1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Baranofl & Deedee the Ranger PMD RP

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Deedee the Ranger, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    This is the thread for a Mystery Dungeon RP between Baranofl and Deedee the Ranger.

Characters

Deedee the Ranger
    Name: Vera
    Species: Cubone
    Super short history: Woke up in Bluewood forest just over a year before the story begins. Spent the intervening time building a home and a rapport with the locals.
    Short personality info: Sassy. Slightly rude, but never fails to be perfectly honest. Puts the world on her shoulders.

Baranofl
    Name: Blake
    Species: Ralts
    Super short history: He doesnt remember much about his past. What he does remember, was that he woke up on a random forest with the only memory being that he used to be human.
    Short personality info: Usually kind. Almost always has a smile, but doesnt mind becoming serious when the situation demands it. Usually puts others before himself.

Story

On the continent of Rinta, Pokémon have been affected by a strange aura which makes them violent. To counter this and the outbreak of crime among Pokémon, the Luxray Guild has been formed; a group of Pokémon, led by Lady Luxray and her partner Roselia, which trains Pokémon in how to be a rescue team and works to defend the Pokémon who live in and around Allura Town.

A dark shape has been seen floating around the farther edges of the world, and Pokémon everywhere are nervous. It seems something huge is on the horizon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    The sunny afternoon had made way to dark clouds as Vera made her way through Bluewood Forest. Once a week, she made a habit of travelling through the mystery dungeon just in case anyone like her showed up - someone without their memories.

A flock of Pidgey flew overhead, hooting and chirping loudly. Vera's grip on her bone club twitched in irritation; usually, this was her moment of silence after a long day, but it seemed that, like everything that past week, this too was going wrong.

"AGH!" She yelled, scattering the flock with a single, frustrated shout. "Why can't anything go my way?!"

Then, off in the distance near the lake she'd appeared in almost a year ago, a mighty BANG threw her off her feet.

3. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    At first there was nothing. Just an empty darkness that filled his vision. Then all of the sudden, there was pain. A throbing headache had made its way into his head. His eye lids felt heavy, as if something was holding them down. Slowly, he stated opening his eyes. The sudden light felt like tiny needles stabing his eyes, making him want to close them again, but he used his arm to try and cover his eyes.

Once he finally mannaged to fully open his eyes, he realized that he was laying on the ground. He tried to push himself off the ground, but everything in his body hurt. For every second that went by, the headache only got worse, but eventually he mannaged to get himself on sitting position.

"Uhh... What happened?" He mumbled to himself, while trying to rub his head to remove the painfull headache. Once the headache started slowly dissapearing, he decided to look around, once he did, he realized he was in a forest. "What? When did I get here?" He mumbled to himself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Once Vera was back on her feet, she grabbed her bone club and raced for the lake, flitting between the trees with practiced ease.

Bursting into the clearing around Lake Bluewood, Vera slowed down at the water's edge and froze. Sitting across the lake was a Ralts, who looked to her like he'd just been through hell and back. He was sitting heavily on the ground and looking terribly confused.

-Maybe...- she thought, and set off around the lake, stowing away her bone club by looping it through her bag. She managed to slow down as she got closer, and reached out to grab the Ralt's hand.

"You okay there?" She asked. "You look pretty roughed up."

5. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Feeling someone grabing his hand, he quickly turns his head to see what did it. The moment he saw what held his hand, he panicked and pulled his arm away. He fell on his back as he slowly tried to crawl away.

"Wha... What are you!" He shouted, still trying to crawl away. "You...You're not real! You can't be real!"

Eventually, his back mannaged to hit a tree, preventing him from going further. He quickly closed his eyes, and shook his head. 'This must be dream. Yeah, thats it, just my imagination. I'll wake up sooner or later.' He though to himself.

6. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Vera blinked. "Well," she huffed, "That was kind of rude, wasn't it? Even if I'm not real, what good is it going to do to say so?" She shrugged, retracting her empty hand and tapping her foot. "Whatever. Hey, listen up. Let me guess: You woke up here without any of your memories and one hell of a headache?" Vera trotted up to the panicking Ralts and reached into her bag, snatching up an Oran berry. "Here, should deal with what's left of that headache."

7. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Listening to what she was saying, he realized that this was, in fact, real. He looked up, realizing that she was offering what looked like a giant blueberry. Not wanting to upset her, he took the berry and took a bite out of it. Slowly but surely, the headache was starting to dissapear. He took a deep breath, and decided to answer her question.

"Yeah... I guess I did just suddenly wake up withought any..." He then realized what he was saying. He woke up in this random forest withought any memories, and suddenly there's this giant cubone who knows he has no memory.

"Wait a second, how do you know I have no memory?" He asked her, starting to get a little worried, whats going on!?!

8. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    "Because the same thing happened to me," Vera chuckled. "Yeah, guess I was moving too fast. It's pretty exciting, actually; nobody's turned up in the year I've been here. Name's Vera. What's yours, if you remember?"

#8 Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  9. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    'My name?' He thought to himself. 'Do I even remember my own name?'

He bagan to think hard, trying his hardest to remember his name. The harder he thought, the more the headache decided reapear for a second round. But before the headache could get much worse, a sudden memory hit him like a pile of bricks.

"Blake!" He shouted, realizing he just shouted at the giant cubone, he lowered his voice so that he would'nt accidentaly make her mad. "Blake... thats my name.... I think."

10. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Vera nodded. "Blake it is. You got that headache handled?" She paused to inspect the bewildered Ralts. "Yeah, think so. You'd better, because we're not sticking around." Shifting her bag, she dragged the Ralts to his feet before he could protest. "C'mon, let's go. Ask questions if you must, but trust me when I say that staying here is a very bad idea."

As if to punctuate her statement, a flash and a roll of thunder flared in the distance.

11. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Standing up so sudenly really wasnt the best thing to do, he was already getting light headed, but he could deal with it, it wasnt nearly as bad as the headache.

Before he could even ask her what she ment by when she said that it wasnt safe here, there was bright flash in the distance, followed by the sounds of loud thunder. He then realized that maybe it was best to listen to what she was saying.

"What was that just now? It looked like lightning just struck the ground over there." He asked, pointing towards the direction of the flash.

12. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Vera glanced in the direction of the lightning. There was a wisp of smoke curling up from the trees, and a loud rush of wings as flying types raced away from the fire. She winced; they never listened! At this rate, the fire would extend to the whole forest!

Letting out a loud sigh, she announced, "Right, that's done it. We'd better hurry; that fire's going to spread quickly, and we are in no way equipped to deal with it. Follow me, and don't stop running." Mumbling under her breath, she added, "I swear if you faint on me I'll punch you back into consciousness." Turning around and starting off, she added, "What are you waiting for, an invitation?" Hopefully, that would be enough motivation to get Blake to follow her.

13. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Listening to what she said, he turned back around, only to see that the area that the flash had come from, actually was starting to catch fire. He about to ask her another question, but when he turned around to ask her, he noticed that she was already running.

'Aww crap' He thought to himself. 'Welp, it's now or never, I guess.'

He started chasing after her, trying to catch up ro her so that he woldnt get left behind. But something didnt feel right. His legs felt a lot shorter for some reason. He decided to ignore it for now, he'll worry about that later.

#13 Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  14. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Vera, satisfied with the hurried pace Blake set, turned her attentions to moving forward. Recalling her usual path, she forced herself to ignore the irritating rain and resumed her run, flying over the dirt path as fast as she could.

Breathing hard, she shuddered as another vicious BANG rattled the forest, burning her retinas and forcing her eyes closed. Shaking it off, she glanced back to check that the flustered Ralts was still following before she attempted another burst of speed, forcing herself to ignore the burn in her legs. If she hurried, they'd make it to the Guild before the fire spread too much, and they'd take her seriously enough to go fix the issue.

-if they believe me,- she reminded herself flatly, letting out a bothered huff.

15. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Noticing that the wild bang had temporarily stopped the giant cubone from running away, he decided to make use of it and try to cath up. But before he could even stop, she began to take off again. On the bright side, at least he was close enough to talk to her.

"*Pant* What *Pant* was that? *Pant* Care to explain *Pant* whats going on?" He asked, still trying to catch up to the running Pokémon.

#15 Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  16. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    "If you hadn't guessed," Vera yelled somewhat acerbically, "there's a thunderstorm and a fire! We're not equipped to handle it; we're running to the Guild to get someone who can!" She skipped a step and managed to avoid stumbling. A roll of thunder startled some of the escaping residents, hordes of Caterpie and Weedle inching valiantly away from their nests.

17. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    "A guild?" Blake questioned. "Where is this guild exacly?"

Before he could ask any more questions, he triped on a rock and fell face first. He quickly picked himself back up and continued to follow the cubone, trying not to fall behind.

18. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    Vera sighed in exasperation. She supposed the question was a logical one to ask. "The Luxray Guild is at the top of the hill which is to the northwest of this forest. It isn't far; they use Bluewood as training grounds. Guilds train people to rescue others. Keep moving!" she snapped. "We're nearing the exit; just a little farther and we'll be clear of the forest!"

19. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    'So it's guild that focuses on rescuing others? That doesn't sound so bad.' He thought to himself.

Blake thought it would be best if he stoped asking questions, and focus his energy on running. While he ran, he started thinking about how he got here and what exacly caused it to happen. Thats when he saw it, an opening between the trees. Just like a light at the end of a tunnel, it looked just as tempting to just make one last push.

'Is that our way out?' Blake asked himself.

20. Deedee the Ranger

Umadeleine
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽181.4
    They broke the treeline at high speed, and Vera surreptitiously released a sigh of relief before chasing the edge of a worn-out road. Off in the distance, all along the side of a gently sloping hill, huts and shops were scattered among the small plateaus; steps curved their way upwards, and right at the very top stood a bright blue building, which she recognized immediately as Luxray's Guild. It was, after all, the biggest building in the village.

Unfortunately, she no longer had the trees to take off the edge of the pouring rain. Wincing as the storm rained on, she threw herself into running after one more glance to check that Blake was keeping up. At least here, the ground was even.