1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Venelocke -Another type of Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Weedle Enthusiast, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    The name comes from part of the Latin word for Witchcraft. Here is the idea of it:

All normal Nuzlocke apply, with some changes. The biggest change is that when a Pokémon dies, it isn't fully dead. When one dies, you roll a die or flip a coin. There is a 50/50 chance it'll become a zombie or spirit.

Normal Pokémon- All Pokémon start out normal. When they die, they become undead as described above.

Undead Pokémon- Cannot use non-attacking moves, cannot be switched out until the opposing Pokémon faints (do not put battle style to set, that is the one time they can switch out), and if they die, are permanently destroyed. If one is the MVP in a gym battle, you can make them normal again, as describedbelow.

Zombies- Can be grinded up, but cannot learn new moves (not even from level up). If one is the MVP in a gym battle, you can permanently box/release a spirit to bring them back to life as a normal Pokémon.

Spirits- Cannot be grinded up. They are allowed to level up, but only in trainer battles. Spirits are allowed to learn new moves from any source. If it is the MVP in a gym battle, then it can be revived as a normal Pokémon at the sacrifice of a zombie.

MVP- The Pokémon that you feel was most important to your victory (whether they took out lots of Pokémon or just tanked hits so you could heal).

So this would be an easier Nuzlocke, but I still think it would be an interesting play-through. Other things I considered were adding other undead (like a higher stage that can be reached in the same was as becoming normal, but by sacrificing on of the same type. Or since spirits can't be grinded, maybe remove the zombie sacrifice and say they just possessed a wild Pokémon.

What are your opinions?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. brsajo

brsajo Girl Boss Baby

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,240.0
    Can you be a bit more specific about what defines an MVP? Also I'm still a bit confused about what happens when a zombie dies and is an MVP in a gym battle. Are you saying that you flip a coin to see if it dies or becomes a regular Pokémon again? Or that the coin flip determines whether it becomes a spirit or a zombie again?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    I'll rephrase it in the post.

MVP- The one who was most important. Not necessarily who KO'd the most. Let's say you had a slow and tanky mon with a move like Volt-Switch (this is kind of a bad example since it lacks undead, but oh well). The rest of your team is glass cannons. You finish off every Pokémon with a glass cannon, but couldn't have done that without that small chunk done by the tank, that tank is the MVP.

If the zombie LIVES and is the MVP, they can become a normal Pokémon again. As in 100% normal, as if you had just caught them in the wild. So when they died a second time, the coin would be flipped again to see what undead they became instead of permanent death like an undead would.

4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,404.2
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    So do you immediately change them to undead, or do you wait until the battle ends to unleash your necromatic powers?
    this sounds pretty interesting to do actually, and I might try it for my next nuzlocke

5. Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    @[member="HiddenLore"] I think that should depend on what challenge level you want. If it was one of someone's first Nuzlockes, then probably in combat. If someone is semi-experienced, maybe they are allowed to use a revive after Combat, but a veteran has to return to the Pokémon Center or other healing facility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.