1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Alma's Rocking Pixels

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Almandine-G, Feb 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    [​IMG]o/ Welcome to my Portfolio!
    So I figured it was about time I made one of these, and thus share what I do with the world. The reason why I didn't put one of these up sooner was because I've been suffering major artblock, but I've been getting past that as of recent, and am ready to share what I do with the world!
    That info's old news Red Alma! Time for an updated description! (Yes, I'm being nitpicky about using Alma here instead of Red, don't judge me)

Glad to make your acquaintance! This here be my portfolio, where I'll post my works that I do nice job Red, why would you have a portfolio otherwise? ranging across multiple fandoms. Whilst I do a lot of Pokémon, as you may guess, I also find myself pixelling other things too such as Monster Hunter and random stuff like that Roronoa Zoroark I did.

I will be accepting any constructive criticism you give me, as I always aim to make my art better!

I mainly focus on doing Pixel Art myself. I have a hard time with other forms, but pixel art just... works for me! I'm unsure why but I won't question it and'll just keep doing what I can do!

Pokémon:
    Signatures
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Full scenes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chibi's:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fusions:
    Mewdra:
    [​IMG]
    Non-Pokémon:
    Fantasy Life
    [​IMG]
    Monster Hunter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Risk of Rain
    [​IMG]
    Undertale:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Blazblue:
    [​IMG]
    Fakemon:
    Qincota
    [​IMG]
    Stats:
    HP - 85
    Attack - 125
    Defense - 65
    Sp. Attack - 65
    Sp. Defense - 140
    Speed - 65
    BST - 545

Abilities: Battle Armor/Sheer Force HA: Friend Guard

In-Game Lore: Qincotta is said to have lived hundreds of years ago protecting great rulers treasure. To this day, even if half of its body has been weathered away by the cruel years it still protects something out of a sense of duty.

Design Backstory: Qincotta takes the idea of being a Terracotta warrior and makes it move. Long ago, the first Chinese emperor Qin Shi Huang was king of the Qin province. He later defeated the warring provinces and dropped title of King to become Emperor, uniting all states. At death, Qin had an entire Terracotta army built to protect him in his afterlife. Qincotta is based off this idea of everlasting protection, even if it becomes buried (much like the Terracotta warriors)

It's name is taken as a combination of Qin (the provice Huang first ruled over and where he was later buried) and Cotta (the second half of Terracotta).
    Me!
    [​IMG]
    PokémonXOther:
    (Roronoa Zoro (One Piece) and Zoroark)
    [​IMG]
    (Goodriel: Goodra (Pokémon) and Toriel (Undertale))
    [​IMG]
    Random Signatures
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    Wow these look amazing RedG!!! :D I especially like the way you did Deoxys!! Keep it up! ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Almandine-G likes this.
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I like it a lot. It's pretty different from what you would usually see from signatures, but it works. One thing about text that really bothers me in Pixel art is italicized text. It isn't as pleasing to me, but that's my personal preference. Anyhow, other than that, I think it looks pretty cool. May I ask what program you use?

Almandine-G likes this.
  4. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    It usually depends on what computer I'm using, but usually I use a mix of Photoshop and Gimp in my work.

And yeah, the italicised text can sometimes be... Shall we say displeasing? I was more experimenting with that one, trying to get something more elegant. I quite like it, but it needs a little bit of a touch-up.

5. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    Nice job! You're wayy better than I was when I used to do pixel art. I like how you did the lighting effects on the background of the signatures. It makes them stand out from other pixel art with flat colours.

Almandine-G likes this.
  6. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Finally, updated this haha

I've added one new Pokémon art and one new Monster Hunter art! Feel free to criticize or do otherwise!

7. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    A couple of new additions, first:
    [​IMG]
    A pixel art of Hoopa Unbound. After recently obtaining one I've kinda... fallen for the guy haha. I made this a little while ago but kinda forgot to put it here on my portfolio @_@ here now at least!

Also, a new MH one:
    [​IMG]
    Recently in my MH story titled "Hunter Story" one of the characters has now obtained a baby Brachydios, who they have named "Echo". And, well, one thing lead to another, and I ended up pixelling lil' Echo :sweat:

And finally, one you may recognize from my current sig:
    [​IMG]
    Yet again, one I did AGES ago but forgot to post here (saying ages, really it's only been what, half a month?). I just love Providence's design, so I had to pixel him. This was also a good excuse to try out hand anatomy and a slightly different shading style!

I'm gonna continue working on more pixel arts, I have some in mind for characters from games such as Spiral Knights, Undertale and Nuclear Throne!

8. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I love your digital graphics! They are awesome!

9. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    A couple more additions! First:
    [​IMG]
    Remember how I mentioned I forgot to add one last time? Yeah, this is that XD I done this Darkrai a fair bit ago, and was my first look into this sort of shading. It's actually what started me off on this type of shading as my main type, I quite liked the effect it has.

And the other addition today:
    [​IMG]
    I'm on a little bit of a Regigigas kick at the minute. Getting interested into his lore, design, and the hope that I'll find a shiny one soon, I ended up pixelling the guy in a pose where he smashed rocks. Guess he just really hates rocks!

I kinda wish I had more to bring this time but hey, I'll try for more next time!

Thanks! It's stuff like this that keeps me boosted and going on.

10. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Ooph, back again am I? I keep forgetting to update this XD ANYWAY! Time for some new pieces:
    [​IMG]
    This is one which not only took me ages to upload here, but ages to upload to DA too. I have no idea why I took so long to upload it, I had it done. Guess I was just forgetfull :sweat: anywho, this be the monster Amatsumagatsuchi. Cause I'm getting hyped for MHX, as well as Amatsu appearing in the game, I just had to pixel the Elder Dragon. I absolutely love the thing.

Next:
    [​IMG]
    More me messing about than actually being sensible, the other day through a really random train of thought, I realized I could mash the names Roronoa Zoro and Zoroark together to get Roronoa Zoroark. I may have a slight One Piece addiction atm, but still, this was fun to make.

And finally:
    [​IMG]
    A Fakemon I had designed. I'd never really done it before, but I found it was surprisingly fun! I even came up with stat ideas and stuff for it, which I'll leave here and in the main post (Where I'll soon create 2 new spoilers (PokemonXOther & Fakemon)).

Stat ideas:
    Stats:
    HP - 85
    Attack - 125
    Defense - 65
    Sp. Attack - 65
    Sp. Defense - 140
    Speed - 65
    BST - 545

Abilities: Battle Armor/Sheer Force HA: Friend Guard

In-Game Lore: Qincotta is said to have lived hundreds of years ago protecting great rulers treasure. To this day, even if half of its body has been weathered away by the cruel years it still protects something out of a sense of duty.

Design Backstory: Qincotta takes the idea of being a Terracotta warrior and makes it move. Long ago, the first Chinese emperor Qin Shi Huang was king of the Qin province. He later defeated the warring provinces and dropped title of King to become Emperor, uniting all states. At death, Qin had an entire Terracotta army built to protect him in his afterlife. Qincotta is based off this idea of everlasting protection, even if it becomes buried (much like the Terracotta warriors)

It's name is taken as a combination of Qin (the provice Huang first ruled over and where he was later buried) and Cotta (the second half of Terracotta).

11. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    Man I love this style :o I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

Great work! It's obvious you put a lot of thought in to that Fakemon as well and it turned out great :)

12. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Thanks! That Fakemon actually stemmed from a convo I had with Bloom and Shiny (I think Zoroark was there too) about how cool it'd be to see a normal/ghost type, and it sorta got built up from there. The stats were just me thinking "hey, wouldn't it be cool if we had a physical attacking special wall?" and rolling with it haha

13. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Here's one I did recently. I put it in spoilers in case you didn't want to know about this character from Undertale:

By the way, said character is Gaster so if you really do not wanna see much of him for fear of potential spoilers (not that there's much in terms of spoilers, all the info on him has to be dug out through hacking into the code):
    [​IMG]
    W. D. Gaster, or Wing Din Gaster: one of the greatest royal scientests, now lost in time and space. I decided to make this little animation then mess about with the imagery and stuff to give the idea that there's a darker side to him (as well as the fact that that he shouldn't be possible to meet haha). I had fun making this, and was surprised it turned out as well as I'd hoped it would.

Deltheor likes this.
  14. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    So this time I decided to upload some old siggy's too! They were ones I had designed specifically as signatures rather than fullart images, so there's no original fullart representation of them unfortunately, but all the same some of them I'm rather pleased with (some of you may remember seeing me wear them haha)

But first! A Fullart that I did Recently of Hakumen from Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend
    [​IMG]
    I only played the game for a day, and already I'm pixelling it. This must be a new record for me! The character shown here, Hakumen, just really stuck out to me. He looks cool, he fights cool, he is just cool incarnate, so I just had to pixel him. I had fun with this one, even though partway I got quite, well, angry at his arms going wrong haha. The new pose does the image better justice than the old one at least, which I am glad of (fyi, the old pose had him weilding the sword with both hands and weilding it in a different angle, but where it was it covered too much of the image and the arms themselves just looked like disjointed messes @_@)

Now for some siggy's! I won't go into too much detail about them really, just that I recall enjoying making these ones:
    Lagiacrus. One of my favourites here:
    [​IMG]

Love Machine. Boy this one was fun!
    [​IMG]

And last but not least for today, the Seltas Queen!
    [​IMG]

As usual, criticism is always requested and appreciated! I like to keep on the move with my work and try to always up my pixel powers I'm just waiting to level up to boost my pixel perk

15. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Yo, wassap!? Guess what? It's time for another update to the portfolio, and uh, be prepared! Cause I have a full Undertale set here! (Well, technically one isn't "full" Undertale, but it's at least part :sweat: )

Alrighty, first up is a Ms Muffet gif:
    [​IMG]
    I had fun making this one. Really it was designed when I was salty as a method to calm me down, and surprisingly it worked (first time in a while an animation hasn't made me angry at one point or another). I may have a thing for spiders...

DETERMINATION!
    [​IMG]
    I ultimately did this one as a free-time-pixel, so I'm not entirely sure of its quality. I wanted to try out a different style and make it purely black and white instead of the usual colours I go for. I just wish the hair was a little more... Hairy and not as gummy as it looks currently XD

And finally:
    [​IMG]
    In this case I couldn't decide upon whether I would pixel Undertale next or Goodra next, so I just mashed the two together into one scene. I'm rather pleased at how it turned out, it's much less like garbage than I expected it to be! A combo of one of my favourite mons and one of my favourite moms.

That's all for today, I'll be sure to continue working on more works as time goes by!

16. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    Ooh! That Muffet gif has got to be one of my favourites! Something about the shading on the face and the dress really makes it stand out!

17. Eru Iluvatar

Eru Iluvatar Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Oh my goodness, I am in love with the Ms Muffet .gif! Would it be okay if I used it in places as an avatar? o:

18. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Thanks you guys! And yeah Eru, that's totally OK! Just provided there was proper crediting of course, you can use it anywhere you like!

19. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Just a small, Goodra themed update here:
    [​IMG]
    First off is this one (who you probably can recognize from my avatar and signature). I've uh, been on a real Goodra kick recently haha. I had fun making this one, taking two of my favourite mons and putting them into a single image like this. Support the paras hat

The other half of this update:
    [​IMG]
    Some of you may have seen this from earlier (today I think?) but I'll put it here anyway. I've grown quite attached to the idea of making more mini pixel chibi's, I'm quite pleased with this one.

Just a short update this time, but I felt like sharing this stuff via my portfolio. As usual, criticism is always welcomed!

20. Almandine-G

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Wow Red, another small update?
    Well I figured that I might as well get these in before the month ended! I have another piece in the works but goodness knows if I'll have the motivation to finish it any time soon. Anywho, today we have a Mew and a Mewtwo.
    First is the Mewtwo:
    [​IMG]
    I had to kick myself to even start this one. I wanted to get back into pixeling, and had an idea for this pose. The only mon I could think of for it though was Mewtwo, so that's who I used! I had a bit of fun making this one, and it got me my motivation back for pixeling. Whether it's good or not, I couldn't really care haha
    [​IMG]
    This... Was a stress relief to say the least haha. I liked the idea of Mew using it's tail like a helicopter, and was getting pretty stressed with some work so I did this to calm me down a little. There's nothing much more to say? I guess. I just enjoyed making it!

brsajo and Bubbles like this.