1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Anime characters with the same voicers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JirachiWish, Oct 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Are there any anime characters you were surprised to find they had the same voice actors?
    [​IMG]
    Just yesterday I learned that Yumemitchi [floppy-eared one with pink ribbon] from the English Tamagotchi Friends shorts has the same voice as Madoka from the Puella Magi Madoka Magica English dub. I even watched the English Madoka Magica trailer and they sound exactly the same. XD I guess I found it funny sine Madoka Magica is such a dark show but Tamagotchi is basically sparkles and rainbows.

Furthermore, Kiraritchi [the one wearing the blue eskimo hat] has the same voicer as English dub Kyubey...so Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi's voicers also voiced Madoka and Kyubey respectively. That's funny because Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi are best friends but I'm pretty sure Kyubey kinda ruined Madoka's life ;P

As for Japan, Kiraritchi's Japanese voice actress voices Dawn from Pokémon.

What instances of anime characters voiced by the same person do you find funny or surprising?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Ryan Smith

Ryan Smith Animation Writer

PokéPoints:
    ₽391.1
    Rouge the Bat and Omochao from Sonic Heroes. I have actually met and had Skype calls with the voice actress who did those two characters; Lani Minella. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    JirachiWish likes this.
  3. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Lucario and Goku share the same voice actor so that's a thing.

4. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Mamoru Miyano voices some of the most amazing characters. The edgy Zero from Vampire Knight, the frivolous Tamaki from Ouran, and Sho from Skip Beat.
    How can a voice be so smooth that it makes characters even more attractive? Voice actors are scary.

5. Sanctuary

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽94.1
    I learned this yesterday:
    [​IMG]

Needless to say, this is now one of my favorite memes.

Another thing I learned yesterday was this:
    [​IMG]

Kimizuki from Owari no Seraph and Genos from One Punch Man both share the same voice actors.
    I really love Genos and Kimizuki is also a cool character, so it made me appreciate both of these animes more than I already did.
    Plus both of them are my 2 favorite currently on-going animes. :)

6. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Kanade Tachibana, or Angel, from Angel Beats! and my bby Kobato from Kobato share a VA.
    Also, the kid with the Grovyle from the XY anime is voiced by Ikue Otani in the Jap version, aka Pikachu's voice.

7. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    Back then I was clueless when our very own Satoshi/Ash's Japanese VA (Matsumoto Rika) was taking a role of leading the kids who piloted a giant mecha before that, as Jin Hyuuga (from Raijin-Oh), no less!

And for some reason, in Japanese, Endou Mamoru (or Mark Evans) from Inazuma Eleven sounded almost similar to Naruto for me.

8. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Yoshitsugu Matsuoka. I swear to god he's in literally every anime I watch nowadays.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] and he also plays countless less important roles in other series.

9. Eru Iluvatar

Eru Iluvatar Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    It blew my mind to find out that the English dub for Kyon in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (the greatest English dub I've ever heard), Crispin Freeman, also did the dub for Itachi Uchiha in Naruto. Apparently, he also did Jeremiah Gottwald in Code Geass and Kirei Kotomine in Fate/Zero. o:

10. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    He also did a spectacular job of Alucard in the dubs of Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate. Honestly, he's just so good.

Todd Haberkorn is also in a lot of animes I've watched. First time encountering Ling Yao in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood? Thought he sounded a lot like Death the Kid from Soul Eater. Lol.

Similar to the above, Truth from FMA:B sounded quite a bit like Soul Eater's Medusa. Luci Christian anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.