1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fanfiction Anime Remix Special: The Remix of Darkrai

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by WavePearl, Sep 8, 2018.

1. WavePearl

Rosie
    (Roselia)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,324.5
    (rated E10+ for fantasy violence and frightening images)

Here is a special request and a gift for fans of my series--what Pokémon movie 10 would look like within my imagined Pokeworld.

Remember this is not quite the same movie you remember!

All characters, names, and other indicia are trademarks of their respective owners.

Prologue: The Way to Alamos Town

"Nervous about the Contest in Alamos Town?" Ash asked as the group made their way down the road. It had been a few days since Dawn had befriended a Ralts inside Solaceon Ruins. Dawn had planned to use her new Ralts in the Solaceon Contest, but then Barry had informed her about Alamos Town.

Brock looked up from the guidebook. He winced when he noticed the group's current position looked nothing like the picture in the guidebook. "I hate to say it, guys, but we're lost. No nice way to say it."

"Typical Barry..." Dawn sighed as Ash groaned. "Tells us all about a cool detour, but neglects to give us directions..."

"According to the chapter on Alamos Town, the town is actually raised on a mountain surrounded by a lake." Brock explained. "This expanse of tall grass looks nothing like that..."

Ash spotted a checkered hot air balloon approaching their position. "Hey, look!"

"Hello there, travelers!" a blonde haired woman smiled as her older pilot guided the balloon to the ground. "Need a ride to Alamos Town?"

"Sure!" Dawn hurried to the gondola and climbed inside. "I've always wanted to take a balloon ride, miss..."

"Alice, please." the girl replied. "And this is Tonio, my co-pilot and navigator."

"Pleased to meet you, travelers." the older man smiled as he petted a Chimchar. "Ember here is the one powering the burner."

Ash facepalmed when he heard a familiar guitar playing the intro to the song "Up, Up, and Away". Brock, this is not the time to play a song...

A discordant Eb chord made him heave a sigh of relief. [You can sing all you want when we get to where we're goin', coach.] Kage scolded Brock.

Alice smiled as she climbed back inside the gondola with a shaped piece of grass. "If you want to play music so bad, let me share with you a song that is special to the residents of Alamos..."

With that, she started playing a peaceful melody that resonated across the plain. "Wow!" Dawn gasped as a variety of bird Pokémon met the balloon in the air.

"What's the name of that song?" Ash wondered as he found one of his whistles in his pocket. "And why is it special?"

"It's an ancient melody..." Alice explained. "The only known name for it is the Oración."

"The Oración, huh?" Brock mused. "Is it anything like the Swanna Song?"

"Yes and no--while it is a song said to have magical power, it is not a last ditch spell." Alice explained. "It's actually more of a great healing song. One legend I once heard said that it calmed two Legendary Pokémon that were battling across space and time. But as far as I know, it's only a story."

"Ah, but remember that sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction." Brock smiled.

"That is true." Tonio agreed. "We will be arriving soon, so gather your belongings and make sure your teams are accounted for."

Alice set down a sheet of musical staff paper on the gondola floor. "What key is your instrument?" she asked Ash.

"This is a D whistle--the 'standard' whistle key." Ash replied.

"Okay..." Alice wrote two sharps as the key signature, then quickly wrote out the song's melody in the new key. "The only note that may give you trouble is a high F# in the second octave." she cautioned.

"I've been playing for a while, so I can hit that note consistently." Ash assured Alice.

"For now, just practice the melody as I have it here." Alice began. "Then you can add in ornamentation to make this song your own."

"Got it." Ash replied as he stashed his whistle and Alice's transcription of the Oración in his bag.

"You finished the music lesson just in time." Tonio smiled as the rooftops of ornate buildings and a mountain came into view. "Welcome to Alamos Town."

The group gasped in awe at the city, and the ornate designs on many of the buildings. "This looks way better than the picture in the guidebook!" Dawn smiled as she admired the elegant tilework and the fountain in the town square.

The balloon touched down on a hill near the square some moments later. "Thanks for the ride." Brock smiled as he woke Tarina up. "We're here...this is Alamos Town."

Tarina yawned, then gasped at the buildings. [Wow...this was the place Barry told us about?]

Dawn nodded. "This is the place."

"I'm sure you're tired from your travels." Tonio smiled. "Please, make yourselves at home, and enjoy your visit."

To Be Continued...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

Rosie
    (Roselia)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,324.5
    Episode 1: A Taste of Friendship

"So what should we do first?" Brock asked as the group started down the main street.

"Try some of the local food here!" Ash suggested. "I'm starved!"

"Good idea--I've always wanted to visit a tapas place." Dawn replied as the group passed by a restaurant that was preparing for the lunch rush.

"Tapas?" Ash wondered as the group found an outdoor table to sit at.

"If you'd like, the list of selections on our tapas bar is on the second page." the waiter explained. He brought the group some complimentary cans of an exotic orange soda. "It's all you care to enjoy for a flat price."

"Guess we'll all order off the tapas bar, then." Dawn told the waiter as the group returned the menus.

"Enjoy your meal." the waiter smiled back as the group went inside to see what the tapas bar had to offer.

---------

"Okay, I got some fried cheese balls, this beef stew looking stuff, some mushrooms, and some sweet peppers so I had some semblance of veggies." Ash explained as he returned with his first plate. "What did you guys get?"

"I got some of those cheese balls, some of these pastry pockets that Brock got, some Combusken on a stick, and some veggie kebabs." Dawn explained. "I wanted to get some of those small peppers you got, but I was afraid they'd be hot. The sign by the tureen said 'dulce'..."

"That means 'sweet', so they're not hot." Brock assured Dawn. "If they're hot, the sign will say 'picante'--which is hot in the spicy sense."

He turned his attention back to his plate. "I couldn't resist getting some of those fried cheese balls myself. I also have these little pastry pockets--two each of the meat kind and the cheese kind. I've also got some of these egg roll looking things and some veggie kebabs."

"Great choices, everyone." Dawn smiled. "Let's dig in!"

As the group started eating, Tintri noticed a crowd growing on the town square. [What's going on?]

"You're in for a treat, viajeros--the street theater troupe Luminata is about to perform." a brown haired boy replied as he and his Torterra settled on the curb near the restaurant's terrace. "They combine music, dance, and acting into a show you won't soon forget."

"Cool!" Dawn smiled.

"But they only take volunteers from the crowd on the square, so you won't need to worry about your tapas getting cold." the boy went on. "I'm Maury, and this is Salvia."

"Nice to meet you--I'm Dawn." Dawn smiled as a black haired boy arrived with an Empoleon and a girl with short red hair arrived with an Infernape. "My companions and I are in town for the Contest."

"Hi, I'm Ash!" Ash smiled between bites. "And my partner, Tintri." he grinned as Tintri bounded on his shoulder.

"I'm Brock--mucho gusto. Brock replied.

Maury smiled back. "Nice to meet you all. These two are Kai..." The black haired boy waved hello. "...and Allegra." the girl waved hello.

"Is it true that people battle Tauros here?" Ash asked.

"Not so much anymore--out of respect for the Tauros." Kai replied. "I would've come earlier, but Glacier was eager to get some fish."

Allegra, meanwhile, noticed Brock's guitar case. "Una guitarra! Do you play at all?"

Brock decided to answer Allegra in Spanish. "Hace ocho años que toco la guitarra."

"Wow! Eso es mucho tiempo!" Allegra gasped.

"Huh?" Dawn was confused.

"I said 'I have played guitar for eight years'. Brock explained as the waiter arrived with the bill. "it's one possible way to say how long you've been doing something."

"Do we have to leave a tip?" Ash asked as Brock and Dawn set down their shares of the bill.

"If you had tapas, a hundred credits or two is fine, but not required." Kai explained. "Usually if the waiter or waitress went above and beyond the call."

"I'll leave an extra hundred, then." Ash smiled as he set down his share of the bill and a small tip.

"I'll see if I can play a little bit later, but I don't want to upstage Luminata if they are as good as you say." Brock assured the group's new friends as they moved closer to the square. A group of eight performers were nearby, putting the finishing touches on their makeshift set.

"Atención a todos! Luminata will now present to you the tale of the shining Chatot!" a young black haired woman in an exotically colored costume announced. Applause filled the air as the performers hurried into position.

"You may wanna write this down..." Ash whispered to Brock. Brock nodded, and retrieved his story notebook.

"I see you're a bit of a storyteller..." Maury smiled as he spotted Brock's Fantasy Stage bag. "Luminata doesn't mind if you write down the story--just give credit where credit is due."

"I always do." Brock assured Maury. "I typically explain where I learned a story from and any important cultural info before I start."

"Once upon a time in what is now Alamos Town, a brother and sister lived with their father in a happy little home." the black haired woman began. "They were especially proud of their garden, which was full of rare and exotic plants. The mother had died when the children were very small. This meant the girl--let's call her Marisol--was the lady of the house. She was a fine housekeeper, and everything about the place shone like the sun..."

To Be Continued...

#2 Sep 15, 2018 at 11:35 AM
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018 at 7:18 AM