1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

My OU Team I've Had Some Success With

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by SLIMJET95, Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLIMJET95

SLIMJET95 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Hey what's up guys I'm showing you guys my OU team that I've made and I've had some success with it. Weather doesn't bother this team much but I kind of want some advice on it. So I'm posting it here for you guys to tell me what I should add in or take out.

[​IMG]
    Swift (Heatran) (M) @ Grass Gem
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 SAtk / 176 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Magma Storm
    - Sunny Day
    - SolarBeam
    - Protect
    Heatran is my answer to most weather in OU. Politoed usually switches in and I just magma storm it allowing to be trapped in (if it hits the target). Then sunny day comes in and since Politoed can't switch its moves wont be doing much to Heatran. Then you SolarBeam which is unleashed plus Grass Gem equals dead Politoed. This set is good but I'm not too sure what to do with Heatran at the moment. I'm thinking about dropping him but he's good for the team.
    [​IMG]
    Terrakion @ Life Orb
    Trait: Justified
    EVs:
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Rock Polish
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    Terrakion is my basic rock polish close combat sweeper and can sweep if my opponent does not have any counters. I did use Salamence over this but Volcarona became a problem and mixmence did not have much to hit it.
    [​IMG]
    Shaymin @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 220 HP / 192 SAtk / 96 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Seed Flare
    - Earth Power
    - Rest
    Shaymin my bulky grass tank. This poke has won me plenty of battles against ground types and water types. This poke adds a surprise factor to the match because most people expect ferrothorn or venusaur in OU. HP ice hits gliscor, dnite, and other dragon types hard.
    [​IMG]
    Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Hydro Pump
    - Surf
    - Secret Sword
    This pony has won me so many games just by itself. Choice scarf allows it to outspeed most pokes in OU and is a great revenge killer. This poke is a staple on most of my teams.
    [​IMG]
    Leonardo (Blastoise) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Rapid Spin
    - Foresight
    - Dragon Tail
    I've been using this over Starmie because I like a rapid spinner with a lot more bulk. Dragon tail also allows me to hit dragon types super effectively and switching them out. I'm not sure if I am going to run this for much longer but it works for me.
    [​IMG]
    Metagross @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Meteor Mash
    - Pursuit
    Who uses metagross nowadays? I've only seen this like twice when I played OU. This poke is good against psychic types and fighting types in OU. This poke also lets me set up my rocks which is crucial for the team. Stealth Rock allows me to hit bug, fire and flying types and possibly OHKO them with other Pokémon.

Well sorry this seemed rushed but this is what I've been running lately and I'd like some suggestions/comments on this team. Reply or message me about this team if you want to help.

Changes made to the team:
    N/A

2. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Well, your team as it is currently has no fighting resistances whatsoever, which is a problem with the abundance of Terrakion and other fighting type moves/Pokémon in OU. I'd recommend swapping Blastoise for a defensive Starmie:
    Starmie @ Leftovers
    252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Atk
    Timid
    Scald
    Psyshock/Ice Beam
    Rapid Spin
    Recover

It's not as bulky as Blastoise, but your team will really appreciate the fighting resistance.

Aside from that, you also have a weakness to ground type moves, which can be remedied by giving Heatran or Metagross an Air Balloon, though the latter is better with leftovers. Overall, the team is pretty good. How far have you laddered with it?

3. SLIMJET95

SLIMJET95 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I havent used this team in awhile since I havent had time to actually play the meta. I will try out your ideas and update the team.

4. NiteLitezFTW

NiteLitezFTW Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Instead of Blastoise, I would use Forretress.

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
    Calm Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Pain Split/Volt Switch
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Spikes

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. The Unknown

The Unknown Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Forretress works since you have a lot of threats that force switches. Now, this team needs to find a way to resist ground type moves (especially earthquake) because there two Pokémon are weak to ground and one Pokémon resists it; you can make Shaymin more defensive in order to provide a better resistance to EQ users.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.