1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

[1 × 1] Trial of the Guardian Deities - Pixel × Marine

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Pixel, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    ~ INTRODUCTION ~
    "Every year, countless Trainers venture across the islands of the Alola Region in order to complete the Island Challenge, and gain blessing from the Guardian Deities. In this story, we'll follow two Trainers as they embark on their own Island Challenges, as well as explore the mysteries of each island's Guardian Deities."

~ SETTING + PLOT ~
    This RP will take place in the Alola Region, and will follow the story almost exactly as how the games' story does. Both players will be participating in all of Alola's Trials and Grand Trials, and then eventually challenging the Pokémon League, as well as dealing with Team Skull and the Aether Foundation.

~ CHARACTERS ~
    Name: Shiro Hidashi
    Hometown: Malie City, Alola Region
    Appearance: This is what he looks like
    Personality: Shiro is generally a quiet, reserved person, who doesn't really interact with the people around him. He's not fond of large crowds or being at the centre of attention. Once he makes friends with someone, he's quite the jokester, and a good listener. Shiro isn't easily provoked, but doing so brings out a side of him that's beyond comprehension. He has some history in the Alola Region, where he was born, that he does not like sharing unless he is very close with a person.
    Current Team:
    Current Awards:

Name: Alessandra Frost (Alessa)
    Hometown: Celestic Town, Sinnoh (originally from Ecruteak City, Johto)
    Appearance: This is what she looks like
    Personality: Alessa is a really curious person and works as a researcher in the Celestic Town Historical Center. She is an expert on world myths and loves nothing more than to learn new things about the history of the Pokémon world. She is a bit closed off about her past and prefers not to get touched by other people. She is a bit arrogant about the knowledge that she has and can be seen as a bitch in that regards. In truth, she is a shy girl that just hides beneath a mask of confidence. She is very kind, and caring but just tries to hide it.
    Current Team:
    Current Awards:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    So... This was supposed to be the house of the famous Professor Kukui? Alessa sighed as she looked at the beaten up house and shook her head in disdain. She hoisted her bag back on her shoulders and walked up to the front door. As she was reached out to knock on the door, crash sounds filled the air. Letting out yet another sigh, she forwent knocking and just went inside the house to see the professor standing there taking attacks from a Rockruff.

She cleared her throat loudly seeing as they were taking a small break and Kukui looked up to see her standing in the doorway.

"Hi, I was supposed to come and deliver a package from Pr. Carolina to you, I think. My name is Alessa Frost. She did inform you I was going to be here?" The bluenette took off her bag and retrieved the package from its depth. Kukui just laughed heartily as he took the package from her.

"Indeed, she did. She also mentioned that you were interested in researching the ruins here and wanting to take part in the trials." He quickly went down the stairs to store the package. When he came back he was holding three Poké Balls in his hands.

"She asked me to make sure you got a starter. So, here they are. Pick one!" He released the Pokémon and mentioned Alessa to go and take a closer look. She just rolled her eyes and looked at the three Pokémon in front of her. One was a tan and green owlet, the second a Black and red kitten, and the last one looked like a clown and a sea lion. Alesse cocked her head to the side as she approached the Water-type. The blue sea lion stared back for a few seconds before scooting forward and curling up around her feet.

"These Pokémon are Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio. I think that Popplio has already claimed you, girl." Kukui boomed as he clapped her on the shoulder.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "Oh, I hope I'm not late! Stupid Wailord blocking the whole freakin' ocean..." Shiro said as he made his way down the dirt path to Professor Kukui's house. He had been in contact with the professor, and finally decided to go on the Island Challenge. His Pokémon, Caitlyn the Alolan Vulpix, ran happily beside him.

"Yeah, well, you run all the time. My body was not ready for this..." Shiro groaned as he ran. Caitlyn cheerfully yapped back at him, making Shiro roll his eyes, but he also couldn't help cracking a smile. Eventually, he noticed a building on the shore, and made his way towards it. He stood in front of the steps that lead to the front door, his hands on his knees as he took deep breaths.

"Is this... Yeah, this must be... the place! There's no... no other house... on this beach, after all." Shiro huffed, before heading towards the door. He went to knock, but noticed the door was ajar, so he peeked inside. That's where he found Professor Kukui, the 3 starter Pokémon he'd come to know through his video chats with the professor... and a girl he'd never met before.

Great, new people. I hope I don't have to be with her for long...

"Hi, Professor!" Shiro smiled, Caitlyn trotting beside him.

4. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Alessa had scooped up the little blue Pokémon, who had started talking to her at a speed she could barely follow. She would just absentmindedly nod at him and bopped him softly on the nose. Then the door swung open to reveal a white haired boy, with a small white fox peering around his ankles. He was greeting the professor as he walked into the small house, while the fox was trotting beside him.

Kukui quickly greeted the newcomer.

"Ha, Shiro. Glad to see you could make it. I hope the journey wasn't too exhausting for you. You look a bit winded." Kukui commented.

The bluenette rolled her eyes once again, as she looked at Kukui giving Shiro the same treatment as she had endured.

"Well, then time for you to pick a Pokémon, Shiro. Popplio isn't available anymore, though. She claimed Alessa here as her new trainer." The man boasted, giving her a big thumbs up. She just inched away to her bag, wanting to get out of there.

5. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Shiro looked over at the girl, who was nose-booping her new Pokémon.

"Ah, I see. In that case... I'll take that Rowlet, then!" Shiro smiled. Rowlet happily flew into his arms, cooing softly as Shiro pet him. Litten, on the other hand, meowed softly, looking a little upset. Kukui bent down and picked it up.

"Don't worry, there's another Trainer who's supposed to be coming today. You can go with him." Kukui smiled. Litten gave a happy meow, and leaped out of Kukui's arms to go play with Rockruff.

"Alright, you two, come here." Kukui said. Shiro and Alessa walked over, as instructed. Kukui pulled out some small wooden charms from his pocket.

"These are your Island Challenge amulets, yeah. Keep them on you at all times, it'll let Trainers know you're taking on the Island Challenge, and they'll probably want to battle you." The professor explained. As he gave the two Trainers their amulets, a flash of red sped through the room.

"Oh, and here's my other parting gift. Rotom, here please!" Kukui beamed. The red flash eventually slowed down, floating in front of Kukui. It was... a Pokédex? But it had arms, and a face.

"Howdy, kiddos! I'm the Rotom Pokédex, bzzt! I'll be your guide during your Island Challenge." The Pokédex said. Shiro's eyes lit up.

"I-It talks!? It's a Rotom, inside a Pokédex, that can speak perfect English! Amazing..." Shiro gasped, gawking at Rotom.

"Yup, the kid from Kalos who built the body worked real hard, so make sure he doesn't get ruined! It's also the last one I had left, so you're gonna have to share it... by taking your Island Challenge together, woo!" Kukui beamed. Shiro felt his stomach drop, and he could see that the girl beside him wasn't exactly pleased either.

"B-But..." Shiro protested, or at least he tried as Kukui physically pushed both Trainers and all of their Pokémon out of the front door, slamming it shut behind him, but not without a kind 'Alola' beforehand. Shiro turned to face the girl beside him.

"I guess we're gonna be travel partners then, huh..." Shiro said, smiling weakly.

6. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "It seems that way. Alright, Rotom, where is the closest Pokémon center? I am tired after all the traveling and I want Nurse Joy to look at Sirena and Hope." Alessa shrugged as she looked at her new "travel partner".

Rotom happily bleeped and pointed out the Pokeon Center that was literally only a few hunderd yards away. Alessa sighed, shows how observant she had been today.

"Are you coming or not? I wouldn't be opposed to just leaving you behind." She shot at the white haired boy, while fastening the amulet to her bag.

7. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Shiro sighed. It didn't look like he had a choice.

"Sure, let's go then. Oh, by the way, I'm Shiro. Shiro Hidashi." Shiro said, extending his hand for a handshake. He knew there was no avoiding this, so he might as well try to get along with this girl.

8. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Alessandra Frost, but call me Alessa if you want." She replied, shaking the extended hand briefly before letting it drop. Instead of loitering around, she hoisted her bag back on her back and started walking to the Pokémon Center. Quickly traversing the terrain, she found herself standing in the Center and talking to Nurse Joy within minutes. RotomDex had fastened itself temporarily to her bag and she found that she could live with that.

"Good afternoon, Nurse Joy. Would you mind quickly checking my Pokémon?" She greeted the nurse on duty and her PokéBalls were quickly taken away by the friendly nurse.

9. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "Oh, mine too, please." Shiro added, giving the nurse his Poke Balls. The nurse smiled and took the Poke Balls, placing them in the healing machine. As the two waited, Shiro turned and saw that there was a cafe in the Pokémon Center, just like the one in Malie City. He walked over to the cashier.

"Hey there, what can I get you?" the man smiled.

"One Roserade Tea, please." Shiro replied.

"Anything else?" the man asked. Shiro was about to say no, but then he remembered that Alessa was with him. He turned to face her.

"Hey, did you want anything? I'm buying, so just get whatever." Shiro asked.

10. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Roserade Tea is fine." Alessa sat down at a table before pulling out a guide book and a book about the legendary guardians from Alola: the Tapu's.

She had probably read the books three times already on the trip to Alola, but she felt as if she was still missing some information. She spied the boy, Shiro her mind supplied, coming to the table with the drink. She couldn't lay her finger on it, but he was acting a bit strange. Also, why had Kukui so readily agreed to them taking on the Alolan Trails? She mulled over the questions in her head she she read the chapter on Melemele Island again.

"So, why did you come to Alola to take the Trials?" She asked, taking a sip from her cooled down tea.

11. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Shiro took a sip of his tea, he liked it hot, and then set the cup down to speak.

"Me? Hmm, good question. Uhm... I guess, I was just an inside kid growing up, then one day I met Kukui, and he somehow convinced me to go explore the outside world. I started by exploring my town, Malie City, before moving out a bit further, and a bit further, until I had explored almost all of Ula'ula Island. On one of those outings, I happened to find a Pokémon being attacked by some other Pokémon. That Pokémon was Caitlyn, my Alolan Vulpix. I took her home, but I had no idea what a Pokémon Center was, so Kukui helped me treat her right from my room. After that, Caitlyn stuck around, and I eventually made her my first Pokémon. Kukui then suggested that Caitlyn and I take on the Island Challenge, so I can see the rest of my home region, and he set me up with another Pokémon to choose from and the Rotom Pokédex. But, it seems that things didn't go as he planned. Maybe he only got one RotomDex in and we both happened to show up on the same day, or whatever... But, enough about me, what about you? I know it's silly for someone who lives in a tropical region and is as pale as me to say this, but you don't look like you're from around here."

12. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "I didn't ask for your entire history, kid. But to answer your question, I come from Celestic Town, Sinnoh, originally born in Johto. Not exactly from around here. I am a researcher at the Celestic Town Historical Research Center specializing in Pokémon Myths and Legends. I came to study the Myths surrounding the Tapu's and got somehow roped into taking the Trials as they are, and I quote, "essential for the right understanding of the culture and legends"." Alessa snorted as she said the last part. She emotied her cup and snapped her book shut with a soft noise.

"You think Nurse Joy is done with our Pokémon? I'd like to try and meet with the kahuna before tomorrow, if I can." She asked the boy.

13. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Just then, a chime went off over the center's loudspeaker, and the two Trainers' names were called shortly after.

"I believe that answers your question." Shiro said with a slight grin. He grabbed his teacup, as well as Alessa's, and took them both over to the counter, then joined Alessa at the service desk to collect their Poké Balls, before finally leaving the Pokémon Center.

"Alright, you said you wanted to meet the kahuna? Kukui told me the kahuna of this island is named Hala, and he lives in some place called Iki Town... I guess Rotom's going to be guiding us a lot, huh?" Shiro shrugged. He fished a Poké Ball from his pocket, and sent out the Pokémon inside - Rowlet.

"Hey there, lil' guy~ We're going on a little walk, so I thought you'd wanna stretch your wings a bit, eh? Oh, I haven't given you a name yet! How about... Oliver!"

Rowlet, or rather Oliver, cooed in delight, before stretching its wings and taking off, flying circles in the sky to warm up.

"Wow, look at him go..." Shiro sighed. He turned his attention back to Alessa.

"You ready to meet the kahuna?"

14. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Yeah. I need to speak with him to be allowed near the ruins on this island. Of course, I could just ignore the customs, but you know." Alessa shrugged. She too had released one of her Pokémon, but not the Pokémon that she had gotten from Kukui. Instead it was a brown puppy with a very light brown tail that was barking at her.

"This is Hope, my very first partner." She introduced her partner to the boy as she walked in the direction that Rotom had indicated. The little bugger had been listening to their conversation and had very helpfully already displayed the destination on his screen.

"Hm, Rotom might be even more helpful than I thought." She muttered.

15. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    "I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a nuisance..." Shiro added, before the two set off for Iki Town.

As they walked, there were brief periods of uncomfortable silence. Shiro, wanting to be polite, decide to ask a question that would hopefully give an answer that lasted the whole trip.

"So, Alessa, what is it about the myths and legends of the Pokémon world that lead you to be so interested as to study them? Nowadays, most young Trainers go on to become stronger, compete in contests, musicals, athletics or tournaments, but you decided to study. I'm glad to see our resource of knowledgeable people isn't dwindling."

16. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Don't try and pin this on me being noble. I couldn't become a Trainer. Not since the accident that left me with years of physical therapy and the ocassional problems with walking." Alessa shrugged as she continued walking.

"Besides the only ones to gain a career that is significant enough while being a trainer, are the mono-type trainers and the incredibly powerful." She sneered, kicking the ground in her frustration. Her Rockruff quickly picked up on his trainer's bad mood and convinced her trainer to pick her up. When that was done, Hope smothered Alessa's face with kisses.
    It made the bluenette smile a bit.

17. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Shiro opened his mouth to keep talking, but then he just sighed and closed it.

"It'd be better if I didn't say anything at all... I guess we're just gonna have to get used to each other slowly. I don't even know why I tried to rush things, I've never had any friends. Well, except Kukui, and... No, he's not your friend. Don't think about him."

Shiro shook the bad thoughts out of his head, and tried to concentrate on the scenery around him. That's when he noticed two young boys having a Pokémon battle.

"Hey Alessa, look at those two." Shiro said, nudging the girl with his elbow and pointing.

"I wonder if they'd take us on in a battle?" He thought aloud.

18. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "I do not know, but please refrain from touching me in such a casual manner." Alessa glared at the boy for a short time. "I am guessing you want to try out your new Pokémon. If that is the case, I am not opposed to a trail battle with Sirena."

She spun the Poké Ball that contained her newest Pokémon on her finger with expertise. To tell the truth, she was itching to see what her newest Pokémon was capable of.

"If only he would stop and try to be so familiar with me, then he could be a fine travel partner and maybe even an assistant." The bluenette mused lightly.

19. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Shiro cupped his hands, calling over to the two boys.

"Hey, uh, you... boys! Yeah, do you want to, uh, uhmmm, oh yeah, BATTLE. Do you wanna battle, with me and this girl? She's my, uh, she's my friend. We want to fight. Pokémon fight. Yeah, fight... with Pokémon!"

The two boys exchanged a concerned look, before making their way over to Shiro and Alessa. Shiro's eyes lit up.

"Oh, oh! They're coming over! Alessa, did you see? I did it! I was worried, apart from you, Kukui, the barrista and the nurse, these are the first people I've spoken too in a while! I hope I didn't sound to nervous!"

20. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Well, buddy. I think it is safe to say that you messed up." Alessa rolled her eyes as she placed her backpack on the ground, rolling one shoulder to get the muscles to loosen up again. While she spoke the boys had gotten closer and now looking at Shiro with a concerned look on their face. The bluenette just waved at them.

"Don't mind him, he is a bit out of practice. Would you guys like to have a double battle? We just got some new Pokémon." She asked sweetly.