1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

A Collection of Weekly Prompts

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Owly, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I'm hoping that I'll be doing a lot of these when I get bored, and I'm bored now, so I'm going to start hammering away at some of the weekly prompts in this thread. I highly appreciate anyone who takes a moment to review anything I write.

Most of my responses will probably contain my characters Joan and Venice from an up-and-coming fanfiction (when I make it readable, I'll post it). I'll do my best every time to treat each passage like its own story and include all the information a new reader would need.

Here's my very first.

I hadn't exactly intended to bring all my Pokémon to the grocery store. Initially I had only wanted to bring my Gardevoir - its psychic abilities would be perfect for getting in and out of there quickly. Lauralise, as I called it, was only too happy to accompany me. However, Devon - my Gallade - immediately charged favoritism against me and demanded that he was brought along as well. The commotion raised brought the attention of my other Pokémon. It was dreadfully unfortunate - though I explained time and time again that the grocery store was a boring place full of harried, grumpy shoppers, they all imagined it as a sort of paradise. In the end, I was forced to bring the whole motley crew along.

When we arrived at the grocery store, Thile's eyes popped out of their sockets. The Jigglypuff was a notorious attention-seeker and, on a Saturday afternoon, the store was packed. It took everything I could do to stop Thile from bursting into song. Meanwhile, I had another problem. People were shrieking about a troublemaking Umbreon; I turned to investigate, and saw my Luna barreling through the crowd. That was when I realized Kiki was missing. Of course - there were so many shiny things in the store, the Klefki just couldn't resist. Luna, possibly the most mature of my lot, was just trying to catch it before it caused any mayhem. Unfortunately, the shiny was causing some itself.

I glanced at my three psychics while I restrained Thile. Lauralise and Devon were already consulting the grocery list I had given them, and items were floating into my shopping cart. Espurr counted off each one with its usual adorable naivety. I was sure they'd be fine on their own; I had to find that Klefki.

The crowded store was none too friendly towards an exasperated trainer, and I had to shove my way through throngs of annoyed people to finally find Luna, sitting on the floor with Kiki in its mouth. I couldn't pick up the Klefki - my hands were still full - but I praised Luna on its hard work and led the way back to our shopping cart, a little island in an ocean of chaos.

I pulled out my Pokeballs and Returned every Pokémon but Espurr, who happily pawed through my wallet and handed over the currency needed for my purchase. The cashier smiled. "It's like you've got a little child in there."

"Right," I groaned. "And five more in my belt."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017