1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

*Skateboards into the Q&A section* Waddup, fellow nerds?

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Mandriel, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I snack too much. Even though there hardly being any real snacks in our kitchen, that can't stop me. I think my entire family has a bit of a snacking problem, in fact. Whenever there's any kind of nice snack (though this mostly happens with cookies and biscuits), it'll be gone within a day or two.

I actually really love iced tea! We've tried (and mostly of the time failed) to make homemade iced tea, so we usually just buy it from the store. My personal favourites are the peach and mango flavours.

I'm not too into science, but I think the spectrum of light interesting. I never fully understood it when we were being taught it, but I thought it was pretty cool. I think more about the colour spectrum, though :P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    :: How much can you think about something (or multiple things) before you think your brain wouldn't be able to handle much more?

:: What was your fondest memory, and why?

:: Where do birds go when it rains?

3. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    What do you know about dogs? Anything interesting?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    I usually can't think of more than one thing at a time. I often just have one train of thought that goes on for so long, I end up having no idea how I got from one thing to something completely different, and then I end up having trains of thought about my train of thought as I try and unravel my previous train of thought. It's really fun confusing myself.

I don't really remember what my fondest memory is, as sad as that sounds. I'm much better at remembering embarrassing or otherwise unpleasant memories, though I think the fondest memory that I can remember is my school's Drama Night.

Basically, last year our drama classes split up into groups of 4 to devise our own play that was to run 5-10 minutes. I was lucky to end up with the only other three people in our class who actually put work into group projects, making the process much less frustrating.

So we decided to focus our play on the subject of human trafficking and objectification based on a stimulus given to us by our teacher that we eventually ignored. The plot was reworked almost every lesson, but we decided on the general idea: An abused boy finds himself relating to a woman who's been bought and sold. I don't know how, but I ended up playing the angry, abusive father. Somehow, we also managed to warp our play into some kind of black comedy, leading to extreme mood whiplash as the story went on.

So then Drama Night came around, and we were all really nervous. None of us had ever performed in front of a large audience (only about 30-40 people but still) before and none of us had rehearsed the entire thing on a stage with props, so we weren't completely sure how it was going to turn out.

A few minutes in, there was a part where I was supposed to kick a chair in anger. In the seconds leading up to that part, I spontaneously decided that kicking it wouldn't look natural enough, so I instead picked the chair up and hurled it across the stage, breaking the corner of it off. I carried on as if nothing had happened, though for the rest of the play, I was wondering whether or not I'd have to pay for it. I was also meant to swear three times, but upon realising that no other play had a single cuss word in it, I cut it down to two. I don't think it made much of a difference in the long run as I still horrified both my parents and my drama teacher, and they said I was genuinely scary. I don't know whether I should be concerned or flattered that I'm so good at playing horrible, abusive fathers.

So basically, I ended up breaking a chair, dropping two f-bombs and several more 'Jesus Christ's and 'goddamn's in front of the vice principal of my school. Everybody agreed that our production was the best one that evening.

And I didn't even have to pay for breaking the chair.

When it rains, birds go to the Bird Dimension where it's nice and dry. Those who don't reach the Bird Dimension in time are left to suffer in our world until the rain stops. At least, that's what I was taught.

I don't know too much about dogs in general, but I do know that they're beautiful, pure creatures. We've got two of them, so I also know that they're a lot of work and after a few years, the sound of their barking gets really annoying. I would show some pictures of them, but I have no clue how to post pictures here.

5. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    How are you doing today?

Did you have a good day and week?

6. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    :: What would you consider to be your 'dream job', and why?

:: Do you enjoy puzzles at all? If so, which kind(s) do you prefer? If not, why not?

:: What's the craziest snack idea you've ever brought to a party or other social gathering?

7. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    I'm doing sort of okay today. As in, I have a lot of work to do and I'm having trouble doing all of it. But the day's only just getting started over here, so I can't say that I'm going to have a bad day just yet.

Well, I've had a slightly less than alright week due to all the work I've been leaving until the last minute. I really need to learn better time management skills soon. But that's not to say I haven't been enjoying myself other times. The little things in life are making me happy while the big things like the due dates of assignments are keeping me stressed.

8. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    If you could have one wish what would it be?

Favorite singer?

Noodles or Pasta?

9. Seprix

Seprix Patron Sint

PokéPoints:
    ₽115.8
    Hello. I also have what you have. If you have any questions about it or want to talk about it for whatever reason, you probably know various ways in which to communicate with me.

Questions.

Have you ever eaten a bug by accident?

What was the best moment in your life ever?

Are you gangsta?

10. JohtoChimes

Weatherly
    (Castform (Water))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.0
    Firstly, I'm autistic too :) horray. What is your favorite book? and do you like multiple choice quizzes?

11. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    My dream job would probably be an author/artist, switching between writing graphic novels and regular novels. For a more stable career, I'd like to be an editor or publisher for novels. Basically, I would love somebody to pay me to read.

I actually really love puzzles! I really like sudoku, but I've been playing a lot of picross lately. I find solving a puzzle immensely satisfying, even though its hardly rewarding in real life. I used to play a lot more sudoku but not so much lately.

In all honesty, I'm not usually the person who brings the snacks to gatherings, so I can't really give a proper answer for this one. My parents always make overly fancy foods for gatherings that I never eat because they have things like chickpeas or avocados in them, which are foods I really don't like, but I'd hardly call that crazy.

Other than have infinite wishes, I would probably wish for the ability to give my undivided attention to things. That way, when I sit down to do a project, I could actually get it finished for once. That would make my life so much easier.

This one keeps changing, but right now I've been listening to a lot of Panic! At the Disco and so it's currently Brendon Urie, the lead singer. I'm pretty darn impressed by his vocal range (more impressive than my own, at least). I currently have Death of a Bachelor playing on repeat in my head.

Now that's a difficult question... But I think I'm going to have to go with pasta. Nothing beats my love for carbonara sauce! I quite like bolognese sauce too, but I've eaten too much of it that I don't love it as much as I used to.

That's pretty awesome, nice to meet you!

I can't recall ever eating a bug by accident, but maybe I just never noticed when I did. I've eaten ants on purpose on once occasion because my brother said they tasted like pepper (they kind of did, but that might have been them biting my tongue). Most of the time, I do my best to keep creepy crawlies as far away from my mouth as possible. Heck, I like to keep them as far away from me as I can. I might have eaten a leg here and there that may have fallen into my food by accident, but I really have no idea.

Well, I previously described my fondest memory, but I think that's a little different to the best moment in my life. I'm tempted to go with 'the moment I was born', but that's a bit of a cop-out. But I suppose one of the best moments of my life was when I got myself out of a toxic friendship. True, it wasn't particularly joyous for everybody, but this is asking 'best', not 'happiest'. I think the best thing about it was the fact that I was really being assertive, something that I've had a lot of trouble with being for years. The fact that she was a really old friend on mine made it a lot harder, but i felt better in the long run nonetheless.

Of course, this took several moments as she kept trying to cling on to me. Most of those moments were extremely unpleasant, but the end result had me feeling a lot more free.

I am probably the least gangsta person you will ever meet. I'm far from being Team Skull. I'm not sure about me being a gangster, either. As in being a 1920s gang member during the Prohibition times. Those are the only two gangsta/gangsters I ever have in mind and I am definitely not either.

Nice to meet you too, it's pretty amazing all the people you can find on the internet :P

Favourite book? That's a really hard question... I'd have to say one of the Percy Jackson books; it's a great series. The author is able to balance humour and drama exceptionally well and I found myself loving all of the characters. As well as that, it'a all about Greek mythology, which is one of my passions so that's an added bonus. I find the fact that all the heroes have a form of ADHD and dyslexia really interesting too, you usually don't find books with that.

Multiple choice quizzes are great! The answer is right there in front of you and if you don't know what it is, you can just guess and you have a slightly higher chance of getting it right than if this was any other quiz (except perhaps a true or false quiz, but I don't think I've ever been tested with one of those)!

12. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Have you thought of doing journalistic writing?

13. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    I have considered it before, but I prefer creative writing. I think I'm a lot better at writing creatively.

14. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Have you ever had your writing featured?

15. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Do you like pizza?

Which is/was your fav subject in high school?

16. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    - Ahoy! Do you prefer pirates or sailors?

- What is one thing you wish people around you would do more often?

- Ho-Oh or Lugia?

17. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    If I ever have, I was never aware of it. None of my writing has seemed to gain too much attention, minus these two parodies I wrote, one which I deleted since it was garbage and not a very good parody. I've only written on Fanfiction.net, Archive of Our Own and Wattpad, the former two I don't think have featured stories and with the latter, I was really young when I wrote on it and none of my stories got many views.

Pizza is one of the greatest foods to ever be invented. My favourite is either Hawaiian or chicken. I know, I'm one of those people who likes pineapple on pizza.

My favourite subject used to be drama, but I had to drop it as I wasn't too good at writing essays for that subject and at the time, I was doing 5 major works, which was more than I could complete by the end of the year. Currently, my favourite subject is Extension English since it's a more critical study on literature and it's a lot more fun than the standard English subjects. That last sentence made me sound like such a nerd...

Pirates! Definitely pirates, aye! Though my opinion might be a little biased at the moment as I've been binge watching Once Upon a Time with my family and my favourite character is a pirate. A life of piracy sounds a lot more exciting, though.

Since I'm pretty sensitive to sound, I wish people will be more quiet. There's always that one person on the bus or train who's talking obnoxiously loudly into their phone, or people who feel the need to talk loudly about things that you don't really care about but you're too polite to tell them that. My sister tends to raise her voice a lot, but that's more due to anger issues more than anything else. I also wish that people will turn their music down during parties as everyone can hear the song just fine and it doesn't need to be any louder.

That's a tough question; both are awesome and majestic birbs. But I think I'm going to have to say Ho-Oh. I mean, it's a giant fiery rainbow bird. The living epitome of beauty and majesty.

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ likes this.
  18. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    This is very, very personal; feel free to not answer! I'm just very curious.

What made you be so open about ASD?

Does ASD let you define who you are? Or do you make it?

Do people bully you're open about ASD?

19. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    As artist, what is your personal objetive here at Lake Valor?

20. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Don't worry, I don't mind questions that are a bit personal :)

I think that since I was diagnosed at a young age, it was something I was used to. Granted, it took me a while to fully understand what it entailed and how it affected me. I did tell my friends that I had autism, though I never really thought too much about it until I was around 15. I never thought that it was something to be ashamed of; it's not something that you choose and it's not as if it makes one any less of a person.

I think I might be so open about it because of people's expectations on what an autistic person 'should' act like. In the media, the only autistics (fictional or real) portrayed are shown as either nonverbal and dependent or hailed as geniuses. Since so many people around me have those ideas about autism, I think it's important for them to see firsthand that it's a diverse spectrum where people have varying symptoms.

Although having autism is part of my identity, it's not necessarily who I am. It doesn't shape my interests or personality, just the way that I interact with people and how I fare in different situations. I know that autism has had an effect in shaping who I am, but it doesn't make me who I am, if that makes any sense.

I don't tend to announce that I have ASD to people, unless it's somehow brought up in conversation. All the same, one of my friends did say he was surprised I was so open about it. I was bullied throughout primary school, but my classmates didn't know I had ASD. That was more because I my only friend was a girl who I'm pretty certain also has ASD. That and my poor social skills led to a unpleasant five years until we reached high school.

In my high school, there's minimal bullying in my grade. Even if I hadn't learned to adapt to function better in social situations, I doubt people would have bullied me. Though that may be because my grade is unusually chill.

I suppose I don't have too much of an objective other than simply spreading my art and hoping it brings a little bit of excitement to someone's day. Granted, I haven't had much time to write or draw recently as I'm going through my final year of high school at the moment. But nonetheless, I just want to make people happy, as corny as that might sound.

Shada and Xarn like this.