1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

TV / Movies Avengers: Endgame

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wizard, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    In just a few weeks, Avengers: Endgame will release. This is the culmination of nearly two dozen Marvel films (and I've seen all but one), and perhaps the end for some of our favorite heroes. Endgame has some of the biggest hype I've ever seen around a movie. I'm so excited myself, that I bought tickets more than three weeks in advance. I'm a broke college student, but there was no way I was passing up on this movie.

Will you be watching it in theaters? Are you going to wait for it to come to video? Are you an opening weekend goer? Any predictions about the movie?

(And once the movie comes out, please no spoilers for the movie, pls and thank u)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Rezna likes this.
  2. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I think everyone's already figured out how Ant Man's gonna defeat Thanos.

Seriously though, I loved Infinity War, and I can't wait to see how this one turns out!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Rezna likes this.
  3. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I can't afford to see it. I'll be lucky if it's still in theaters by the time I'm done with school; I know my mom is going to want to see it...

4. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    YES.

We've already bought tickets(since it's for my brother's birthday, we bought around 15 of them). We're seeing it one day after it is released in my area(still before the US release though, I believe).

We all know that Ant-Man is going to defeat Thanos.

5. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I can’t wait! I don’t know whether I’ll see it opening weekend but I am definitely seeing it in theaters. So pumped! I just hope they don’t make one hero do all the work, whether that be Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Thor, Nebula, or Antman.

6. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    My buddies had already pre-ordered tickets and asked if I wanted in. I wanted so badly to say yes, but my work schedule is set to change around that time so there's no telling if I'll be able to go or have to skip out. Taking a day off wouldn't work either because I won't know my schedule until about that time and administration needs at least a couple of weeks' notice to factor in absent staff.

I'll probably go and see it later when the hype starts to die down and the theater isn't packed to capacity.

Considering how they went all Game of Thrones to kill off a huge majority of the Avengers and allies especially at the end; I'm thinking that this movie is going to be a darker and more serious one. There is probably going to be a lot less funny moments (may have some notable) and I'm sure the action/fight scenes will be heavier in having more significance rather than hordes of mooks getting mowed down by the Avengers effortlessly.

I can't wait to see it, but it looks like I'm gonna have to.

7. Wabi Sabi

Ralts
    (Ralts)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽130.0
    I pre ordered tickets for the 25th already, so boi, I'm so ready. And it's during spring break, too, which is even better. I've literally never seen so much hype around a movie, as you said. And the fact it's going to be three hours long... strap in for the biggest ride of your life, lads.

Rezna likes this.
  8. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I mean, they still have to stick to the comics. Although Infinity War had many major differences from it's comic counterpart, like Thano's motives (in the comics, Thanos was trying to with the heart of Death herself, and did everything she told him.), they have to stick true to the ending. So, if you read the endgame comic, you'll find out how the game ends. (Sorry) also I haven't yet read the endgame comics, so yea.
    I'd love to see it though, so get your mom's credit card and type in all the digits, including the PIN and any other useful info so I can
    But I don't know if I can or will, unless someone invites me.

9. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Ehhh... Honestly I'm sick to death of Marvel movies at this point, so don't have much interest on seeing Endgame. I'd rather wait until it is put on Netflix or whatever.
    Far more interested in seeing Shazam personally. At least its not Marvel and it actually looks pretty good.

10. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I don't have it in me to watch a three-hour adaptation of the Infinity Gauntlet with bits of the slightly more recent Infinity sprinkled in, honestly. I'm more than a little disgusted by how badly they've butchered elements from the comics...and no, I wouldn't call it "adaptation" either, especially in the case of Infinity War's version of The Black Order. I haven't seen anything that bad since the Silver Surfer killed Galactus in the second Fantastic Four movie. Do the directors even read the comics they're ripping off, or do they just read plot summaries on Wikipedia?

I suspect this movie will do very well, and will be critically acclaimed and win all sorts of awards, but compared to the source material it will be a pale imitation at best and some poorly-scripted, badly-acted fanfiction nightmare at worst. Maybe I'll watch it when it comes out on DVD, but I am very much at the point of superhero movie fatigue and they're going to have to do a hell of a lot better if they want to draw me back in.

11. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I saw it yesterday, and whilst it was a good actiony type flick, I have a few gripes about how they handled certain characters. As for me and the MCU, this is where I stop watching, so I couldn't care less where Marvel goes from here with their movies.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  12. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I watched it like 40 minutes ago. Anyways, all they have left are the individual hero movies. Still no movies for heroes like Daredevil, still more X-men movies, and Fantastic Four still hasn't even had an appearance.

Anyways, this is where you stop reading unless you've seen the movie or you want to have it spoiled.
    Iron man dies. Captain America pretty much dies, and Falcon becomes the new Captain America. Captain Marvel saves everyone. Black Widow sacrifices herself so Hawkeye, who came back, can have the soul stone. Thanos from an alternate universe comes and tries killing everyone. Vision and Quicksilver don't come back. Scarlet Witch does! Emotional scene when Peter Parker and Tony Stark are reunited, then even more emotional when Peter watches Tony die. Also, remember in Age of Ultron when Cap' lifts Thor's hammer? Thor gets his hammer back, almost dies, but Cap' summons said hammer and lighting and save Thor.yay cap. Oh, and Captain America has an awesome action sequence where Captain America fights Captain America. Not in any specific order.

#12 Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019