1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

⊰✧ Deltheor's Drawings ✧⊱

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Deltheor, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Comment replies under the spoiler tag!
    Thanks a ton, that means a lot to me!

Thanks so much, Steam! I love making fusions, so I'll definitely be making more in the future.

I could name a ton of much better artists, but I'm very glad you like my stuff! I always try to put a lot of effort into my drawings, so I'm glad that comes across well. I love drawing, even if it's just for fun!

I've been busy with appointments and whatnot this week, on top of working on a commission and another large piece, so I haven't had too much to post. I did some sketches for practice with perspective, and I liked one of them enough to refine into an actual drawing-

[​IMG]

I've been on a Pride kick lately, haha. I love drawing Pride's shadows, they're honestly really fun to draw! I don't do cel-shading too much, but I do enjoy it all the same. I still prefer more realistic shading, but it's fun to try out different styles of shading once in a while.

Fun fact: the filename for this was "asshole child.psd"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    Senpaii your art is so clean! I have to ask though, how on earth do you create those organic textures on things like your Pokémon art? It always fathoms me and looks so good!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thank you Aqua! Most of the textures I learned how to draw are from lots of practice- such as the feathers and fur that I draw quite a bit. Other than that, sometimes I use a watercolor-like texture to give a piece some extra needed texture.

Anyway, I've been watching Steven Universe a lot lately, and I finally got around to making my own Gem character! I based him after Turquoise since I love how Turquoise looks, with the greenish-blues and whatnot.

[​IMG]

I tried to imitate the style of the show, and I tried to get the text right as well. It's a really fun and fluid style, it's fun to draw in styles different from my own once in a while. I may draw him again in the future, but for now, I really like his design! It took a while to get right, but I think it came out really well overall.

That's it for now! Feel free to leave a comment if you want, and thanks for stopping by!

4. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Here's another quick drawing that I did inbetween commissions! I'll probably be doing a lot of Kingdom Hearts fanart in the future because I'm really excited for KH3, haha.

[​IMG]

not those guns, sora

I've had this idea in mind ever since I saw the Keyblade transformations in this year's E3 trailer, haha. I mostly used this as color practice, and even though it's simple, I like how it came out!

I still have yet to figure out how Sora's hair works, though. Maybe one day I'll be able to draw it properly.

Smooshie and Ravenide like this.
  5. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    Haven't commented in a while, but I've been checking it out. Good work as usual. I never really got into Kingdom Hearts much, I've only played 2 of the games, and both were ones dealing with memories of the previous ones (Chain of Memories for GBA and Re:Coded for DS), but i do respect the series, and art of it.

6. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thank you! Kingdom Hearts is one of my favorite game series, but it is a bit hard to get into because the games are so spread out. I'm glad you like my art regardless, though!

I've been trying to get my commission queue done so I can focus more on my own art and projects, but I did whip this up quickly after seeing the new Corocoro scan of a possible Zygarde form! I personally believe it's a Zygarde form at least. Anyway, I did a quick rendition of it, or at least what I believe it looks like judging by the low-quality scan.

[​IMG]

I accidentally made it needlessly complicated. Whoops. I tend to do that with drawings I intend as "doodles".

I love pieces that have a lot of dramatic lighting and scenery, and I love working on drawings like that even more. They're so much fun to work on, and they more often than not turn out really cool! I like how the colors came out in this one, as well as the giant silhouette of the possible Zygarde form. I didn't want to give it too much detail, since I still don't know what it really looks like, but I wanted to make it at least somewhat recognizable. I think I pulled it off rather well.

Smooshie, Synerjee and Iceixient like this.
  7. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I haven't been drawing too much lately since I've been busy with work and other stuff, but here's some small things I've drawn in the meantime! First up is the background I drew for LV's Oktoberfest theme-

[​IMG]

I had a lot of fun working on this! I love autumn-themed color palettes, so this was a ton of fun to work on. I'm very happy with how it came out, and it looks great on the theme itself!

Next up is a quick concept I sketched out for a Mega Mew design that I might finalize in the future-

[​IMG]

Mew is a really hard Pokémon to make a Mega for, since it's such a simple design to begin with. The DNA-like entwined tails and the bubble-like orbs are elements I definitely wanted to add in, and I like how it looks overall!

As for its ability and stats, I gave it Protean and +20 to all of its stats (minus HP). Mew is a very balanced Pokémon, and with the ability to learn a huge variety of moves, giving it Protean to change its type at will and balanced stats would really make it a tough opponent to deal with, since you never know what it could throw at you.

That's about it for now! I'm working on some other things as well, but they're not quite finished yet.

8542Madness, Smooshie and Synerjee like this.
  8. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Wow, your artworks are so amazing! You are officially my source of inspiration. How long does it take you to do an artwork?

If I may, do you take requests?

9. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thank you very much, I'm glad you like my artwork! The time it takes me to finish really varies depending on the style and subject- typically I can get a piece done in a couple hours or so, but sometimes I take a bit longer to flesh out more details. Or I can just get something simple done in less than an hour. It really varies, it's hard for me to give an exact time because I take a lot of breaks while drawing, haha.

Also, I'm sorry to say but I don't do requests. I wish I had the time, and sometimes I like to get ideas from other people on what to draw, but I barely have time for my own artwork right now because I'm busy with paid commissions and other work I have to get done. I hope you understand.

Anyway, here's some drawings I've done recently in-between commissions and work-

[​IMG]
    I love Undertale a lot, and Sans is one of my favorite characters from the game. I tried my hand at an animated pixel drawing of him, and it didn't turn out too bad! I'm not the best at animating or pixeling, but I like how it came out regardless.

Here's another drawing of Sans I recently finished, as well-

[​IMG]
    what is perspective? the world may never know

I mostly used this as shading practice, and I had no idea what to do for the background so I just messed around with colors and patterns for an hour, haha. Still, it was very fun to work on even if half of the time spent on it was just trying out different styles for the background.

And finally, here's a Xenoblade-themed drawing I did a while ago but recently touched up-

[​IMG]
    This was originally meant to be a signature, but I scrapped the idea and ended up making matching signatures for Nate, Satix, and I. Still, I did like the colors in this drawing, so I touched it up a bit. It's a bit boring pose-wise, but I still enjoy the colors and stuff. Anything with glowing lights is fun to work on, haha.

Anyway, that's it for now! Feel free to leave a comment if you want, and thanks for stopping by!

10. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Oh, I do understand. I didn't mean to seem rude. (Your Ho-Oh artwork is perfect by all means by the way....)

11. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    You weren't rude at all, don't worry about it! And thanks a bunch, I really do love how that one came out, personally.

Anyway, here's a drawing I've been working on for a couple days that I just finished up-

[​IMG]
    "Born in a world of strife! Against the odds! We choose to fight! Blossom Dance!"

Dunban is by far one of my favorite characters from Xenoblade Chronicles, so I had to draw him using his awesome talent art. I didn't make the background too detailed because I wanted to mostly focus on Dunban himself, and I really like how it came out in the end.

That's it for now! Feel free to leave a comment, and thanks for stopping by!

Nate likes this.
  12. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    WOW! That Dunban art is really amazing! By the way, did you make the adoptables? Because your art style for that artwork looks like the one for the adoptables.

13. Ryan Smith

Ryan Smith Animation Writer

PokéPoints:
    ₽391.1
    You sir are an artist. A really good one, I might add.

14. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Comment replies under the spoiler tag!
    Thank you very much! And yes, I drew all of the adoptables in the shop from scratch.

Thanks a bunch, I'm glad you like my artwork!

I recently picked up Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon and I finished the main story a couple days ago. It has destroyed my feelings and I love it. I had to draw my character and partner from the game, because I got way too attached to them, haha.

[​IMG]
    I usually end up starting with a Charmander named Danny in my first runthrough of a new PMD game, since that was the first Pokémon I ever played as back in the first game. I ended up choosing a Treecko named Kaiden since I haven't used one in PMD in ages.

I also was messing around with different styles and effects last week and came up with this drawing of Sans from Undertale. Most of this was just experimental and came about from messing with various filters, but I still like it! It's under a spoiler tag because of mild blood, in case anyone doesn't want to see that-

[​IMG]

I still love how the colors and effects came out, regardless. Anything with a glowing effect is way too much fun to draw!

That's it for now, though! Feel free to leave a comment, and thanks for stopping by!

15. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    You bought Super Mystery Dungeon? That's lucky. In Australia, it doesn't come out until February.

16. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I haven't done a lot of drawing lately since I've been busy with work, but I am working on a couple projects! The main one being a wood carving project I'm slowly finishing, which is a wooden clock base shaped like the Monado from Xenoblade. Here's a bad-quality photo of what I have done so far-

[​IMG]

It's carved out of solid Cherry, and it should have a reddish tint once I've stained and put finish on it. All I really have left to do is finish sanding some parts, burn in the markings, bevel some of the edges, and put the stain and varnish on it. I also have the clock insert that I'm going to put in the largest circular hole once it's done.

Other than that, I have made a few signatures in the past few months that I like. These are my personal favorites-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I especially like how the Bayonetta one came out. I should have some more drawings done quite soon, and I'll update once I'm done with my Monado clock, as well!

17. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I actually finished a drawing, for once! It's just a quick doodle I did that I ended up lining and shading, but I like it nonetheless. It's two of my favorite characters from Xenoblade, Shulk and Reyn-

[​IMG]

I love these two and their friendship. I can't get enough of them, haha. Their clothes are hella annoying to draw, but I managed to somehow pull it off in the end. Seriously, who wears a crop top as armor?!

I also made a short gif of my general drawing process in this piece-

[​IMG]

It's nothing special, but the quality is nice, at least!

shinygiratinaz and 8542Madness like this.
  18. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Wow my friend! You just keep getting better and better! Thank you for being a constant source of inspiration to me!

19. ShiroLugia

ShiroLugia ✂ No Longer Human.

PokéPoints:
    ₽478.5
    Del your art keeps getting better and better! I love seeing how stunning your art turns out. You have to stream it again some time, I love to see your process<3

20. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thank you guys, your comments mean a lot to me! I might end up streaming again in the future once I start working on another larger piece, although that may have to wait until I get a new computer. We'll see how my current one holds up, haha.

Anyway, here are a couple signatures I've completed in the past month or so! I haven't drawn a whole lot lately, so I'm still getting back into the swing of things there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used the Shiranui signature during March, and I'm currently using the Kaze signature now. I tried some different things with both of them, and I really like how they came out overall! The Kaze signature might be my current favorite signature I've made. The signature for [member=Sanctuary] is actually a drawing he commissioned from me several months ago, which I made into a signature and animated. It looks really nice, and he likes it too, which I'm happy about.

That's it for now, though! Feel free to leave a comment, and thanks for stopping by!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.