1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Trainer Customization in Sun and Moon

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Bubbles, Mar 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    In X and Y Trainer customization was a fairly new feature that allowed trainers to make slight changes to their character in the game. With Sun and Moon coming there is a possibility that this feature will also be brought back with even more options to choose from! I think it would be really neat for there to be even more eye color, hair color, hair length/style, and accessory choices! It would be amazing if it could be as varied as a mii, but just a few more options to choose from would be really sweet! Are you hoping for trainer customization to return again? If so, what are some more things you want to see?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    I hope it returns, I really do, but it may just end up being like the whole "walking with Pokémon" thing in HG/SS. X/Y's focus was about fashion, after all, and Sun/Moon's reveal was still very recent.

But that being said, I really hope it returns, because I want to see height, and possibly even age options (Though this part is unlikely. And I doubt the ages would be very far apart even if this is the case.). Some more hair styles/colors would be nice, too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    I'm hoping we get trainer customization. I loved the feature since XY, but I'd like more clothing options. The ones I had on my character in XY were really expensive, so I hope clothing will be cheaper~​

4. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    I'd love for trainer customization to return again. I've never liked how Pokémon handled silent protagonists, with the exception of X/Y. Usually, silent protagonists are done to help the player feel immersed. With a preset character design, this takes away from that feeling. I'd rather they go all the way with the main character: either full dialogue and no customization, or no dialogue and lots of customization. Or they could go the Fire Emblem route and have customization and dialogue.

Vanillite likes this.
  5. Alex Azariya

Alex Azariya The Black Swordsman

PokéPoints:
    ₽463.0
    I want the feature to come back it was really fun, and I hope more details are added. I had hated that for some reason you could never take off the Trainers hat..like why...some outfits in X/Y looked better without a hat. I'm really looking forward to this ability again.

6. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    I'd like Trainer Customization to have a big comeback, because it's great to be able to mix and match clothes of my trainer character to my liking. I also wished for them to include more clothes for boys as well.

7. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Trainer customization is what made X/Y a bit more personal and I loved it. Just like everyone else here, I'd love to see more customization! I think having some Pokémon themed things would be cool, such as a Pikachu cap and stuff.

8. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I really hope we get this back. I was so disappointed that it wasn't there in ORAS, especially since there were contests. It was also a really fun as a endgame activity.

9. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    Game Freak should definitely bring back to Trainer Customization. It brought more creativity and uniqueness into the players playing the game. Having Trainer customization also allows players to feel more into the game and be a part of its story (at least, that's how I felt). I also would like to see what more outfits are available and bring back some previous outfits from X/Y. That way, there could be more ways for trainers to show their personality and appearance.

10. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    This is one of the main reasons why I loved X and Y so much. I love customization in any game really (As long as it's done right). If it does return I do hope to see more than 3 skin tones next time around.

11. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I'd definitely like to see customization return with a few more options. It would be great if you could give your character your own hair and eye color, so that it would look more like you. And more variation in clothes would be great too.

12. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    I kinda have some doubts after they removed it in ORAS. Tho I would really love to see it in Sun and Moon. It's always better playing a character that is more you.

13. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    It would be fun if we have trainer costomization in Pokémon sun and moon like X and Y. I will be more happy if we have changes like eye colour or hair. It will help the player to interect with game even more.

14. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    I have the same fears as well. Well it was great to have overall, it needed tweaking a lot.
    Especially with the lack of costume variants, skin tone shortage and even not allowing a physique change.
    It will hurt sales a lot and pokefan backlash will surely follow, if the creators are still opposed to adding it to future games.

15. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I would love to see trainer customization to come back. I don't particularly mind not having it, but it really made the 3D models of the game more unique and less boring. Personally, I don't really care that I can't change the physique. I'd rather have more clothing options regardless of the price. I felt the clothes in XY didn't really fit my particular style, so more clothing options would definitely be a plus.

16. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    Tbh I hope we get customization back, and I hope it reflects the region the game takes place in, too, if that makes sense? Like I'd like to see clothing that reflects on the culture of the region the map of S&M is modeled after. That'd be a really nice touch imo. I'd like to have dialogue choices too tho pls

17. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I personally hope that customization comes back, but I'm skeptical if it will because it didn't return in OR&AS (but that may have just been because it was a remake, it's hard to say). I would really like some variety of clothing options for each gender- sporty clothes, fancy clothes, casual clothes, formal dress clothes, etc. It would be nice if the fashion reflected the style of the region, as well, although that's not necessary. One thing I would also like to see are wearable glasses, since X&Y had glasses as an accessory, but they were only for your hat. Separating glasses into two categories- glasses for your face and goggles for your hat- would be pretty neat.

Also, some more options for hair color/style would be really nice. X&Y didn't have a whole lot of options besides a couple styles and natural hair colors, so it would be nice to see some more variety there. Something more akin to Animal Crossing New Leaf's hair color picker would be neat.

18. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I would totally love it if they bring customization back! And I agree with Deltheor, they should also make glasses/goggles wearable instead of just being a hat accessory.

I'm hoping that if they do bring it back, they would remove the gender restriction thing. So if you play as a girl, you can wear some of they guys' clothes and vice-versa. I actually liked some of the male clothes in XY but alas, I wasn't able to buy them.

And oh, remember the PR studio in XY? They had a booth for extra temporary customization (the makeup stuff). I really hope we have the option to keep them in the next game :) also more hairstyle and hair colour options.

19. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,086.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    I would love it, if it was possible.
    most best part of XY, also It would be fun, if there are days they have other items , instead of having everything like now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.