May I get clarification on how Mega Evolving works? I know about the typings and that Speed changes don't take place until the turn after you Mega Evolve, but I need some clarification with the abilities lol.
When Mega Evolving...
- How do passive abilities (ones that trigger under specific scenarios work) with non-Megas, like Flash Fire on Houndoom, Rough Skin on Garchomp, Justified on Gallade and Lightning Rod on Manectric work? Can they still trigger in the same turn you Mega Evolve? (i.e. if Garchomp Mega Evolves and is attacked directly, does the attacker take Rough Skin damage?)
- Abilities that affect turn order (such as Chlorophyll on Venusaur, Prankster on Sableye), would they still receive their "artificial speed" under their respective scenarios and have the Mega Evolution under their belt? Say if Venusaur Mega Evolves and has Chlorophyll beforehand and it is sunny, he would still have his speed doubled, but also receive the benefits of Thick Fat?
And what about abilities that affect turn order after one has Mega Evolved (i.e. Prankster on Mega Banette)? I'm guessing Prankster doesn't kick in for it until after?
- Finally, with power boosting abilities (let's say Solar Power on Charizard), and then evolves into Charizard Y, would he get his Drought up AND get the Solar Power boost (and then the recoil afterward)?
Also I have some other questions regarding Foul Play.
- Its damage is not affected if the opponent is burned, but if the user is burned because Burn cuts the Attack by half?
- Holding something like a Choice Band or Life Orb still boosts Foul Play by 50% and 30% respectively and in the case of the former, it uses the target's Attack Stat and boosts it by 1.5x?
- And although this one is an oddball (because no Pokemon have this combo legally lol), what happens if a Pokemon with Foul Play has Unaware, but the opponent still has stat boosts in their Attack? Is it still boosted? (I'm curious cause I may get into the "Almost Any Ability" meta lol)