1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Sequel or prequel?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Thechaosmaster, Feb 21, 2017.

Tags:
?

Should I write a sequel or a prequel to the story, A Brave New Journey!

1. Sequel

33.3%
  2. Prequel

66.7%
  1. Thechaosmaster

Thechaosmaster Keeper of Chaos

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.9
    Potion ★Poké Ball ★
    Hey everybody, I'm back and I'm ready for answers for you guys, now then, this question and answer topic is about my story, A Brave New Journey, and I need to know, what would you guys like for me to write, the Sequel of my story or a prequel? The reason why is because I had just finished watching XY&Z and realized that it is not quite cannon as I thought and I need your ideas for weather to write a sequel first or a prequel. I will also be putting this question on my fanfic page right after this so, if you guys want me to write sequel or a prequel just say so. Later!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I generally like knowing what prompted everything in a story, so I vote prequel. =) It's a good way for me to more easily piece everything together, as well as have a better visual image of the characters and their personalities. Sequels are great too and I love them, but I've always had a bigger interest in prequels/characters' backgrounds and what they did in the events leading up to the main story.

4. Thechaosmaster

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.9
    Potion ★Poké Ball ★
    Yeah, you said it. And after much though, I have decided that, seeing how my story really broken apart from the anime at the very beginning. First I was thinking to start it off at the beginning of the Kalos league but, I decided against it for many reasons. I am also thinking of turning down Serena's attraction towards Ash, but I can't figure out just how much I will turn it down. Most likely she will have a sort of secret crush on him, and will be helping him out and such but, trying not to make it look like Amourshipping, no offence to those fans of AshxSerena but, remember it IS a prequel to the ALTOSHIPPING STORY. And I have decided that the only way to have my prequel make any sense is to write it from the very moment that Ash and Pikachu land in Kalos. The name of the prequel is not completely sure of but, at the moment I am going to be calling it, Pokémon A Brave New Beginning. So that would mean that my first story is technically book two of what would be called The Brave New Story. Or something like that, I kind of suck at coming up with names. ^^' Anyhow, just like A Brave New Journey, this prequel will have this kind of Ash.

Mature!Ash
    Smart!Ash
    Aura!Ash but he won't always use it, he will try to keep that under the grid, and FYI, the movies that happened in the past, Ash will know of them, and I have toned down the whole Ash yells at the top of his lungs once he steps off the plane and then falls down the stairs, I just thought that was a bit, dumb of Ash. If you guys have any ideas of what I should do for this story, the just either write your ideas on either this topic or ask me about my fanfics topic, and most important information about Ash's Kalos Pokémon evolutions, and the others Pokémon, the will evolve just like they did in cannon, except Chespin, I'm not sure when or where I will have him evolve but, he will. Now then, this may seem like I am spoiling this for you guys but, I will make this an exception because of this reason, I will let you guys put up ideas for the story, and once I write the first chapter it will go up here first. Why? Because as of right now, all of you guys will be helping me write this thing, but there will be a catch, because I can see you guys saying that if I'm giving you guys control, think again, for I will be choosing one person that will be in charge of being my co-author who will help me write episodes that I can't really figure out how to change, while the rest of you, because I am nice and I hate to write this without getting as much help as I can get because, in reality, I suck at english, AND IT'S MY MAIN LANGUAGE!! But I still make mistakes at times, so here is your job for the ones who won't be picked, you guys will help me by being beta readers. Now why an I going through all this trouble? Because, once this prequel is finished, I can say that I had an entire community helping me write this.

So here is what I need from you guys, wait for me to put up the first chapter, then once you have all read it, and once I am done writing this, I will put up a new topic in the creative corner, what I will call it I will figure out at that time, but once it is up, YOU guys can put up what ever ideas you have, for whatever episode you want, and as you can already tell, if I do things like this then, the story can seem a bit crazy, that is why we will be working together, so in a way, you're all my co-authors! Of anyone sees a problem with this, don't be afraid to speak your mind, because that is what motivates me and puts me on the right path, people speaking their minds, well as always, I am Thechaosmaster and now the ball is in your courts, and if anyone wants to help me out for this story, tell me how to do PM's on this site, or just PM on my Fanfic site or just leave a review, any way you can, and, I'm sorry if this thing seems a bit, chaotic, I may be Thechaosmaster but sometimes even I can get a bit out of control, well bye.

#ShippersUnite!

5. Thechaosmaster

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.9
    Potion ★Poké Ball ★
    Jessie: If... If you ask what's going on...

James: Let us tell you our names!

Jessie: The face of a flower, a slim waist, and a unique charm. A ring of evil flowers that blooms in this fleeting world! Jessie!

James: Flying on a dragon and diving clouds! A dashing and gallant figure! An evil apostle who will get his revenge on this miserable world! James!

Meowth: Sharing the same fate and acting together. The small, evil star glimmering amongst good friends. Meowth!

Jessie and James: Team Rocket is here!

Meowth: That's right!

This is the translated version of Team Rockets motto from Sun and Moon. If it is what they will use for the english version, I will use that instead of their original motto that was used in X&Y, but if ANY of you guys has a better Idea, don't be afraid to say it. You don't need to be afraid of Chaos, Chaos just wants to be your friend.

#ShippersUnite

6. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Personally, I like to see the past and all but more in flashbacks, I think moving forward, making a sequel allows you to develop new personally and new concepts for what happens as life continues to progress from your story. That sounds weird... what I mean is developing where you left off, I enjoy an after more than a before for a full story.

7. Seprix

Seprix Patron Sint

PokéPoints:
    ₽115.8
    The problem with prequels is that often, people who have read your original story already know how it's going to end basically, so you have to keep them hooked on character, or else make it about something else entirely with some references to the OG story. With a sequel, you have more freedom to do what you please.