1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pixel, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    [​IMG][​IMG]

So, it's finally confirmed...

Hey guys, Still-awake-at-2AM-super-tired-[member='Aura'] here bringing you the latest news!

During the Pokémon Direct that aired to celebrate Pokémon's 20th anniversary, we were given a glimpse of the newest Pokémon titles; Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

Not much is know about these games yet, and I can confidently say we have almost nothing to go on, but the direct did give us a few interesting details in the less-than-30-seconds they covered it.

1. Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon will most likely be set in a new region, which can be seen in the screenshots from the announcement here, here and here, with buildings, both interior and exterior, having new designs in these concept art.

2. There will be new Pokémon in this game (of course), which is confirmed by this screenshot, which only appeared for a split second, but shows a distinctive Pokémon design that doesn't yet exist.

3. Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon will be coming out in the 2016 Holiday Season. (November/December, i.e. Christmas)

4. Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon will be able to communicate with the Virtual Console releases of Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue and Pokémon Yellow via the Pokémon Bank system, but it is currently unknown if either sets of games (SM or RBY) can communicate with Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.
    EDIT: We now have confirmation that Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow will not be able to communicate with the current Generation 6 titles. Pokémon.com has more info here. (Thanks to [member='Umbra'] for the info)

5. Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon will be playable in 9 different languages. As well as the 7 you can choose from in the Generation 6 titles, Traditional and Simplified Chinese have been added to the roster.

Well, that's it for now! If I missed anything, please inform me below I'm actually tired but I can't sleep; you all know the feeling), and this thread shall be updated by me and my fellow writers [member='Azure'] and [member='Zero Sifr'] *rounds up comrades without prior consent* as soon as new information is announced, so stay tuned!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I'm really excited about this announcement! I've been waiting for new Pokémon games for a long time, and it looks like these new games are going to be amazing. From what little we've seen, it looks great, and I'm interested to learn more about it as the months go on.

Anyway, I've done a lot of thinking, and I've come up with a theory about Pokémon Sun and Moon. It's a bit of a long shot, but I do have evidence to back it up, so there's that at least!

First off, I do find it weird that this is pretty much confirmed to be a new generation, yet Zygarde and its forms have yet to make a major appearance in the games yet. Usually, the third legendary in the main trio gets a game (or games, in regards to BW2 and Kyurem), so this is a bit odd. There are also a lot of mysteries around Kalos that have yet to be talked about. But, as I was going through some evidence, I found some pretty strong hints about what Sun and Moon might be like.

I'll come out and say it: I believe Pokémon Sun and Moon will be the next generation of Pokémon games, but also be tied to Kalos, as well. Basically the Johto of 6th Gen. There are a ton of references to another not-yet-released region in X and Y (ie: the Strange Souvenir), as well as a lot of talk about "Southern Kalos".

There are some unexplored areas as well, such as the locked sections of the Power Plant, and the random train in Couriway Town that doesn't seem to have a purpose. Two moves that are most likely Zygarde's special attacks (Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves) were found hidden in the code, as well. This sort of hints that there is more to Kalos than was revealed in X and Y.

Also, and this is a bit nitpicky- but Kalos had some references to the sun and moon in it, as well. Most notably is the huge Sundial in Anistar City, which the entire city was built around. There was also an NPC in that same city who mentioned that Moondials exist, as well.

It's entirely possible that Pokémon Sun and Moon will be a 2-region game, similar to Gold/Silver/Crystal. At the very least, it will most likely have some ties to the Kalos region, but a game where you travel through "Southern Kalos" (based after southern France/Italy, maybe?) with its own Pokémon and story, and then travel to Kalos to discover Zygarde's secret would be amazing.

Wow, this was a bit more long-winded than I expected. Regardless, take this all with a grain of salt, as it's just idle speculation on my part, haha.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    It has basically been confirmed these are gonna be Gen 7 games, let's look at the evidence (from the official website).
    In the first sentence, it's clearly stated these games mark the beginning of a new era. If you look up the definition, 'era' literally means 'generation'. Which is already evidence enough. It says on the site 'the next generation of Pokémon games is being announced!', but there's more.
    The Pokémon Bank bit suggests Pokémon from XY and ORAS can only be transferred to SM using Pokémon Bank, like with the RBY VC versions. It doesn't literally say that, but it's pretty safe to assume. On the Pokémon Bank info page, it says Pokémon from the VC version of RBY can't be transferred to XY or ORAS. The only reason why they can't be transferred to XY and ORAS but can be transferred to SM would be because the games are fundamentally different. If the games would be from the same Generation, there'd be no reason why these Pokémon couldn't be transferred to XY and ORAS but only SM.
    Finally, they're making big deal of releasing the games in Chinese too, which makes it even more obvious. The Chinese language is not in XY or ORAS, meaning the games won't be using the same core system and wouldn't be possible to put SM Pokémon (with Chinese names for example) back to XY or ORAS so that means SM would be a Gen 7 game.
    Oh and "with a new world, new Pokémon and new adventures to discover!" should already be proof enough lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Megarai111 and Pixel like this.
  4. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Kurisu-chan, you forgot to mention that there seems to be a new Pikachu design in the opening part. It's skinnier, and Pikachu gets skinnier with each gen.

Anyway, I just wanna share my 2c here. Why are there people who insist on this being a gen 6.5 (I seriously don't understand what that's supposed to mean anyway). If it's meaning a new region with a continued story of the previous one, what do these people consider G/S/C? Those continued the first gen story and expanded on their lore. There has already been leaked the 600 base stat legendary of which each gen has one, the possible regoinal influence which is not France (and surprisingly nowhere near Kalos (legit expected Spain)), and the new base bird Pokémon, and all the other things that have already been pointed out, so it's definitely a new region. There is enough other evidence pointed out that this is a new generation.

Also, anyone else pay attention to the battles in the trailer? I love how Whitney's Miltank was one of them.

Megarai111 and Pixel like this.
  5. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    It's so far in the future huhuhu I can't wait for this. And judging from the pics they showed in the announcement, I can already tell it's going to be awesome!

Pixel likes this.
  6. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Camper

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Well, I did have one theory, but it goes against most things everyone else has said... My theory is based solely on the concept art that featured in the teaser, so don't expect it to tie in with Zygarde and all that. In one of the concept art frames, there is a colonial styled building with palm trees around it. Palm trees are very uncommon in Europe, so, if this new region was based off Spain/Southern France/Italy, there shouldn't really be any palm trees. Second, is the old styled cars that are found in some of the concept art. Kalos had quite modern looking vehicles throughout Lumiose city (the taxis), so why would there all of a sudden be older cars in a region next to Kalos with the same technology? Due to these things, my theory is that we are getting a region that is tropical and based off a poorer region of the world, and due to the colonial architecture, it could easily be the Caribbean, or Central America. It's just a theory, and I'm probably wrong, but based on what is featured in the concept art, it is plausible that at the very least we may just get a tropical region (which also happens to be 'sunny' and have clear nights with a bright 'moon').

shinygiratinaz likes this.
  7. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Actually, this isn't true at all. Especially in big cities close to the beach, palm trees are not an uncommon sight. For example, this is Nice Bay in the most southern area of France:

Palm trees are very uncommon in Europe, so, if this new region was based off Spain/Southern France/Italy, there shouldn't really be any palm trees.

[​IMG]
    I was on vacation there last year, the buildings are kind of similar too and were more palm trees in the city too.
    Another example Barcelona, North Eastern Spain:
    [​IMG]
    Again, notice the palm trees and the similarly styled buildings.
    These areas also have a pretty warm climate close to tropical, namely the Mediterranean climate. Some other notable cities that lie within Mediterranean climate zones are Rome, Los Angeles, Perth and Casablanca, for comparison. Now I've not been to all of these cities sadly, but it seems all of them do contain at least a degree of palm trees and all of these countries (except Rome, but I've been to Rome and the buildings are similar there too) are former colonies. Not to mention there's probably cities with similar building types and palm trees in South and Middle America too, so then the new region could be in any of the continents besides Asia.
    Also, if you take a closer look at the vehicles shown in the trailer, you'll notice they're actually trucks:
    [​IMG]
    It looks more like a cartoonified version of a Jeep. These Jeeps, however, could hint to the region being very mountainy (notice the Jeep's large absorbers and tires). Again, the combination of mountains, colonial buildings, (semi)tropical weather and palm trees could be anywhere in the world.
    Would be nice if they would've given us at least some gameplay footage or anything at all...

8. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Honestly, I think the new region will be based on Hawaii. The surreal look of the palm trees has a more tropical feel to it as opposed to a more suburban area. Also did anyone notice that there was a Blastoise on top of the fire truck? Can't wait for more info, I'll try to keep you guys updated as much as possible if other people don't beat me to it.

9. Thunder

Thunder The Alolan Archer

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    I swear I posted here already

I agree with this, if you look closely you can also see one of those tropical hut kind of things, sort of like this.
    [​IMG]
    If you look closely in 3:11 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrMotVZWHSY&t=3m11s of this video, look at the side shot, you can just make out something like that.

10. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    I'm thinking this too, mostly because of one thing: the ID plates on the trucks that were shown.

Here's a Hawaiian license plate: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4jRB2FAGDQdCx9-kSbvuHqyJjrgtaAruPC2NC00I5nEt8LiKt

Now look at the license plates of the trucks that were shown: http://i.imgur.com/yk1D8MC.png

It's the same rainbow in the same place. Furthermore, I can tell you from living there, those kind of half Jeep half truck things are all over Hawaii since there's such varied terrain in the islands. That colonial style architecture is also present in some places in Hawaii, but not many. It's mostly in historical sites in cities.

I don't think this means it must be Hawaii, but I think a Hawaiian islands based region would be super cool for sure.

IGN would have a fit over all that water tho

11. Thunder

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    I have found something, after looking at a new topic on LV, showing trailers for the next movie, I saw something.
    https://youtu.be/nkQUuhfvdjU
    In the 38th second of the video, the truck in the Sun and Moon trailer is shown, at least something similar.
    Any theories of what that could mean?

12. TheBlazingInfernape

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Interesting... maybe Volcanion and Magearna will have something to do with the plot of Sun and Moon? But why was Volcanion's data in X and Y and we never got anything to do with the guy? Furthering on the Hawaii theory that I started... the firetruck with the Blastoise on top was yellow, I think fire trucks in Hawaii are also yellow. (@[member="shinygiratinaz"] if you could confirm this)

13. shinygiratinaz

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    @[member="TheBlazingInfernape"] actually, yeah, the fire trucks I remember seeing were all a day-glow yellow with a silver stripe down them.

Huh. Wouldn't it be hilarious if it turned out to be Hawaii and we called it based on a licence plate and the color of a fire truck xD

14. Thunder

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    And the house! Still, I think it's almost certainly gonna be Hawai, I mean it seems extremely likely!

15. TheBlazingInfernape

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    If it is, me, @[member="shinygiratinaz"] and @[member="Thunder"] are freakin geniuses. Any-who, time for a new discussion topic on this thread.... The bird Pokémon and the water themed building.

Above here is the bird Pokémon I am talking about, this is the one in the trailer. I watched animal documentaries when I was a little Chimchar and I still do when I am bored. But through my knowledge of birds this Pokémon looks similar to a woodpecker.

If you compare an image of a woodpecker and the bird Pokémon in the trailer, you can see the crest on the Pokémon's head is very similar to a woodpecker. Not only that but the beak size is long and narrow, like a woodpecker.

Now for the building.
    [​IMG]

This one. It has silhouettes of Water type Pokémon on the building such as Horsea, Chinchou and a Pokémon that is either Carvanha or Alomamola. Or is it a new Pokémon? I think that this is a gym. The silhouettes could be the Pokémon that the Gym Leader uses. But... here is another theory, an aquarium or an underwater tunnel. Yes like the one in Black 2 and White 2 (which I still think is the coolest thing ever). What are your thoughts? (Sorry for the long post)

16. shinygiratinaz

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    @[member="TheBlazingInfernape"] I think you should make a topic about this tbh. Lake Valor hawaii region 2016 speculation can actually be a thing maybe. As for the building, I'm thinking water type gym. By the fancyness, it might be the gym where you unlock mega evolution as well.

Maantijger likes this.
  17. Thunder

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    Looks like it @[member="shinygiratinaz"]
    Another theory about the woodpecker bird, people on deviantart have used the shape and have made this.
    Some people think it might be a Red Cardinal or something. THen, if you search up Hawaiian Birds, this is what comes up.
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a5/Red-crested_cardinal_-_Oahu.jpgFor endemic species, see Endemic birds of Hawaii. The Hawaiian goose is the official state bird of Hawaii.
    ​Look how similar it looks!
    Here's the link of the page if you don't believe me.
    https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=hawaiian+birds

18. TheBlazingInfernape

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    Maybe so.... I say it would be funny if we called the region being based on Hawaii because of a fire truck, the house, license plates and a bird. I would be dying.

19. Alex Azariya

Alex Azariya The Black Swordsman

PokéPoints:
    ₽463.0
    It looks like a Hawaii based region to me. I just hope the trainer customization makes a comeback, that was amazing and I loved using it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.