1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Reject Tier (Tear)

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Ryan, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Ben and I were talking about rejected Pokémon and such, so we decided to put together a reject tier. It's more for fun than anything.

So, here's the list!

Ariados
    Beautifly
    Beedrill
    Castform
    Cherrim
    Chimecho
    Dedenne
    Delcatty
    Delibird
    Dunsparce
    Dustox
    Emolga
    Farfetch'd
    Furret
    Girafarig
    Glalie
    Illumise
    Kricketune
    Ledian
    Linoone (without Belly Drum)
    Lumineon
    Luvdisc
    Magcargo
    Maractus
    Masquerain
    Minun
    Mothim (without Quiver Dance)
    Pachirisu
    Parasect
    Pelipper
    Plusle
    Raticate
    Seaking
    Seviper
    Spinda
    Sudowoodo (without Assault Vest)
    Sunflora
    Swanna
    Vanilluxe
    Vespiquen
    Volbeat
    Watchog
    Wigglytuff
    Wormadam
    Any stage 1 NFE Pokémon from a family of THREE evolutions (three evolution family example: Charmander -> Charmeleon -> Charizard)

BANNED:
    Entry Hazards
    Stage 1 NFE Pokémon from an evolution family that contains only two Pokémon (Ex. Gligar -> Gliscor)
    Eviolite
    Guts, Hustle, Moody
    Baton Pass

If you have any suggestions for a change to this tier, post here and let us know. It's more for fun and creativity more than anything, so if you choose to participate in battles with this tier, keep that mind.

8542Madness, Nate and Achromatic like this.
  2. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    You included Heatmor, but not Durant? (I'm not all that much into competitive, so maybe Durant is actually good, I don't know)
    Also, Ariados?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    I actually run emolga on my OU team, he's quite the little troll being flying type, having motor drive. I run encore/agility/baton pass/air slash, switching into ground/electric moves. Its not amazing, but can be a ton of fun

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Durant has a lot of uses and Ariados isn't actually as bad as it seems, to be honest.

5. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Oh okay, I never used a Durant. And I used an Ariados in my HG team, was pretty cool :)

6. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    How about adding Seviper to the list? He's really cool but no one ever thinks twice about using him competitively.

7. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I see you've got Beautifly and Beedrill chilling there, but not Butterfree. Is Butterfree any more useful than Beautifly? Cause they look around the same to me looking at their stats and movepools. I'd be tempted to say Qwilfish as well although with Swift Swim it could have a place on rain teams I guess.

8. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I have one: MAGIKH-nah just kidding, I meant Corsola!

Warrior of Hope likes this.
  9. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    I think Ariados could fit in here, so I'll edit it into the list and if it seems too overpowered we'll take it out. It should be interesting without entry hazards so I'm looking forward to the creativity of a lot of these sets.
    Durant is actually really good, so it would obliterate in this tier. It has Hustle and a huge attack stat, paired with fairly good speed, and it also has access to Hone Claws to counter the accuracy drop from Hustle. And with its Hidden Ability "Truant", it can use entrainment to force that ability onto another Pokémon.
    If it's overly abused or somehow amazing in this tier, we'll definitely change it. But first we'll see how things go.
    Great idea! I completely overlooked Seviper.
    Butterfree has a significant niche and would probably destroy the Pokémon in this tier, due to one set. It has access to Sleep Powder as well as Compound eyes and Tinted Lens, which wouldn't be a huge deal if it also didn't have Quiver Dance and Bug Buzz. I've used a Tented Lens set with these moves before and it's really strong surprisingly, especially considering the no entry hazard rule.
    I considered Qwilfish but not only does it have Swift Swim, but it also has Intimidate as well as great support moves, so its physical walling capabilities are scary for the Pokémon in this tier. With Swift Swim and Swords Dance as an alternative to physical walling, I decided it was a bit overpowered for the Pokémon here.
    I don't think Corsola would fit in here, considering its utility as a wall that many Pokémon here would have trouble getting past. The main problem with Corsola is that if you want to recover HP, all you have to do is switch out, and to add on to that, it also has access to Recover. But if anyone else backs it up we'll test it out.

10. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Great battle against Nocturnal: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-109562784
    Decent battle against someone I battled on a random matchup: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-109560767

The latter definitely underestimated my Choice Scarf Chimecho. Extremely fun matches though!

11. Kaeda_Yoshii123

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Will you count furfrou as a reject tier?

12. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    No. Its ability would make it too difficult to deal with for this tier.

In other news, Pyroar has been removed from the tier.

13. Potatrobot

Potatrobot Resident Potato

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    I want to battle with this tier. I hatched the perfect Dunsparce for the job.

14. Kaeda_Yoshii123

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Is, Barbaracle, ditto, villion and whimscicott allowed?
    Sorry for keep asking questions, I'm building my team now and I want to use these Pokémon so I want to now are they allowed.

15. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    No to all except Vivillon. Whimsicott, Ditto, and Barbaracle are OU Pokémon for good reason (Prankster - Whimsicott, Imposter - Ditto, Tough Claws + Shell Smash - Barbaracle). Vivillon is a maybe, I'll look into it. It gets Hurricane which is fairly iffy for this tier.

16. Kaeda_Yoshii123

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Alright!If it's is I'll add it to my team.

17. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    I'm gonna have to say no for the same reason as Butterfree (it's essentially stronger than Butterfree). Compoundeyes Hurricane + Compoundeyes Sleep Powder + high speed for this tier + Quiver Dance. Sorry abou that!

18. Kaeda_Yoshii123

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Aw~It's okay, I'll just have to add beautifly to my team as a replacement :)

19. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Update. A few Pokémon have been removed, and some extra rules added.

20. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I'm not sure if its already implied, but is Moody banned with Glalie? If its not, I'd highly suggest it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.