1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

A few months back I designed an Alolan Shuckle for an art contest!

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Fable_PH, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Fable_PH

Fable_PH Pixels and Paints

Sketch
    (Flygon)
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽307.1
    [​IMG]

Here are some details:

Shuckle: The Mold Pokémon

Height: 2'03'Weight: 50 lbs.

Type: Bug/WaterAbility: Sturdy

Hidden Ability: Contrary

Info: Shuckle in Alola found too much competition on land for food and other resources, so they fled to tidal pools. There they learned that they could feed off the scraps of slow moving Slowbro and Slowpoke. As a result, their shells slowly developed to resemble that of a Shellder attached to a Slowbro’s tail, allowing it to better blend in with Slowbro and avoid potential predators.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Hey Fable! Glad to see you make it here! :)

I really like the Alolan Shuckle design you got going on the there. The concept behind it is pretty neat (Shellder/Slowbro) and is pretty interesting. What program do you use when drawing?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fable_PH

Sketch
    (Flygon)
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽307.1
    I use Paint Tool SAI for all of my digital drawings and sketches, and GIMP for my spritework! Both are super user friendly with great options, and GIMP has one of the best setups for clean pixel art I've seen from a non-pixel art program to date.

4. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I agree with you. I haven't tried Paint Tool Sai yet (I've experimented with Medibang instead) but GIMP is my go to (it was for a long time over PS). What canvas size do you use if I may ask? I use smaller sizes and someone told me that's probably why my drawings end up looking really grainy.

5. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    0: I follow you on dA I'm pretty sure! I knew I've seen this somewhere! Just as awesome to see it here!!

6. Fable_PH

Sketch
    (Flygon)
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽307.1
    It's currently my featured post on DA, so that would be why it's so familiar lol. Glad you enjoy it, I had a lot of fun making it!

7. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    OwO This is great! I love the Pokédex entry you did on it too ^_^

8. Fable_PH

Sketch
    (Flygon)
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽307.1
    Thank you! I try to make a writeup of some kind for all of my fakemon/fanmade forms, it gives them a bit more personality imo and helps keep them from feeling too generic. Everything is more exciting with a story after all!