1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Black Garden | Closed, please go to 2.0 |

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by LassusVulpes, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    "Yeah, before anythin' else," Grenfell interrupted after listening to the interesting conversation. He was a bit disturbed by the 'their lives will end shortly after' part, but shrugged it off for the time being. "Do 'ya have at least an inkling why these… undesirables began to appear in the first place, and why they seem to always come after us?" the Grovyle asked with an annoyed sigh. Happy nodded at the question, having floated back to Grenfell, and zipped up and down as if the spirit was nodding its head.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Alaunus was both surprised and disturbed by many things at the moment, but the sudden entity that appeared before them, and the words they spoke, definitely were the main cause. Just when he thought he was getting used to things being strange and unpredictable, a new oddity presents itself. He heard as it answers Maokaws question with a disturbing response. Alaunus was running it's response through his brain, attempting to analise it and hoping it wasn't literal. Soon enough, he heard Grenfell ask the entety a question of his own. Realizing that the being was waiting for them to ask it questions, he decided to ask it as well.

'But what should I ask?' He thought to himself. 'It already gave us a response on how to kill it, so no point in asking again. Grenfell is asking about the creatures themselves, so theres no need. I could just ask the creature about the effects of the corruption and how it works, but... I don't think I want to know the answer to that. No, I need to ask for something that would help, something we need.'

"And while you answer that, can you tell us if there's an alternate way to beat them? I know you've given us the answer to permanently remove them, but is there another way to beast them, or slow them down, hell, even a temporary one? Or at the very least, is there a way to buy us some time?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    The tiki cracked its bones into place and placed its finger on its chin. "Hmm . . . Interesting questions." Its neck snapped and its head fell off to his shoulders. "I'll answer the mushroom first. . . There's a few ways to kill them, one is just to find their main core, And grab it, and destroy it. But that requires a lot of force. But looking at your arms, you seem to lack the force to do that." The tiki snickered. "You can also just go the basic way of using a type advantage against them to break them, this only works on corrupted Pokémon, it does not work on the wanderers . But just remember, their types change once corrupted, a grass type can become a fire type, but all of them become dark and ghost types. They do not hold by the same rules as us normal. They also get as many attacks as they please. But the final way, this one cannot kill, only temporarily stun. And that is the tomes, like I. Once you befriend one, we shall grant you a relic, and you can cast us to stun enemies, damage them, or make them fear you. But I do not trust you so far, so I shall keep my relic to myself. "

"And now for the . . . tree? These wanderers and corrupted were made by a very dangerous foe, whos goal is to kill as many as they can, so they do not lose their strength. As they kill, the wanderers are made . They're made with gems that were broken, that forge together to make beasts . Some group together a bit . . . too well. And for as why they're going after you. That is a question you'll have to ask yourself. Anywho, tata!~" The tiki rose its arms to the air , letting out a devilish scream that echoed around the halls and vanished back into the bull. The leaves in the room dance around, and the iced roof cracks and drops a large chunk of ice next to Maokaw. "Well , since we already had a rude wake up call. we should get goin." Maokaw calls and starts to walk forward.

4. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    The longer this situation dragged on, the more confused he'd gotten. Wanderers, Tomes, Relics, they were all confusing to him. Every time he would get an answer to a question, he'd be left with many more questions. If it wasn't for their sense of urgency, he'd attempt to makes sense of all the information he has received up until this point.

"Well since we already had a rude wake up call. We should get goin" The snake spoke up, beginning to make his out of the room. Seeing as he really didn't have a choice in the matter, he began following.

"Really, you're not even the least bit disturbed by what just happened? We just got visited by a very strange and shady character who just called me a mushroom, who just had answers to our questions. Honestly, I assumed you were gonna just run after that thing, with no regards to your own safety. Wouldn't be the first time you've done something just as stupid." Alaunus spoke to Maokaw.

5. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    (apologies for messing with the responding order)

The damn statue didn't answer the other question! Grenfell thought as he tch'ed, turning to the conversation that started between Alaunus and the Snivy. "Called me a tree, can't say he's wrong though; our species are known as protectors of the forest," the Grovyle muttered as Happy flittered past him, around the Sneasel and towards the Ralts (who's turning out to become the spirit's favourite hangout, he mused).

6. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    "We don't have time to question the abnormal anymore, right now we have one direction." His voice was cold and dead. He hears the sound of metal creaking and turns to see the bull standing. "Say bull, why are you here, Shouldn't you be in the forest?" The bulls blows smoke out of its nose. "The forest didn't need me, and I sensed something else in this area. Something. . . Oozing." The bull scrapped its horns on the floor as it walked forward to where it smashed through the ice. "There's a force here that I need to deal with, and you have something driving you here. I'll walk with you until we get there, but just know I have taken care of a good amount of the foes already."

"Uhm, what are we to expect?" Asked Loki. "Long halls, doors that lead nowhere, and traps, lots and lots of traps." As the group walked through the walls cracked and worn of age, branches poking out , dimly lit by small jars filled with fireflies. Turning a corner, a large wooden tree sat, lit ablaze in its eye "A treevent." Maokaw muttered. He readied a pole , but to his surprise the bull placed its horn in his way. "Save your energy."

The bull strikes the wooden floor with its hooves and charged at the treevent, as the treevent turned it was met by a large metal horn pierced through its eye. A blood curdling scream echos around the halls, followed by a large gust of wind. "Treevents always have the same weakness, break their eye. And they're dead."

7. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Watching as the bull charges the Treevent, Alaunus smiles as the thought of them taking care of the small fries for them. While Alaunus was glad to hear that the bull had taken care of a lot of enemies, he wasn't so enthusiastic about there being a lot of traps in the vicinity. On the bright side, his psychic pulses are able to pick up most traps and oddities around him. So far, there hasn't been any serious problems aside from the Treevent. His psychic pulses have been picking up on random things up ahead. Some rubble, the occasional debris, some random rocks, nothing really strange so far. It was after turning a corner when his pulse picked up on something serious.

"Hold on!" Alaunus suddenly raised his voice, walking ahead of Maokaw. He walked a few steps ahead, then crouched down. "There's a trap right here. A classic string trio wire trap. It seems that if you break the string, some rocks will fall from the ceiling. Just... walk over the wire, and try not to accidentally snap it after I've warned you about it."

8. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Grenfell winced despite himself as he watched the living wood scream and wither. "Break their eye and they're dead," the bull mentioned. "Good to know," the Grovyle muttered in reply.
    As they veered round another corner, the group was suddenly halted by an alarmed Alaunus. Hearing the psychic's warning the grass-type quickly tread over the tripwire, and minute sigh of relief escaped him as the trap didn't activate as he passed through.

9. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Halting in his step as the Mushroom calls out. "Oi Bull, are you able to pass?" Maokaw asked. THe bull stared at the thin wire and steps over and turns back. "No, i'm horribly and graphicly stuck . . . yes I can pass, it's the easiest trick in the book." Maokaw sighed and hops over, followed by Loki. As they walked in silence Loki broke the silence. "So, what're we gonna want to expect?" The bull walked in silence before coming to thought. "Hell. These creatures are much stronger then their normal varients, most swap typing meaning you're gonna have a harder time against them. Unlike before, you'll deal less damage, as most grass lit ablaze, and now are fire types. They also get more moves then us. Much trickier to fight. But each have weaknesses, just takes time to learn them ."

Maokaw breaks the bulls speech, "Have you seen this creature that we need to fight?" He twirls a pole in his hand . "I didn't get to see it's species. . . But i've seen it's overcasting shadow, it's large, broad, wide, and has a stick hanging out its mouth. " Maokaw stared ahead as he walked, stepping over potential traps. Eventually the group walks into a large room, the ceiling almost touched the sky. Inside, draconic runes were scattered across the room, and a large image of a dragon.

Maokaw and Loki walk forward looking at the runes, some were struck apart and splintered. Some were just of Pokémon, while others were of unfamiliar objects, one being a knife curving onto its own hilt. "These are . .. Strange." Loki mutters. Maokaw walks towards the dragon and looks at the symbols, none of them made sense.

10. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Alaunus was just as confused as everyone else when he entered the room, unable to make heads or tails on the drawing or runes. He attempted to inspect one, but for the life of him, he couldn't figure it out. Walking around, he looks at the large image of the dragon, then back at the bull. He currently didn't know what the heck was going on, but maybe the bull did.

"Hey, bull... where the heck are we, and do you have any idea what all these drawings and runes are?" Alaunus spoke, looking at the bull as he spoke. "You seem to more more about the situation at hand better then the rest of us do".

11. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    "FIre types, huh…" Grenfell muttered as the group entered a new chamber, Happy immediately zipping around the open space. Eyeing the grandiose writings scattered around the room then the magnificent dragon at the centre, the Grovyle couldn't help but feel amazed and… something else.
    "…where the heck are we, and do you have any idea what all these drawings and runes are?" he heard Alaunus ask the bull. The grass-type tuned in to their conversation, though his eyes still roamed the grand artwork inscribed along the walls.

12. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★

¨Not a damned clue." The bull spoke ¨All I know, is weŕe in the grand tree, where angels go to die." The Bull was calmed but a slight rasp was in his voice. As the group looked at the foreign images, Maokaw took the first initiative, as moved his hand forward. Loki batted an eye to him and the Bull backs off. Maokaw touched the wood, and jolted back with a slight sizzle tone from his mouth "It's . . .Hot." He mutters. "Hot? But how, we're underground, and it looks more dead than dabbing!" Loki questioned.
    It wasn't long before the entire runes broke ablaze and shot flames across the ceiling. The flare made a devilish face before breaking apart leaving a giant hole in the wall, Maokaw stared forward from which the wall had just been. "Tch, and this is where our paths end . . ." The bull mutters. "I have my own task, you have yours. Don't strive off the lighted path. . And i'll see you at the gates of heaven, once this fight is over." The bull walks forward through the hole, a black ooze engulfs him. "Tch" Maokaw spat at the ground and started to follow "Wait!" Loki calls out. Grabbing a rock off the ground, and throwing it in the ooze. "Ow!" The bulls voice called out. "That was rude!"

Maokaw snickered as Loki frantically tried to apologize. He walked forward and stuck his hand in, a warm but empty feeling met him and he walked forward entering the ooze completely. It felt as if he was drifting through space, but the feeling didn't last long as he walked into a new terrain. Upon emerging from Satan's piss, the black ooze turns to dust right off of him , as if it couldn't stay in this realm for long.

Maokaw glanced around as Loki entered the area , A polished stone room with the marks from before battered around on the seam of the room, a flight of stairs on his left that seemed to curve endlessly. He started his venture down the stairs, looking over the Banister , A large room smoothed out in a large cylinder, another large cylinder in the middle, only lit up by long tiki torches burning blue. He admired the beauty of the room, until he saw it. . .

A large amalgamation of purple veins, exposed long teeth, black blood, and torn rotten flesh, wrapped in a bubbling bundle of agony. Loki followed Maokaws eyes and nearly threw up. "What in gods hellish world is that . .?" Maokaw muttered. As he stared his peripherals caught something. He watched as the bull jump off the circular ledge , "Good luck!" The bulls voice trailed off.

The bull lands on its feet and walks forward, a red ooze dripped off the walls of the halls the bull walked. All he heard were the echoes of his hooves striking the ground. Standing afoot a door, the bull starred up."Pásßwó®ð?" The door called out. "Fuck off." The bull called. Its horns grew big and red and flame erupted from its hooves as it smashes right through the door sending blisters flying like daggers to anything it the room.

"Well, Well, Well, Well, Well, WELLWELLWELL! What a grand entrance I must say~" A voice called out. "I'm not here to talk demon." The bull stared at the room, barely lit by his flames. "Awww that's so saaadd." A clacking sound is heard as a black humanoid figure appears, its face drooped and jagged, long claws for hands and feet that seemed to have no fine point. A large black wing on its right shoulder. The being walked forward and stood in the middle of the room placing one hand on its chest on one on its back. "Greetings lord Bull." The figure bowed. "I am Inara Malum, some call me a Devil, some call me the being. But . . I call myself a Saint." The Figure raised from its bow. "I am the being of god and death, only here to add balance to this cursed world." Inara twirled its claws around and a large purple scyte formed in their hands that arched over their head. "Well if you don't wish to talk . . .Guess i'll have to rip you LIMB FROM LIMB, AND ORGAN TO ORGAN!" Inara crackled and screamed in joy as it grabbed its face clawing at its own eyes, black blood drops to the ground and Inara bites off one of its own fingers. Standing on the toes of its feet it arches forward, before standing straight, licking its lips and looking the bull in the face. "come."

13. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    'Grand tree? Where angels go to die?' Alaunus thought to himself, trying to make any semblance of sense as to what the bull just told him. He's never heard of anything about a 'Grand tree' so he's unsurprisingly drawing a blank to his current position. All he knew is that he jumped into a hole somewhere in town, only to end up where he is currently. 'Guess I'll have to figure that out as well.'

After his small train of though, he let's out a small sigh, as he then watches Maokaw walk up to one of the runes and touched it. He was sure no one expected the bloody thing to ignite ablaze and fly across the ceiling, leaving a massive hole in one of the walls.

'Guess it's a good thing i didn't touch one of the other runes then.'
    He thought to himself as the flames dies away.

He then watched as the bull walked through the hole, followed by Maokaw and Loki. This alone gave Alaunus another mild headache. He was beginning to get sick of going into possibly dangerous unknown territory, but he knew that they could no longer turn back at this point. Knowing that this was possibly their only path, he walked into the hole, following the other three. Once at the other side, he quickly spotted the large amalgamation in all it's grotesque horror.

"How did I know this was going to happen!? I swear everywhere we go it's just more abominations to fight! I'm starting to get sick of this!" Alaunus exclaimed, readying for yet another fight.

14. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    "As you've heard, we've been dealing with this kind of stuff for the past day or two," Grenfell mirthfully answered the Sneasel's question as he shook off the last of the quickly fading gunge. The grass-type winced slightly upon staring at the creature again, but quickly righted himself as he felt Happy hiding behind his tails. Testing the waters again the Grovyle began with a Wind Slash aimed directly at one of the larger veins.

15. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    "Look, I know there's been a lot of fights recently. And hopefully, we get some time off. But if we want to at least sleep tonight, we have to slaughter this thing, or more of those wolves come out. Maokaw grabbed a poll and looked down the long staircase, as he was looking, a skeleton caught his eye. He walked over and checked for anything of value, after a small search he bends down and grabs a medium sized leather bag. He opens it and the contents inside surprised him

Medium sized spheres with black wicks with splashes of blood on each ball . He moved close and smelt it. A sudden stench caught his nose and he backs off. "Stink bombs . .." He muttered. "Oi Grenfell." Maokaw tied the bag shut. "Don't fuck around with these, they're stink bombs. I figured since you're the trickster of this group, you'd be best suited with these."

16. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    "You don't say!? I thought it was obvious that we need to get rid of that thing." Alaunus spoke, looking at the giant amalgamation. Seeing as now was as good a time as any to try out the new weapons that Maokaw gave him, he opened the bag and quickly grabbed a lot of them with his psychic abilities. Without wasting any time, he quickly unleashed the needles upon the cursed creature. It was quickly apparent, that the needle barrage did little to nothing to the massive being. It was simply too big for the needles to do much real damage, but upon looking at the creatures purple veins, Alaunus quickly came up with a different plan. He quickly re-assembled the shot needles, and tried to put his new plan into action. Rather then tossing every needle at his enemy in one quick barrage, he decided to pair the needles close to one another, and utilized the needles to slash at the massive creatures veins in a swift and sharp attack. Seeing no reason to stop his assault, he continued to cut each and every visible vein the creature had. Alaunus was a bit sloppy at first, with some needles not exactly following the last ones pattern, but the more he cut, the more orderly and precise his needleworks cut.

With all the veins Alaunus was cutting, the creature was bleeding its repulsive black blood everywhere. Just like the Amalgamation looked, its blood reeked of rotten meat. The smell alone was nauseous, and would've made Alaunus gag, but he was too focused on the Amalgamation, knowing that it would attack soon.

17. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    "Thanks, I guess?" Grenfell said, taking the sack filled with the projectiles. To be honest it wasn't really his style to use such stuff; some stupid nature thing causes them to be poison-typed, which is quite difficult for a grass-type like him to handle. Eh, it's just like water balloons, but stronger, the Grovyle thought as he slung the bag across his shoulder.
    He then noticed Alaunus using some needles to sever more of the strange veins. Seeing as the one he slashed earlier was also spilling goopy liquid, he decided to help the psychic cut by unleashing a few more Air Slashes to veins the Ralts may have missed.

18. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    "Are you two serious?? We could've done a big attack while it was completely asleep!" Maokaw calls out, as he runs down the stairs. "I mean. looks asleep to me." Loki calls out and shrugs. "Yeah , have someone cut at your arms and tell me if you're sleeping." Maokaw snaps back. Maokaw readies his scythe and readies it. "I can really see that you're both a snake in appearance, but also in tongue. . ." Loki mutters . Maokaw sighs and looks back at the leaky egg sack

"We only have so long till it erupts. let's make the most of it." Maokaw enters a stance and starts making lots of scythes crawl around his pole, The pole started to weigh more and slump onto the ground. It grew brighter and brighter , but heavier and heavier, much like a broadsword. "Bring it." He raises it over his head, and the weight of the blade pulls him forward and with a small twirl . . . He gets pushed out of the way by an unexpected force, and tips onto his side the blade slicing the side of the creature and mere inches away from the party.

The pole rattles and the energy breaks , Maokaw looks up in a dazed anger behind him, to see Loki standing in his place. "What in gods red earth do you think you're doing?!" Maokaw yells , his voice echoes around the chamber. Seconds pass as Loki stands there in a daze, his hands still out stretched. Maokaw kicks him in the shin and Loki shakes his head "whaziupda" Loki mutters. "Don't act like you don't know, you just cost us a big strike."

Maokaw looks back at the egg sack and sees it starting to move. He picks up his pole and activates its scythe . The egg sack twitches and bulges , folding in on itself as if eating away what's hidden underneath. Maokaw felt a sudden weight on his chest, as the creature emerged. A . .. .

*dramatic*

*more dramatic*

Shiftry stands in the middle, motionless in a broken sit like a doll rested against the wall, hollowed eyes, its hair a wooden texture with cracks in it, their leaves withered and decayed, and their body a crimson filled with holes. Maokaw was about to swing when something caught his attention, while the body didn't move , it's mouth did, it was mouthing something. It wasn't long till it was given a voice.

A cold, dried out voice, filled the room , Like a person's last dying breaths it spoke.

"Hribughhhhhh, Maaaáááókáw, Lø©két RÉmɵbé® méÉéééÉ" The Shiftry cracks its neck making sudden and stiff movements

Maokaw felt a sharp pain in his chest and felt his own air leave his body faster then it enters, he started to breath hard almost gasping for it. Tears start roaring down Maokaws face, Loki looks at Maokaw in shock "Wow, this is the first time i've ever seen him show emotion" Loki looks back at the Shiftry and notices the ooze was growing back. Loki starts to shoot ice but is shortly interupted

"lØœØkÍííÍÍ, Høw ©óúlð yóú hávé bét®áyéð uß?" The shiftry continues to crack and shift, like a puppet being controlled by its strings.

"ÁláÑúß, stáü hé®é , áñð ðóñ;t léávé thé hóúßé tíll í ©ómé bá©kkk"

" G®éééñfll , t®áitó® , , t®áitó® T®ÁÍTO®. "

Loki grabs his head and scratches at his head as Maokaw punches the ground. "Hes. . .. using. . . our. . . .fears. .. against us." His tears splashed his fist as he looks at the beast, their ooze grows more and more.

(edit: swapped song)

#438 May 24, 2021
    Last edited: May 25, 2021
  19. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Seeing as how a Shiftry emerged from the pod thing, Alaunus slowed down his assault on the amalgamation in order to see what it capable of doing. Much like everyone else, he was about to attack it, until it began speaking. Most of it made no sense to him, until he heard one line.

"ÁláÑúß, stáü hé®é , áñð ðóñ;t léávé thé hóúßé tíll í ©ómé bá©kkk" The Amalgamation spoke.

Once those words left the creatures vile mouth, Alaunus heart sank for a second. His blank mind dropping his needles onto the floor with small *Tings* filling the room. He knew that while it wasn't his exact words, the way it spoke and its tone was just the same as his father. Rather than sadness, he only felt anger. Specifically towards the creature that spoke.

"SHUT UP!" Alaunus shouted, quickly grabbing the monster with his psyonics, and throwing it against the ceiling. Once the sound of the loud impact was heard, Alaunus then threw him back onto the ground, leaving a noticeable crater. "DON'T EVER SPEAK IN THAT TONE!"

Seeing as the creature was back on the ground, Alaunus quickly remembered his needles, and grabbed every single one of them. Without much thought, he threw every single one of them at the Shiftry. Eyes, throat, and anything else that looked vital, was stabbed thorough by the needles. "HE'S DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU BASTARDS!"

20. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Grenfell winced slightly, but stayed resolute. Old wounds can still hurt, though not so much. Fresh ones, on the other hand…
    Hearing the clatter of needles, the Grovyle turned to his shortest companion and was surprised to see him so angry. A thud alerted him to their current foe, and he whistled in approval at the damage which no doubt came from the psychic. "Damn that Ralts is strong," he murmured while sharpening his leaves, preparing to jump at the Shiftry in case Alaunus' attack didn't work.

#440 Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021