work of his Mightyena, and Elethia took care of his Muk and Crobat. I was a bit scared of his Mega Sharpedo, but thankfully Elethia outsped and KO'd it in one hit. Sharpedo are frail anyway, I was just glad that I outsped it. I did not want to be on the receiving end of a Crunch from that thing.

After being defeated, Archie used the Blue Orb's power to revive Kyogre, and it summoned huge stormclouds that started spreading out from Sootopolis. Archie, Maxie, and I met up on the surface before they headed to Sootopolis, then Steven showed up as well before heading over there. Knowing what was coming, I took the opportunity to train my Pokémon a bit for the upcoming battle. Orion finally evolved into a Metagross while training, and Silbena evolved into Flygon as well!

I'm in Sootopolis right now, trying to decide what to do with Kyogre. I'm probably just going to KO it, but if it's the first thing I encounter in the Cave of Origin, I'm going to have to catch it. I guess we'll see in the next update! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply!

Current Team:
    P'Li ♀ (Lv.45) | Orion (Lv.45) | Silbena ♀ (Lv.45) | Mariachi ♀ (Lv.44) | Atlas (Lv.44) | Elethia ♀ (Lv.44)​
    Recent Deaths:
    None​

14. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I was dreading going into the Cave of Origin after last episode, especially since I made it to Kyogre without encountering any other Pokémon, so by the Nuzlocke rules, I had to try to catch it. I led with Mariachi since she has Rain Dish and resists a good portion of Kyogre's moves, so I was counting on her in that battle. Of course, Primal Kyogre outsped on the first turn and used Ice Beam-

-and fucking froze her. I was so pissed, but I was determined to catch it. Thankfully Kyogre was stupid and kept spamming Aqua Ring while I was frozen, and Rain Dish kept restoring my HP. Eventually I thawed out and started whittling down its HP, and when it was in the low Yellow, I threw a Net Ball at it, and-

[​IMG]
    Kyogre was mine! I was so happy I didn't lose anyone (even though I did have that freeze scare, haha). I named him Poseidon and he's Calm nature, and he's on permanent timeout in my box due to being a dick and freezing my Ludicolo, haha. I watched the post-capture cutscene, which is one of my favorites, I got the Eon Flute from Steven, and then I went on to challenge Wallace!

His gym was honestly very easy. After Kyogre, Mariachi could pretty much take on anything, haha. She swept through Wallace's team like it was nothing, and the final badge was mine!

The stuff under the cut is a bit of a small break I took from the actual Nuzlocke, so you can skip it if you want. I highly recommend you don't, though- it's pretty cool what happened, haha.

Now, I did take a bit of a break from the actual Nuzlocke to do something I've been trying to do for ages. As some of you know, since ORAS came out, I've been trying to get a shiny Reshiram and shiny Zekrom, since they are two of my favorite shinies that are finally not shiny-locked. I got Reshiram a couple weeks ago, and now that I had the Eon Flute, I decided to take a quick break before the E4 and try to get Zekrom just for fun.

I traded over a couple Pokémon from Omega Ruby just to help in catching it if I did find it (namely: a random Lv.100 Pokémon to get the Fabled Cave area to appear, an Adamant Synchronizer, and my Vivillon with Sleep Powder that I use a lot to catch Pokémon). Two hours later, this happened-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LOOK AT HOW BEAUTIFUL THAT THING IS. I had no idea I would get him so quickly! I guess it's payback for Reshiram, who took over 7,000 SR's, haha.

My Adamant sync worked too, and his rough IV spread is 25/31/26/31/29/31. Which is insanely good, honestly. I couldn't be happier with this guy! His nickname is Za'Daar until I can think of a suitable nickname for him.

Anyway, after that was over, I went to Ever Grande city to go through Victory Road! I did train my team a little bit in there as well, just so they would be at a good level for the fight at the end. I also caught another Pokémon in there, which was-

[3D='lairon']
    A Lairon! I named him Titanium, and he's Naughty-natured. After getting through Victory Road, I met up with Wally, and challenged him to a battle! His battle music is so cool, I loved this battle so much. I led with P'Li, and she honestly wrecked his entire team, haha. Even his Mega Gallade didn't stand a chance. After that, I exited Victory Road and made it to the Pokémon League!

I'm going to do a little bit more training before taking on the Elite Four, but I'm very excited. See you guys after I challenge them! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply!
    Current Team:
    P'Li ♀ (Lv.51) | Orion (Lv.50) | Silbena ♀ (Lv.50) | Mariachi ♀ (Lv.49) | Atlas (Lv.49) | Elethia ♀ (Lv.50)​
    Recent Deaths:
    None​

Nate, DIO and Achromatic like this.
  15. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    This is a cool challenge! I really enjoy reading it. :)
    Congratulations on catching Kyogre!

16. Juju

Juju Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Holy carp, Danny, your luck is too damn high. I swear to god you were bathed in an RNG shrine when you were born. Congrats on the shinies.

17. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thank you very much! I've been trying to make this as enjoyable to read as possible, haha. I'm glad you've been liking it!

Thank you! This Nuzlocke has been insanely lucky though, even by my standards of 'lucky'. I'll definitely be doing a lot of shiny-hunting on this file once I complete the actual Nuzlocke portion of this run!

Anyway, I finished up grinding for the Elite Four, with my team around Lv.56-57 by the end of it. I was nervous going into it, but I was pretty confident in my team overall.

I wasn't sure who to take Sidney on with, since I was saving P'Li for Glacia, but once I found out that Atlas could learn Moonblast, I took him to Fallarbor and taught him that ASAP, haha. He completely swept through Sidney's team, it was pretty great. I really grew to like Lunatone because of this Nuzlocke, it's actually a pretty good Pokémon!

For Phoebe, I used Elethia. She had Shadow Ball, so she did really well against all of her ghost-types. To be honest, I really hated Latias before this run because she reminded me of some unpleasant people, but I think I finally got over that because of Elethia. She'll always be one of my favorite shinies now because of how damn lucky she was.

P'Li completely destroyed Glacia, haha. I almost felt sorry for her, honestly. I was really happy when I got P'Li because I really like female starters, and P'Li hasn't failed me once in this run. Blaziken is awesome, and I couldn't be more proud of her.

Mariachi and Silbena double-teamed Drake, and they did a really good job, honestly. Mariachi took out the first half of his team, but then she got put to sleep by Kingdra's Yawn, so I switched into Silbena and took care of the rest of his team with her. I still think Ludicolo's design is weird, but I have a new appreciation for it now because of this run. And even though Silbena was a late-game addition to the team, I really love Flygon, and I'm glad I added her.

And finally, Steven. I only felt it was appropriate to take him on with the very team member that was technically his to begin with, haha. Orion was the best choice, honestly, because he made quick work of all his team members and got to face Steven's own Mega Metagross for the final battle, at the same level. I even snapped this picture to keep this moment forever-

[​IMG]

Luckily Steven's Metagross didn't know Earthquake, because I totally destroyed him with it, haha. Birch and May showed up after I beat Steven, and Steven then took me into the Champion's room and registered my team in the Hall of Fame. I took a quick video of that moment for anyone who wants to see it!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP4ojrVE8FQ​
    After that, the credits started, and oh god did they tug at my heartstrings. They showed a lot of my now-dead Pokémon, along with my current team members, and it was honestly really awesome to watch. I also defeated May post-credits with Orion and Elethia, and that was the end of my first ORAS Nuzlocke!

I had a great time beating the main game in this Nuzlocke, and thanks to everyone who stuck by me during it!
    Current Team:
    P'Li ♀ (Lv.58) | Orion (Lv.59) | Silbena ♀ (Lv.57) | Mariachi ♀ (Lv.58) | Atlas (Lv.59) | Elethia ♀ (Lv.58)​
    Recent Deaths:
    None​

Hraesvelgr likes this.
  18. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Automatic generated message
    This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Challenge has ended.

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    Lake Valor Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.