1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

5 Second Rule

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Vigilance, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Dancey

Dancey Sailor

THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE L E D G E N D
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽133.7
    Whatever food it is, the 5 second rule is a no-no. Whenever my food hits the floor, I die just a little inside as I toss it into the trash can.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Depends on where I drop it and what I drop. If I drop it on a dirty nasty floor, bathroom floor dont know why I would eat in the bathroom then heck no. And if it is melty or cream in some way then no way will I eat it, all the little things stick to the melty bits.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    ewww haha. Once it falls on the floor I won't eat it no matter how long it's been there.. I'm already picky enough. One of the few exceptions are things like pills (and depending on where it fell) since those are usually easily washable. As far as actual food goes, nope. bluh. The thought alone is pretty gross. ='x

yepp

4. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    I'll eat it.

5. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    I'll eat it, unless it's covered in sauce or syrup or anything that dust can stick to. Then it's a no from me.

6. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I've really enjoyed seeing your responses, especially Eclipse's take on it. Keep em coming :D

7. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    Most foods fall under the 5 second rule.
    It's mostly used as a gag and not supposed to be taken seriously.

Once it hits the floor you are done.
    The 5 second rule, is just used to redeem the lost food somehow *shrug*

8. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I admit, I'm pretty nitpicky about cleanliness (not to the level Levi is, but almost there) so eating food that has touched the floor is not an option. I imagine FEELING all the germs...*shudder*
    #MissingNo

9. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I always thought it was 3 seconds?

Well, either way...yeah, no. Food goes on floor, food goes in bin.

10. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    same, hahah :3
    but like what's already been mentioned, depends on the circumstances. at home, i might do it, but not really other places.
    does the rule apply to food that's dropped off the, say, plate and onto the table? because i eat food off the table more than i eat food off the floor :P

11. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    The rule is entirely arbitrary, and really just depends on how willing somebody is to eat food off of something that isn't a plate (or dish or bowl or whatever). Some foods you can't do that with (cereal bars, for example), in which case the floor would be the only factor.

If you keep your table reasonably clean, then sure, fine, whatever floats your boat. Really, it all depends on someone's willingness to eat food after it's been dropped - so I wouldn't worry about the specifics of the rule, just its spirit.

12. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    If it's in a house and I drop it, I give it a bit of time; offices/non-houses don't count. ANYWHERE outside though and it's an immediate toss in the garbage.

13. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I just dropped some peanuts and used the 5 sec rule ayyyy