1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon MysticAurelian Version

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by LaDestitute, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaDestitute

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    (Junnin, and such is credited to MagesPages as these are originally his ideas.)
    I'm working on a Pokémon FireRed Version rom hack named Pokémon MysticAurelian Version based off of the artwork of MagesPages (later known as PokePages). A gallery of his stuff can be seen here: ( http://imgur.com/a/mdQMp#0 and here: http://imgur.com/a/mJ8hT#6 )
    Screenshots below, and please excuse the poor quality of some of the gallery art, MagesPages took down his art a few years ago for no known reason and it's now scattered all over the internet. As for anybody wondering about the rights of my usage of his art, he hasn't been around for years. He disappeared around 2008-2009, removed all of his art from his old dA account (aside from the 500x500 pieces scattered around the internet), deactivated his newer dA account, and even shut down his email listed on his new dA account (you get an "invalid recipent" and such), so I'm pretty much in the clear. He's getting credit, of course.

A basic synopsis of Pokémon MysticArelian Version:
    *Is set in a new region named Junnin, with +80 new Pokémon. The region is somewhat influenced by Australia.
    *The professor's name is Pine, who works in a wild-life reserve and studies Pokémon ecology. Instead of the hero/herione and their rival getting their starter Pokémon from Pokeballs, they instead have hatched from Pokémon eggs and start out at level 1.
    *The three starter Pokémon are the Small-Leaf Pokémon Eucuwala (A highly social green koala bear Pokémon, with physical oriented stats), the Swinging Pokémon Kindlemur (An agile lemur Pokémon, with speed oriented stats), and the Fin Pokémon Dimetrus (An aquatic dimetrodon Pokémon, with physical and special defensive oriented stats).
    *The main villainous team of the region is named Team Zodiac, and aside from grunts, spies, and scientists, is split into 12 sub-admins based off of the western zodiac and a main admin, based and named after Ophiuchus. They are after the legendary Pokémon Orakey, said to hold all of the answers to the universe. The sub-admins appearances, personalities, and type speciality (if any) are based off of their respective zodiacs. For example, Sub-Admin(s) Pisces are actually male and female twins, specialize in Water and Ice type Pokémon, and have a bad habit of interrupting each other.

Screenshots:
    Title screen
    So, what's your name, kid?
    Charge Town

Sprites:
    Professor Pine
    Aiden (Hero)
    Eucuwala back sprites
    Kindlemur back sprites
    Dimetrus back sprites
    Orakey (mascot/main legendary)

Poll. Input desired!
    1. Which existing starters should stay in the rom hack, Gen I, Gen II, Gen III, Gen IV, or Gen V? What I was going to do was offer two sets of
    starters mid-game to late game as six different in-game trades. You can pick one of the six trades, but the rest vanish once you do.
    The set you didn't pick is then offered as a reward for a post-game quest.

2. Which Pokémon do you think should stay, if any in particular? Your suggestion(s) doesn't have to be before Generation IV. If you suggest a
    Pokémon, should there be any changes made? Like new moves, via egg moves, level, tm, tutor, etc. Base stats, ability changes, balancing, etc.
    Nothing un-nessasary though please, constructive changes only. The list below is a reserved slots list, due to pre-evo/new-evo plans based off
    of MagesPages' source art:

Tropius (pre-evo)
    Aerodactyl (pre-evo)
    Murkrow (pre-evo)
    Honchkrow (included because previous evolution has a new pre-evo)
    Mr. Mime (evo)
    Skarmory (pre-evo)
    Riolu (split-evo, technically sort of...female versions, like miltank and tauros)
    Lucario (split-evo, technically sort of...female versions, like miltank and tauros)
    Smoochum (included because it's evolution has a new evo)
    Jynx (evo)
    Omanyte (evo)
    Omastar (evo)
    Smeargle (pre-evo)
    Tangela (pre-evo)
    Tangrowth (included because previous evolution has a new pre-evo)
    Sneasel (pre-evo)
    Weavile (included because previous evolution has a new pre-evo)
    Phanpy (included because it's evolution has a new evo)
    Donphan (evo) (might remove, MagesPages drew the art for this as a request, and the requester doesn't support projects that use an artist's work without permission)
    Sableye (evo)

3. What should the heroine look like?
    Hair style? Hair color? Clothes? Such as what type of shoes? What sort of t-shirt? Any accesories such as like watches?
    What color should her backpack be?

4. What should the rival be like and look like?
    What should be the default name(s)? What sort of personality? Snooty and cocky like Gen I's rival? Cruel and antagonistic like Gen II's rival?
    Friendly like the later generation rivals? A composition/something more complex? Any motives or goals they have?
    Any particular past events in their lives?
    Hair style? Hair color? Clothes? Such as what type of shoes? What sort of t-shirt? Any accesories such as like sunglasses?

5. See this map below? It has a list of numbered markers, which are unknown/un-named areas.
    Any ideas of what each of these areas should be, what sort of Pokémon they have
    available (including of the regional dex; http://imgur.com/a/mdQMp#0, so please look at that before listing any suggested Pokémon!),
    what purpose should they fill, etc? (ignore 21, that's the Junnin Pokémon League)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5899974/Graphics/Pokémon%20Rom%20Hack/Misc/JunninMapUnknownAreasMarkers.png

Starter Stats (input desired)
    The following is in review and help/advice would be great.

Eucuwala, so far, is characterized as a physical fighter with semi-poor Special stats, and somewhat above average HP/Speed.
    Base stats/Info:
    Type: Grass (Later Grass/Fighting)
    Ability: Leaf Guard
    Leaf Guard
    HP: 55
    ATK: 68
    DEF: 55
    SP ATK: 45
    SP DEF: 45
    SPEED: 50
    Total: 318
    EVs: 1 ATK EV
    Egg groups: Human-like/Field
    Starting moves: Scratch, and Leer
    Ideal TMs/HMs: Focus Punch, Bulk Up, Bullet Seed, Sunny Day, Giga Drain, Toxic, Hidden Power, Protect, Rain Dance, Frustration, Solar Beam, Grass Knot, Return, Double Team, Facade, Rest, Attract and Brick Break/Strength and Rock Smash
    ===
    Kindlemur, so far, is characterized as a fast special fighter with below-average physical stats, and somewhat below-average HP and high base speed.
    Base stats/Info:
    Type: Fire
    Ability: Flash Fire
    HP: 40
    ATK: 42
    DEF: 41
    SP ATK: 62
    SP DEF: 55
    SPEED: 66
    Total: 306
    EVs: 1 SPD EV
    Egg groups: Human-like/Field
    Starting moves: Scratch, and Leer
    Ideal TMs/HMs: Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Hone Claws, Toxic, Hidden Power, Taunt, Protect, Frustration, Return, Double Team, Facade, Flame Charge, Rest, Attract, Low Sweep, Round, Overheat, Fling, Incinerate, Will-O-Wisp, and Acrobatics/Flash and Rock Smash
    ===
    Dimetrus, so far, is characterized as a defensive Pokémon with above-average physical stats, average HP, average speed, and semi-poor special stats.
    Base stats/Info:
    Type: Water (Later Water/Dark)
    Ability: Water Veil
    HP: 50
    ATK: 50
    DEF: 65
    SP ATK: 48
    SP DEF: 64
    SPEED: 45
    Total: 322
    EVs: 1 DEF EV
    Egg groups: Dragon/Water 1
    Starting moves: Tackle, and Tail Whip
    Ideal TMs/HMs: Hone Claws, Dragon Claw, Water Pulse, Roar, Ice Beam, Taunt, Torment, Fling, Thief, Payback, Blizzard, Light Screen, Shadow Claw, Protect, Reflect, Rain Dance, Dig, Torment, Thief, Snatch and Rest/Surf, Dive, and Waterfall

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 7Demented

7Demented Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽119.6
    I think that the starters should be Gen I, since I know a lot of people would like to have what they started with in their first games. (Squirtle oUo)

What if the heroine was based off of Green? All you'd really have to do is switch around the color scheme to make it match the hero.

The rival should have stark white hair styled like Blue's, sporting a black vest and jade long-sleeve shirt underneath, with black cargo pants to match. Default names could be Aure, David, Kyle, and Jackson. As for personality, you and your rival initially are best friends, but as the game progresses you begin to resent each other because of ideals and motive differences. Past events that defined them are moving to the new town where you start (this happens years before the story), and losing his first Pokémon to an unknown disease.

To be honest, I think that's entirely up to you, man. You are the creator, so you above all should determine where each one goes. Here's a tip: try to place each Pokémon where they are best suited to their environment.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LaDestitute

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Thanks for the input man. I think you skipped a question though, if that was intentional.

4. Pokechu

Pokechu Hex Maniac

Belle
    (Buneary)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽69.6
    All of the fakemon are PERFECT.
    I like them all but the female lucario one, I think that riolus dont need a female only evo. :o

5. LaDestitute

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Thank you.
    I'm generally including it for completeness sake, besides, having a female Lucario would do well, balance wise. A female Pokémon is good, makes the game seem less sexist.

6. LaDestitute

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    [​IMG]

Big update! Finally finished mapping the home town of my Pokémon rom hack, Charge Town. It's mapped and all but I still have all the scripting/dialog to do.

7. LaDestitute

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    [​IMG]

Sorry for not posting any updates regarding my Pokémon MysticAurelian Version rom hack, was busy learning XSE scripting. Anyhow, here are some sprites I recently finished for the region of my Pokémon rom hack, MysticAurelian. These are Junnin's obligatory early rodent and bird Pokémon, Chinchul and Chiquail respectively.
    Credit of Chiquail and Chinchul goes to the dA fakemon artist MagesPages.

8. LaDestitute

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Major update.
    I've got bad news, but good news too!

The bad news:
    My computer died last morning, as she wouldn't turn on. Not sure if it's a bad PSU or bad motherboard as for the cause, but I'll have to wait and see as for what exactly happened. I'm planning on buying a PSU unit tester and a SATA to USB hard-drive cable (for transferring some files to my laptop) in the mean time. In any case, my OS partition/files are relatively safe.

The good news:
    The files for my rom hack were not harmed or lost in any way, as I had a backup from the day before the hardware failure via dropbox.

9. LaDestitute

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    [​IMG]
    Well, another remap of Route 1. This will probably be the final remap of Route 1, purely because I wanted it to be accurate to the region's map. Aside from minor edits/fixes, that is. Charge Town (hero/heroine's hometown) is to the east, the Wildlife Reserve is to the south (where you get your starter Pokémon and can find a variety of Pokémon early, provided you have the right 'tools' to find them), and Amythist Town (first badge) to the north.

[​IMG]
    The Wildlife Reserve. The Wildlife Reserve is to the south of Route 1, and where you get your starter Pokémon. You also have access to a plethora of Pokémon, from rock smash rocks, surfing, fishing, tall grass, and sand pit swirls (akin to B/W's dust clouds).

[​IMG]
    Which palette looks better, the one on top (old palette/current), or the one on the bottom (new/unused)?

10. LaDestitute

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    [​IMG]
    More early Pokémon. The region's dog versions of Nidoran (Aromutts, male on left) and the region's electric rodent, Baybolt.

Note, while Baybolt is from scratch, both Aromutts are heavy edits made from existing dA sprites (godofthat for the male Aromutt sprite, and poke-7 for the female Aromutt sprite).

11. LaDestitute

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    121/151 Pokémon (30 free slots)
    Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/mdQMp#0

Junnin Regional Pokédex (First Draft)
    #001: Eucuwala (Grass)
    #002: Gulacuff (Grass/Fighting)
    #003: Timberawl (Grass/Fighting)
    #004: Kindlemur (Fire)
    #005: Burmurly (Fire/Flying)
    #006: Merculey (Fire/Flying)
    #007: Dimetrus (Water)
    #008: Permidon (Water/Dark)
    #009: Lividon (Water/Dark)
    #010: Aromutt♀ (Normal)
    #011: Odorog (Normal)
    #012: Aromutt♂ (Normal)
    #013: Dodorog (Normal)
    #014: Baybolt (Electric)
    #015: Bolteen (Electric)
    #016: Chinchul (Normal)
    #017: Chilleap (Normal)
    #018: Chiquail (Normal/Flying)
    #019: Mavriquail (Normal/Flying)
    #020: Tuttby (Psychic)
    #021: Whiscleo (Psychic)
    #022: Pharoar (Psychic/Ground)
    #023: Smoochum (Ice/Psychic) *2
    #024: Jynx (Ice/Psychic) *2
    #025: Pryncice (Ice/Psychic) *2
    #026: Buffhilla (Grass/Ground)
    #027: Bisommit (Grass/Ground)
    #028: Phanpy (Ground)
    #029: Donphan (Ground)
    #030: Brawnvoy (Ground/Steel)
    #031: Coyoco (Fire)
    #032: Hoppiler (Bug)
    #033: Cobworm (Bug)
    #034: Hoppereign (Bug/Flying)
    #035: Cocano (Grass)
    #036: Tropius (Grass/Flying)
    #037: Stuckarp (Water)
    #038: Stuckry (Water)
    #039: Dandaseed (Grass)
    #040: Dandelie (Grass)
    #041: Withereen (Grass)
    #042: Tangulb (Grass)
    #043: Tangela (Grass)
    #044: Tangrowth (Grass)
    #045: Sandstrum (Ground/Water)
    #046: Sanderon (Ground/Water)
    #047: Squeesel (Ice/Dark)
    #048: Sneasel (Ice/Dark)
    #049: Weavile (Ice/Dark)
    #050: Bloatick (Bug/Dark)
    #051: Suckeeto (Bug/Dark)
    #052: Dumbkin (Grass)
    #053: Frightern (Grass/Ghost)
    #054: Sableye (Dark/Ghost)
    #055: Goldogle (Dark/Steel)
    #056: Rollip (Bug)
    #057: Rollipod (Bug)
    #058: Graplipede (Bug/Ground) (no picture available)
    #059: Plubus (Water)
    #060: Salamink (Water)
    #061: Defibly (Electric)
    #062: Bansheet (Ghost)
    #063: Teepolter (Ghost)
    #064: Murcherp (Dark/Flying)
    #065: Murkrow (Dark/Flying)
    #066: Honchkrow (Dark/Flying)
    #067: Fawntia (Normal)
    #068: Pupalette (Normal)
    #069: Smeargle (Normal)
    #070: Girafarig (Normal/Psychic)
    #071: Zeberebez (Normal/Psychic or maybe Normal/Dark instead?) (no picture available)
    #072: Riolu (Fighting)
    #073: Lucario (Fighting/Steel)
    #074: Lucaria (Fighting/Steel)
    #075: Eevee (Normal)
    #076: Vaporeon (Water)
    #077: Jolteon (Electric)
    #078: Flareon (Fire)
    #079: Espeon (Psychic)
    #080: Umbreon (Dark)
    #081: Leafeon (Grass)
    #082: Glaceon (Ice)
    #083: Feathereon (Flying) (no picture available)
    #084: Draceon (Dragon) (no picture available)
    #085: Frostoss (Ice/Fighting)
    #086: Cresentide (Water)
    #087: Hermitab (Water or Water/Rock, Water/Steel, Water/Ice and Water/Grass) *1
    #088: Snorunt (Ice)
    #089: Glacie (Ice)
    #090: Froslass (Ice/Ghost)
    #091: Frozenight (Ice/Ghost) (no picture available)
    #092: Kaboo (Ghost/Electric)
    #093: Mime Jr. (Psychic)
    #094: Mr. Mime (Psychic)
    #095: Mastermime (Psychic)
    #096: Ploworm (Steel/Bug)
    #097: Lumbrill (Steel/Bug)
    #098: Skarvenile (Steel/Flying)
    #099: Skarmory (Steel/Flying)
    #100: Natu (Psychic/Flying)
    #101: Xatu (Psychic/Flying)
    #102: Perchief (Psychic/Fighting)
    #103: Unown (Psychic)
    #104: Balilia (Grass/Water)
    #105: Omanyte (Rock/Water)
    #106: Omastar (Rock/Water)
    #107: Omanaut (Rock/Water)
    #108: Quartzac (Rock)
    #109: Equazar (Rock)
    #110: Jayzul (Normal/Flying)
    #111: Jazure (Normal/Flying)
    #112: Kidactyl (Rock/Flying)
    #113: Aerodactyl (Rock/Flying)
    #114: Tarift (Rock/Ground)
    #115: Tarzorus (Rock/Ground)
    #116: ???
    #117: ???
    #118: ???
    #119: ???
    #120: ???
    #121: ???
    #122: ???
    #123: ???
    #124: ???
    #125: ???
    #126: ???
    #127: ???
    #128: ???
    #129: ???
    #130: ???
    #131: ???
    #132: ???
    #133: ???
    #134: ???
    #135: ???
    #136: ???
    #137: ???
    #138: ???
    #139: ???
    #140: ???
    #141: ???
    #142: ???
    #143: ???
    #144: ???
    #145: ???
    #146: Cobalion (Steel/Fighting)
    #147: Terrakion (Rock/Fighting)
    #148: Virizion (Grass/Fighting)
    #149: Reindolph (Ice/Flying)
    #150: Orakey (Psychic)
    #151: Keldeo (Water/Fighting)

*1: Maybe Water/Fire and Water/Poison as well.
    *2: Might move further down the list.

12. LaDestitute

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    [​IMG]
    Amythist Town, the first gym town. The Amythist Gym is run by a man named Antwon, who specializes in Bug type Pokémon.

13. LaDestitute

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    http://imgur.com/a/12YGa

Finished mapping nearly all of Amythist Town. Just little things left now, like, scripting people events, aside from the big thing: Working on the workings of the gym, such as the battles.

14. LaDestitute

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Sorry for the lack of updates, recently. I'm on a different computer and my situation lately has been...hectic. No fast internet connection (at least until now! :D), Windows XP on this current computer being annoying, my main computer with Windows 7 is fried (but not broken, it's fixable, it's just a dead PSU unit that needs to be replaced), and a little bit depressed over losing a friend last week, to sum up some of the business lately.

[​IMG]
    From left to right: Hoppiler, Rollip, Suckeeto, Tuttby, and Coyoco.

Anyhow, I'm deciding on what Pokémon should go into the last 30 slots and so far, I have:

#123: Scyther (Bug/Flying)*1
    #212: Scizor (Bug/Steel)*1
    #285: Shroomish (Grass)
    #286: Breloom (Grass/Fighting)
    #618: Stunfisk (Electric/Ground)
    #222: Corsola (Water/Rock)
    #328: Trapinch (Ground)*2
    #329: Vibrava (Ground/Dragon)*2
    #330: Flygon (Ground/Dragon)*2
    #333: Swablu (Normal/Flying)
    #334: Altaria (Dragon/Flying)
    #041: Zubat (Poison/Flying)
    #042: Golbat (Poison/Flying)
    #169: Crobat (Poison/Flying)
    #167: Spinarak (Bug/Poison)
    #168: Ariados (Bug/Poison)
    #355: Duskull (Ghost)
    #356: Dusclops (Ghost)
    #477: Dusknoir (Ghost)
    #562: Yamask (Ghost)
    #563: Cofagrigus (Ghost)
    #218: Slugma (Fire)
    #219: Magcargo (Fire/Rock)
    #228: Houndour (Dark/Fire)
    #229: Houndoom (Dark/Fire)
    #324: Torkoal (Fire)
    #170: Chinchou (Water/Electric)
    #171: Lanturn (Water/Electric)
    #179: Mareep (Electric)
    #180: Flaaffy (Electric)
    #181: Ampharos (Electric)

*1: Scyther/Scizor or Yanma/Yanmega?
    *2: Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon or Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus?
    *3: I'm tempted to replace Chinchou/Lantern with Pikachu/Raichu, just cause...you know, Pikachu. :D
    *4: I'm trying to stay budgeted here with my selection. I'm going for 2 Bug type Pokémon, 2 Fighting type Pokémon, 1 Ground type Pokémon, 1 Rock type Pokémon, 5 Dragon type Pokémon, 5 Poison type Pokémon, 5 Ghost type Pokémon, 5 Fire type Pokémon, and 5 Electric type Pokémon, all based on the type distribution for the regional dex (so far), and what types are most common/rarest. It's below, if you're curious. It counts both single type and dual type Pokémon. I might add more Poison type Pokémon though, since the current number is well...zero. Ouch.

Flying: 19
    Grass: 18
    Water: 17
    Normal: 16
    Psychic: 16
    Ice: 14
    Dark: 13
    Steel: 10
    Bug: 10
    Fighting: 11
    Ground: 11
    Rock: 11
    Ghost: 7
    Fire: 5
    Electric: 5
    Poison: 0

15. LaDestitute

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I pretty much stayed up all night from last night until 2 PM to catch up on some work with the rom hack as I should have been done with this by now, but couldn't due to how busy I was lately. Then I...took a nap.

Feshea Desert (placeholder name, I can't remember the name I wanted instead to use) is an area east of Amythist Town. It always has a sandstorm raging through it and you'll will need the Go-Goggles to traverse through the desert. There is an oasis, and a sunken ruins similar to the Ruins of Alph, but that's not immediately accessible. Aside from Trapinch, the Pokémon available in the desert are Tuttby (Psychic type, a sphinx kitty Pokémon) and Coyoco (Fire type, a feisty coyote Pokémon).

[​IMG]

16. LaDestitute

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I've finished the mapping for the inside of Everquart Mountain (Mt. Everquart in-game). Interesting trivia: I used a random d20 dungeon generator to make the layout for both of the floors.

[​IMG]

17. LaDestitute

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    It's alive!

So sorry for the lack of updates. I've been lately battling with sleeping problems/health problems, aside from a two week long bout of depression (maybe three week long, I think). I'm feeling a lot better now, and I've gotten back into the swing of things.

Onto the actual subject, here is the second gym city, Everquart Peak City (it has to be shortened to Everquart City due to in-game location name character limits). The second badge is the Peak Badge, a Flying type gym. On another note, a two gym demo may not be out for a long while, merely because I really want to polish the demo for best quality possible.

[​IMG]

18. LaDestitute

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    No, I'm not dead or anything! I'm incredibly sorry for the horrendous three month delay between updates. The actual reason was that I got lazy and didn't really do any romhacking work, but I wasn't in the mood either. Since Pokémon X & Y is just a month and a half away or so, I got back into the mood!

Better late than never, right?

Also...

I also needed to focus more on my life and school, I have to admit. Seriously.

I know it ain't much, almost all of the tiles are default, and it looks a little hacked together like some poorly done DIY project, but here is Everquart City Gym! The gym leader's name is Cliff, and he specializes in Flying types! It's kind of ice themed, because the city is at the summit of a mountain, and it tends to snow a lot. The player will be pushed into a cavern basement from the icy tiles on 1F, and they'll have to press switches on 2F to create tiles on the ice that will keep them on the right track towards Cliff. It's recently been on my mind but I should probably make it a full ice floor, eh?

[​IMG]

19. halfnhalf123

halfnhalf123 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    is there a download for it or is it still in dev? if so is there a demo available and where can i get it?

20. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I never really messed with Pokémon romhacks but this looks neat, clearly a lot of care is going into it. Post a link as soon as one is available, I'd like to try it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.