1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Crystal Really Randomized Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Getus, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Hey! Welcome to my really randomized Crystal Nuzlocke! If you wondering why I added really to the title, it's because unlike my previous attempt at a nuzlocke everything in this will be randomized. That's right! EVERYTHING! I could get a Caterpie that's fire type and knows a ghost type hyper beam! It could also evolve into a mew that could then evolve into a magikarp! EVERYTHING HAS BEEN RANDOMIZED!

Rules:
    • Can only capture the first encounter in each area unless there is also a static encounter which I can also get
    • When a Pokémon faints, it is considered dead and must be put in the appropriate box
    • All captures must be nicknamed
    • If I white out (Lose my entire party) it is game over even if I have Pokémon left in the box
    • Dupes clause is included — If an encounter is the same as a previous one (That I successfully caught) then I may reencounter
    • If there are patches of dark grass where I receive a double battle as the encounter I may choose the Pokémon I want
    • Locke does not begin until I receive my first set of Pokeballs
    • Battle Style is Set.
    Like before, I will be basing my starter choice on the last number in my trainer ID, 1-3 is the grass type, 4-6 is the fire type and 7-9 is the water type. If I get a 0 it will be my choice.

I failed the first nuzlocke, but I won't fail this one!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Super randomizers :O They are amazing to watch play through. I wish you the best of luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    And we're off! So after getting to Elm's lab I checked my ID and got 0. Now I'm going, to be honest, I don't like having 0 as I don't like having a choice in these challenges, but moving on. In place of the grass type, I have JIGGLYPUFF! In place of the fire type, it is PARAS! And finally, in place of the water type I have Nidorina!

So now it's choice time, automatically I'm eliminating Jigglypuff, I don't enjoy using Jigglypuff at any point. And despite me kicking myself a lot for this, I think I'll use Paras... Oh god .-.
    As my starters nickname, I will name Paras after the person who brought me to this wonderful site, my old friend Red.

Down below you can see the statistics for Red the Paras
    Red [3D='paras']
    Level: 5
    Type: Dragon/Ghost
    Item: Smoke Ball
    Moveset: Sludge (Fire type)
    Stats: Att - 9
    Def - 7
    SpA - 10
    SpD - 12
    Spe - 10

Oh god, the laughing I did reading this... I'm not going to last long.

Route 29
    So entering this route, and hearing this lovely music, I feel hopeful. I feel like I can actually survive this. Or maybe not because my first battle is against a Kingler... With an unknown move-set... And an unknown typing... Oh dear.

Cherrygrove City
    So I made it through fine and went to the Pokémon center after talking to the weird old man who showed me places before giving me his business card that looks like a map. Also I bought 6 potions to play it safe, don't want to run out like before.

Route 30
    And I encounter a Charizard.. Oh boy, thankfully it's only level 3 and hopefully, it's a grass type. It wasn't, in fact, it's resistant to my only move. Fun. Charizard used thunder, Red was immune. Is thunder normal type now? Awesome.

I don't think I'm going to get rid of sludge any time soon, a fire type move that poisons? It's amazing!

POISON STING, SUPER EFFECTIVE, POISONED. I hate this charizard.

And Red has been defeated already, thank god I didn't get pokeballs. I just know this is going to be close call after close call.
    I finally made it to the top of the route, talked to Mr. Pokémon and made it to the bottom... I hate that route.

Cherrygrove City - Rival Battle
    It's time, time to battle my rival. He starts with a Diglett [3D='diglett'] that is level 5. And the battle was easy, it only knew milk drink so I just had to wear it down. So at least the games cutting me a bit of slack this time lol.

Red levels up and learn a ground type swagger! What a move set!

Anyway signing off! Thanks for reading and let me know what you think of everything so far!

Team Recap
    Red [3D='paras']
    Level: 5
    Moveset: Sludge (Fire type)
    Stats: Att - 9
    Def - 7
    SpA - 10
    SpD - 12
    Spe - 10

Highlights!
    So this is a new idea I'm going to use, as I can type a lot at some points, I'm going to do a highlight section and the end of each update that will include all the important events in that update for easy reading if you don't want to read through my thoughts

• Got Dragon/Ghost Paras as starter
    • Lost against wild Charizard
    • Defeated Rival

4. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    So I'm starting off this update in the lab of Professor Elm, after going through all that drivel known as conversations I get to naming my rival and after many conversations, I name him Gio! I just got pokeballs, and so the nuzlocke begins...

Route 29
    My first encounter is~
    A FARFETCH'D! Not too bad, not the best. Unfortunately I lost it to a sludge, one sludge... Too strooong.
    To make matters worse, I encountered a Magikarp that knew Ice Punch, I panicked forgetting that the move's typing would change and expected to end the nuzlocke due to losing Red. Thankfully the move was ineffective and the nuzlocke continues!

Route 30
    Back to the route of no return... And my encounter in a route where I have encountered Charizards and Nidoqueens is Drum roll.... BELLSPROUT
    Why me? Well I decided to name Bellsprout - JerryBeans. Points to whoever gets the reference. Honestly, at this point I'm just happy for the extra power.

So I was wrong, Bellsprout isn't just extra power... It is THE POWER. Dragon type poison sting is destroying everything, even a Charizard which is it got a super effective against... Charizard is dragon type. Mega Char is that you?

In the process of this sweep, JerryBeans gained two levels and learned Sleep, a rock type sleep. So is JerryBeans just throwing rocks and knocking his opponents out?

Team Recap
    Red [3D='paras']
    Level: 8
    Moveset: Sludge (Fire type), Swagger (Ground Type)
    Stats: Att - 11
    Def - 9
    SpA - 14
    SpD - 17
    Spe - 13

JerryBeans [3D='bellsprout']
    level 8
    Type - Fighting
    Moveset - Poison Sting (Dragon), Sing (Rock)
    Stats - Att - 14
    Def - 8
    SpA - 17
    Spd - 14
    Spe - 14

Highlights
    • Named Rival Gio
    • Got Pokeballs, nuzlocke began
    • Lost first encounter a Farfetch'd - killed
    • Captured Bellsprout, named it JerryBeans
    • Defeated first trainer

5. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    This is hilariously random, also the part where "his business card looks like a map" made me lol