1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Comeback Pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Prosecutor, Dec 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I don't know if there is a thread like this. I haven't found one, so I'll go ahead and do this.

Let me explain this first of all. A comeback Pokémon is a Pokémon that you once used and it really disappointed you and when you used it again you really liked it.

Let's see... Crobat. I hated Crobat with a burning passion after using it unsuccessfully two times and not getting any good results. Then, I decided to give it ANOTHER go in Omega Ruby. I managed to get one with Brave Bird, and now Crobat is one of my favorite Pokémon :).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I honestly used to hate using Altaria because it was such a pain to level up as a swablu, but over the years, I've grown to love Altaria so much. It has become one of my favorite Pokémon because of its movepool and its cuteness.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    i used to HATE using charizard because "oh charizard is so popular" but then in XY i found a shiny charmeleon with adamant and fell in love with him
    he is still on my semi comp team

4. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    Bisharp I used to like his design but thought he wasn't usable, especially gen5... then suddenly he's OU with his defiant becoming a bigger factor. He just came up with the fairy counter and intimidate check as well as sticky web

5. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I guess I had this thing with Mawile. In Gen III, I absolutely loved it, though I really can't explain why. I was determined to use one, which I didn't regret at all, but after that I just kinda forgot about it... Until Gen VI came around and Mawile gained a Mega Evolution! That instantly got me back to loving Mawile as much as I used to :D

6. fabe1089

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I used to hate Klefki when I first saw it. I couldn't stand the fact that they used a key ring as an inspiration for a pocket monster. However, after using it in battle, I fell in love with it. It's typing, ability and movepool kind of demand that you to love it. Boo-boo Keys is a wonderful Pokémon, even though I would still call it uninspired.

7. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Audino, I always saw this thing as only usefull for grinding, but now that I've used one, I actually think it's quite usefull on a team as well.

8. Martsian

Martsian Gym leader

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.8
    i always hated chansey...
    Until i used it!
    best Pokémon ever man, i tell you

9. Ricken

Ricken

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I hated Exploud back in Generation 3. The lack of good moves really mattered early on. In OR though, I found one with Hammer Arm and that made all of the difference.

10. mewrulez16

mewrulez16 Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I used to hate swampert in gen 3 but I like it now because it doesn't look weak anymore

11. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    At first I really didn't like Treecko, since it wold never last very long in battles for me and Torchic and Mudkip generally seemed like better options, but when I went back to try it after a few years I really enjoyed playing with it, and now it's my favourite of the Hoenn starters uvu

12. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    During my Black/White days, I thought Altaria was completly useless as a Dragon..It wasnt that fast, and didnt hit very hard, and had a 4x weakness to Ice, which, for a while, kept me away from it.

Then, during X/Y, before ORAS was even heard of, I ended up being an Altaria in an RP-esque thing. I then decided to look it up to know what Im talking about... and holy Khrp was I shocked! Altaria had an incredible movepool, and great defensive stats! It even had Natural Cure.It preformed surprisingly well as a Special Defensive tank. It quickly became one of my favorite Pokémon! Its Mega Evolution only made me like it even more. Its still one of my favorites today!

13. Phantom of Music

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Hmmm, good question. Probably Snivy. I got it from Professor Juniper, and since it was my very first Pokémon game, I didn't know it evolved and thought it was useless, so I barely used it. But when I realized it evolved into Serperior that could learn a lot of devastating moves, I liked it a whole lot more.

Never judge a Pokémon by their first stage!

14. YouHoney

YouHoney Snow wanderer

PokéPoints:
    ₽135.9
    Cloyster!

Shell Smash/ Icicle Spear/ Rock Blast /Razor Shell. @ Focus Sash

This thing looks weak, but that build will most likely take one Pokémon down.

Its scary xD

15. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Oh, another thing; Azumarill. When I got X/Y, I had no idea why so many people were using Azumarill, as all of my previous experiences told me that Azu was a bad Pokémon. So I looked it up and found out that Azumarill got Huge Power. You would never expect a small blue bunny to hit so HARD!

16. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    Clefable! Who knew that weak RU thing would become a powerful OU fairy in Gen 6? :3

17. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Scolipede. Even without its HA, it was still pretty good outside of the metagame. When it gained its new and improved HA though, it just became an absolute monster in the meta.

18. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I remember I had a card for petilil which was pretty useless, so when I got it in game I wasn't super excited, I just wanted a new grass type. Then I eveloved her into Lilligant, and learned petal Dance. With her ability own tempo, she become a real power house.

19. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    [3D='shuckle']

I was never a big fan of Shuckle until my brother showed me how much of a defensive tank he was. Then when I was first getting into competitive battling, I found out that Shuckle could lay down two hazards, and Sticky Web became my favorite hazard. XD

20. CountessGardevoir

PokéPoints:
    ₽350.5
    My trusty Gardevoir

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.