1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rockruff's Evolution

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by phineas81707, Aug 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    I've been thinking about Rockruff's evolution, and I think I have a theory: Rockruff's evolution will depend on which starter you pick.

The theory does have a few holes (especially with trading), but it does tie into the starters, and it's not like Pokémon has shied away from starter-dependent events.

What would you think? If you think theory is true, what type would Rockruff take? The type of the starter? A type that would mesh well with your starter (like a Grass type for Litten?) The extra type of the starters?
    If you think the theory is false, what do you think Rockruff's evolution will be?

2. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    I think Rockruff's final stage might be a pseudo-legendary Pokémon, since there's a lot of mystery that surrounds its evolution. It'd make sense to finally change it up from the usual Dragon type pseudo-legendaries which have been around since Gen 4. Furthermore, even though Rockruff doesn't look very strong, you can't judge the first stage by appearance, look at Beldum and Goomy. Also, I don't think it has been featured in any of the trailer videos uploaded and it's the only Pokémon where its evolution is mentioned without it being revealed, even going as far as CoroCoro revealing its 'secret' evolution seperately from any other Pokémon. That makes me think the Rockruff line will be either like Zoroark and Lucario (playing a big role in an upcoming movie), or a pseudo-legendary, as those are the only non Legendaries that have had such a big and mysterious reveal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    That'd be nice. I was about to joke that Rock/Dragon would be at least unique, but then I remembered we already have Tyrantrum. Wonder what it'll be that it's not too similar to Tyranitar, though...

They really need a better typing.

Makes sense. After all, Lucario and Zoroark were among the early birds for their generations. Has Alola appeared in the anime yet?

4. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    I'm caught up with the subbed episodes and there hasn't been any mention of Alola or Alolan Pokémon yet, apart from Magearna in next Pokémon movie of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.